I hate to start a new topic but looks like I had to, 

So I'm doing an escalade interior swap on my 2008 chevrolet silverado 1500, I got a full donar vehicle, what I will do is pull the whole dash, counsel, seats, and all the interior wiring, but use my silverados bcm, one issue that I am facing is how will I add the vci numbers for the seats and pretty much the whole dash to work with my 2008 silverados bcm since it never came with all those features, 

Gm in Canada here is to stubborn to create vci numbers and they simply won't do it, 

Is there any advice I could have? 

Can gm program the bcm without the truck being at the dealer? 

17 hours ago, 08cadyswap said:

So I'm doing an escalade interior swap on my 2008 chevrolet silverado 1500, I got a full donar vehicle, what I will do is pull the whole dash, counsel, seats, and all the interior wiring, but use my silverados bcm, one issue that I am facing is how will I add the vci numbers for the seats and pretty much the whole dash to work with my 2008 silverados bcm since it never came with all those features, 

Gm in Canada here is to stubborn to create vci numbers and they simply won't do it, 

Unfortunately not.

Go to a programming shop that can program update the programming for you. It can be done.

I contacted a guy that is known to be fairly good at programming and he told me to keep the escalade's BCM, then what he would do is take my ECM from my silverado and program the vin from the escalade to the ecm, at this point the BCM and the ECM are talking to each other just as if nothing happened, but here comes the issue, my engine in my silverado is just the regular 5.3, the engine in the escalade is the 6.2, now my ecm has the tune for a 6.2, I could throw a custom tune in for a 5.3 unless some of the other electronics will not work that way, 

If anyone has a better solution please let me know, 

8 hours ago, 08cadyswap said:

I contacted a guy that is known to be fairly good at programming and he told me to keep the escalade's BCM, then what he would do is take my ECM from my silverado and program the vin from the escalade to the ecm, at this point the BCM and the ECM are talking to each other just as if nothing happened, but here comes the issue, my engine in my silverado is just the regular 5.3, the engine in the escalade is the 6.2, now my ecm has the tune for a 6.2, I could throw a custom tune in for a 5.3 unless some of the other electronics will not work that way, 

If anyone has a better solution please let me know, 

from what I understand the BCM (body control module) controls your electrical and features for the interior of your vehicle. If you take it to GM they are going to use your vin to do that. What your friend or contact is suggesting is swapping the BCM from the cady and in theory it should work if every option that came with the escalade is now in your truck.  the PCM (powertrain control module) will be the one that controls how your engine and truck operates outside of the cab. Since you dont need both flashed or programmed when swapping one or the other I am guessing your PCM should still be good to your engine, and drive train, but the BCM should control the interior to the mated options/vin of your donor.  Your remote start might be and issue, and your keyless entry also might be too. 

1 hour ago, Sharpz said:

from what I understand the BCM (body control module) controls your electrical and features for the interior of your vehicle. If you take it to GM they are going to use your vin to do that. What your friend or contact is suggesting is swapping the BCM from the cady and in theory it should work if every option that came with the escalade is now in your truck.  the PCM (powertrain control module) will be the one that controls how your engine and truck operates outside of the cab. Since you dont need both flashed or programmed when swapping one or the other I am guessing your PCM should still be good to your engine, and drive train, but the BCM should control the interior to the mated options/vin of your donor.  Your remote start might be and issue, and your keyless entry also might be too. 

Yes gm can program it but only to the features that the vehicle came from the factory witch my silverado didn't have very many, doesn't the pcm have to match the vin of the ecm too? I am taking the keys and looks, steering column from the cady so it should all be with the bcm 

2 hours ago, 08cadyswap said:

Yes gm can program it but only to the features that the vehicle came from the factory witch my silverado didn't have very many, doesn't the pcm have to match the vin of the ecm too? I am taking the keys and looks, steering column from the cady so it should all be with the bcm 

I dont think they do need to match. They need to communicate with each other, and I cant see why they wouldnt.  Even if they did, I think it will only prevent the fuel pump from engaging and ignition to the starter, both of which can be bypassed rather easy.  I think the biggest issue would be if you dont use every option available to the cady in your truck, such as side airbags, or whatever.  This might throw error codes and prevent startup but I have no idea about all you are going to do with your swap, just keep that in mind if you plan on using the caddy bcm.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 11:48 PM, 08cadyswap said:

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2007-2014-c-k-truck-suv-custom-bcm-programming/