Consumer Report - Least reliable vehicle

Jason_

18 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

The squeak and the leak is all that bugs me anymore. 

If you asked me at any time during the first 3 months of 2019, I would definitely tell you it was the worst, least dependable vehicle I’ve ever owned. The glitches were almost unbearable. Trailer disconnected alerts literally every 5 seconds in cold weather, tons of infotainment bugs, “service steering column lock”, brake loss, flashing check engine lights.

These were really a leapfrog design, it may have been rushed to market, and it definitely took a lot of refining. But I think they are damn good now. And they will unbeatable in 2022 after further refinements.

Tell me about your “service steering column lock” issue. It popped up on my truck a couple weeks ago. Made an appointment at the dealership and then 2 days before the appointment it disappeared..... 

6 minutes ago, Jrodpic said:

Tell me about your “service steering column lock” issue. It popped up on my truck a couple weeks ago. Made an appointment at the dealership and then 2 days before the appointment it disappeared..... 

Yeah, it would pop up like once a week on mine. My steering column was replaced under warranty for an unrelated loose shifter and I never saw the message again. But there’s actually a TSB and update for it now:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10172289-9999.pdf

2 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Yeah, it would pop up like once a week on mine. My steering column was replaced under warranty for an unrelated loose shifter and I never saw the message again. But there’s actually a TSB and update for it now:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10172289-9999.pdf

Interesting the TSB is from February. Truck was built in September. You would think whatever the fix is would already be applied. WTF

On 12/7/2020 at 11:55 AM, CamaroVetteGuy said:

We live in a new world. If you don’t like what the news or publisher says it’s labeled FAKE NEWS!!

the Media is owned by a handful of COrporate owned conglomerates  and Foreign countries, who All  have Agendas of their own!  Truth is not something they are interested in.. thus why all news  is FAKE NEWS!

Edited by flyingfool

On 12/7/2020 at 1:55 PM, CamaroVetteGuy said:

We live in a new world. If you don’t like what the news or publisher says it’s labeled FAKE NEWS!!

I don't know about you, but the first place I come for nuanced political and medical facts and opinions is a forum about pickup trucks. 

• Haha 2

Interesting.. the Toyota boys seem to have a cult following.  What did you dislike?

I don't let anything non-american in my driveway, but just curious [emoji4]

Hummm interesting. Would that be made in or based in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk