Tri fold for LT Trailboss

I’ve been researching this for a while. I just ordered the GM tri-fold made by REV. It is based on the Bakflip MX4 (supposedly made by Bakflip under the REV name?) which has great reviews. The reason I ordered the REV over the backflip is because it is $300 cheaper in my area (Alaska) due to shipping.

I got the REV for $850 installed because GM is having a sale this month until the end of the year. Unfortunately, it’s backordered so I am waiting. 

I went and looked at a couple of backflips and they were nice. I also looked at the Leer quad hard fold and that was the nicest one but it was $1450 installed (oof). I’ll report back when I get mine on. It seems nice and just like the backflip in the videos. 

I have the undercover ultraflex and love it.  No leaks and great customer service.  I ordered it from amazon for shipping, but have had a couple small issues (bracket that holds arm in place and the latch on the arm) and the manufacturer sent the parts no questions asked fedex 2 day.

I have a 21 LT TB short box. There's lots of good options, but I went with the Lomax black urethane finished tri fold. Very happy with it so far. Really like the low profile design with no rubber gaskets on the sides.

Luke at Truck Alterations hooked me up. I purchased, Thanksgiving day and it arrived Tuesday the following week. $675 for matte shipped no tax or $710 shipped no tax for black urethane finish.

Resized_20201202_174828.jpeg

On 12/6/2020 at 10:25 PM, f8l vnm said:

BAKFLIP MX4 would be my choice. But lots of good companies out there. 

x2

Love my BakFlip MX4.....lays very flat and has a thin profile. 

Also can handle loads of snow, which we tend to get up here in Minnesota. 

It allows full use of the bed by flipping all the way forward.....a lot of covers don't do that and require removal. 

Edited by BigMick2020

23 hours ago, PuffDr4gon said:

I have a 21 LT TB short box. There's lots of good options, but I went with the Lomax black urethane finished tri fold. Very happy with it so far. Really like the low profile design with no rubber gaskets on the sides.

Luke at Truck Alterations hooked me up. I purchased, Thanksgiving day and it arrived Tuesday the following week. $675 for matte shipped no tax or $710 shipped no tax for black urethane finish.

Resized_20201202_174828.jpeg

100% agree with this.  Luke at Truck Alterations got me mine for $675, as well.  Got it in 2 days.  No complaints with the cover.  I haven't noticed any leaks.