Battery saver active?

(2015 Silverado LTZ 6.2) So over the last few days I've been recognizing the Battery saver active notification on my truck. I recently installed a Mechman 250 alternator and a new battery, got a stereo system put in and it didn't have enough power for it so I did the big three Upgrade. I'm getting great voltage but after a while of driving I get the (battery saver active) warning does anyone know what that could be I'm kinda lost.

11 hours ago, King K said:

I ran a 4 gauge ground to from the bottom bracket of the alternator to the ground battery.

Check the path that the factory ground uses and you should see that it goes through the current sensor. Your new ground should run through this also, otherwise, your new bigger ground is the path of least resistance and the sensor will not see it. This is what controls the alternator output, thus the state of charge on your battery. Run your new ground through this and it should correct your issue.

Current sensor.jpg

Edited by Eddie 70

25 minutes ago, King K said:

Thats exactly what it was too, when I unhooked the alternator ground from the battery it didn't come on anymore. I'm going to try that thanks alot!

Hopefully you will be good to go!! Let me know how it works out.