Budget-Friendly Mods/Accessories?

My first mod was my right foot, however it's still a work in progress. Apparently, if you apply less pressure with it onto the accelerator peddle you'll save money keeping the truck fueled up. Best of all, this mod is free. Can't beat that!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I got a few for "cheap" mods/accessories

$25 Rydonair Flexible Rubber Antenna Replacement

$23 Center Console Organizer Tray

$17 Center Console Divider

$42 Z71 Emblems Replacement (Black & Red)

$24 Silverado 6.2L Matte Black Emblem 

$4 Plastic dip can to black out the front bowtie (and rear emblems as well

On 1/8/2021 at 10:15 AM, 2020_LTZ_in_Georgia said:

I went with a OPT7 Redline off EBay  with their 4 pin mod and a Curts together. Works/looks nice. Was about $150 for all three. Same on Amazon, but they only have amber turns available on Amazon. It’s Sequential Turn Signals, which is what I was really going for and red turns. Super bright reverse too. Also has a nice perk of a trailer spoof. Now my side mirror cameras work with turn signals. 
I haven’t connected to a trailer yet, but I don’t foresee a problem.

Wow.. never seen this one before.  Click click.. buy here.  Thanks!

Not exactly a mod, but I found the craftsman versastak/dewalt tstak drawers for $35 fit well under the rear seat and are accessible without raising the rear seat. And it works well to take in and out as well. 792828c880a09d5761103e6ecd0135c4.jpg

The bottom drawer drags just a hair on the rubber mat. Wouldnt need much to raise it up if it bothered you enough. My bosch 12v flexiclick sits snug on top of it as well.

5d8330406fb2955b5757727db8fd0dc2.jpg

Sorry for dark photos. 6c94e2527ace4d54e0efd807a2ec3c36.jpg

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/gm/products/2019-silverado-sierra-autostop-eliminator

Auto Stop Eliminator, and I also agree with tinted windows... or tint front windows to match the rear.

I also always get rear wheelhouse liners. I can't stand the unfinished look of the rear wheel houses on trucks.

Spray in bedliner a classic but that's getting a little more expensive. All 4 of these together should still be
Thanks for telling me about auto stop eliminator. I despise that feature.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Anyone find an aftermarket cup holder to supplant the fold down center seat option? The cup holder barely fits a kid drink yet alone a decent sized cup of coffee. Wish I had the center console as this center seat is nearly worthless.

If anyone runs across anything that goes between that seat and the dash let me know. I’d be very interested.

I could always install the full console but trying to avoid that if I can. Love the truck but inadequate space for larger drinks for sure.

Tailgate light bar. Amazon has some cheap ones for around $30. Buy the putco harness for about $50 and you’re good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree this is a great upgrade that’s easy to install. Or if your up to some soldering you can wire it in without the Putco harness.

6c8b5afa4e0b9df9b8519455cc49df97.jpg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, M3Master said:

Is this stuff applicable for all trim models?   I have an LTZ and don't want to replace apples for apples.  But the backup lights are dismal.  Thanks for the links!

Not all trim models. I think the LTZ and High Country already have LED turns and reverse lights. 
If they do, they cannot be swapped. They’re not bulbs, they’re LED’s soldered onto PCB boards. 

There’s a couple other topics on here that might give you that answer. Or you could just pull the tail light and see. 

2 hours ago, shanemoon said:

Not all trim models. I think the LTZ and High Country already have LED turns and reverse lights. 
If they do, they cannot be swapped. They’re not bulbs, they’re LED’s soldered onto PCB boards. 

There’s a couple other topics on here that might give you that answer. Or you could just pull the tail light and see. 

Much appreciated.

Budget friendly is a little vague, so I'll go with under $500 mods.

1. Swapped Bose speakers to JL Audio C1 6x9 components in front and C1 6.5" in rear, installed dynomat in doors and window caulk? around speaker mounts.  Under $400 for speakers, mounts, wire harnesses at Crutchfield.  Substantial improvement over Bose speakers.  Best mod done to date.
  2. LineX bedliner.  $500
  3. Short stubby antenna (bought on Amazon) < $20
  4. S&B CAI $329@Real Truck (On backorder)
  5. Luverne Slim Grip Running Boards $439@Real Truck

• 1 month later...