Consumer Report - Least reliable vehicle

Jason_

Not enough 2021s in circulation for long enough to have real data, so the 2021 list is simply a projection based on consumer studies over the past two model years. In other words, CR is saying the 19s and 20s are unreliable, and the 2021 may be as well.

If anyone actually paid attention to CR, I might be worried about my resale value.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Yeah, their credibility is stretched.  They skew results to their liking.

I have a Tesla and they claim GM's super cruise is better.  That's absolutely laughable.
I had an XT6 but the full super cruise isn't legal yet in Canada. Neither is the tesla self driving but people use it

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, AdamAT4 said:

I had an XT6 but the full super cruise isn't legal yet in Canada. Neither is the tesla self driving but people use it

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Just as a reference:  My  truck using the TAC, if Im driving into the sun, 50% of the time it disables and disengages.  That doesnt happen in a Tesla.

Consumer reports is right up there with  Home advisor and Angie's list.  I can go on and on to name more . They use  ratings from the few legit complaints to discredit good brands and people. Home Advisor is  probably closer to the model that  Consumer Reports use. They charge on BOTH ENDS. 

BBB Is another that bad mouth any Business who does not Write them a check.

Most people  ask friends and relatives for product advice.. not a site you have to pay for , Well one would hope anyway.

• Like 1

If you spend too much time on this forum reading the horror stories you probably wouldn't even think about buying a GM truck and no one gets paid for their opinions.

Consumer Reports is good for the shanty, if you don't mind a few paper cuts.....

• Like 1

2020 RST CC here with absolutely zero problems. 

Never been back to the dealer since the day I signed the paperwork.......no regrets, most reliable out of the box vehicle I've ever purchased. 

CR is been a rag magazine for years.....wouldn't trust it one bit. 

If the Silverado is such a POS why are they selling almost 600K of these a year? 

How does this make any sense.....

To be considered for this list, we must have at least two model years of data in calculating the predicted reliability score.

image.thumb.jpeg.72dec8d275dc067f9eac8d4a124f2f88.jpeg

Edited by BigMick2020

So I also watched the guy that review trucks and SUV on YouTube about this topic and he said it might not be completely accurate because they don't review every single model, he also proceeded to say it is mainly because of the 8speed 5.3 with DFM – interestingly enough that is what I have and have not had a single issue with the engine or transmission 27k miles so far. I had few hiccups tho: weird noise from the front suspension that is gone on its own after 20k miles, either a bolt rattled its way out or other interior noises are masking the noise coming from the suspension either way it’s gone. Back up camera was blindingly bright at night that got fixed with a visit to the dealership. Other than that, I really like the truck and think it is best looking 1/2ton you can buy today, maybe the interior is not that pretty, but it is functional and not offensive. I don’t have the sliding rear window and that seems to be the hot topic now – so yeah have not experience the leaking rear window issue.

All in all I don’t care what the report say and I try to take people complaint on the forum with a grain of salt, after all usually people comes to the forum to look for issue or write about one so yeah it is going to be full of bad stuff.

• Like 1