So as many of you know we completed most of our initial K2XX development on one of the very first production salable Yukon Denali's at launch of the K2XX SUV's. This continued with each minor iteration including another 2016 Yukon Denali for new feature integration and into other platforms with shared architecture from there on out.

That said it was time to return to our roots back to K2XX but this time with something different ;)

IMG_6169.jpg

Say hello to our new 2018 Sierra Denali development vehicle! (and no we did not park it like this lol) 

We will be using this vehicle relatively short term to finish some of the specific functions/features that have been requested but we were unable to fully test (we do not release anything we have not fully vetted in a long term test vehicle) so this should allow for some hopefully exciting new offerings.

Heres what we've done so far that may interest you guys (not listing the cosmetic stuff :))

-HMI Full Unlock, Video in Motion from USB, Nav Entry in motion, Vehicle config in motion, Rear Camera in motion

-Rear camera in motion thank to @pgamboa's fantastic super easy plug and play harness (and the above programming)

-Remote start run time extended to 20 Minutes per Cycle (40 minutes total). 

-Fogs with High beams WITH Auto High Beams - Fogs work in BOTH modes. Those of you with Intellibeam know that simply pressing the fog lamp button kills the auto high beam function completely on a factory truck. 

We have other things we are working on as well that are Truck specific as well such as cargo lamps available at all times (in motion etc).

Some of this will directly translate to T1XX Trucks as well and we have done quite a bit on those as well, we will likely grab a T1XX SUV for development in 2020 as well. 

Stay tuned as we are going to have a lot of fun with this thing!! 

Edited by GTPprix
Because words LOL
  • Like 11

21 hours ago, GTPprix said:

All custom and you'd need to contact from the website; there is a lot of time involved in some of this stuff. 

Chris...what are the chances (now that you have a K2 in your possession) you and @pgamboa can figure out the horrible recirculate door operation? As best I can figure, it is "programmed" to only close to a certain degree but regardless of the numbers (90%/80%/60%) it supposedly was programmed to not close entirely due to dust????? I do not live in a dusty area and even if I did I would rather clean the car than smell the exhaust or stink from other cars or dead animals. Only reason I am asking is because everything I have read points to the GM programming of the door operations. Take that beautiful truck you have and see for yourself, it's horrendously ineffective.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lapoolboy said:

I'd love for someone to figure out how disable the stupid active shutter system.

I haven't had any trouble with mine but I know it makes it a PITA to install a grill mounted light bar. Thought I read somewhere that you can remove them and plug the lead into some kind of "dummy" plug that fools the system?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SS502 said:

Chris...what are the chances (now that you have a K2 in your possession) you and @pgamboa can figure out the horrible recirculate door operation? As best I can figure, it is "programmed" to only close to a certain degree but regardless of the numbers (90%/80%/60%) it supposedly was programmed to not close entirely due to dust????? I do not live in a dusty area and even if I did I would rather clean the car than smell the exhaust or stink from other cars or dead animals. Only reason I am asking is because everything I have read points to the GM programming of the door operations. Take that beautiful truck you have and see for yourself, it's horrendously ineffective.

Well that's not BCM controlled BUT we do service the module that controls it. Are there more details on this? E.g. has anyone physically looked at one in operation to determine if it's not a physical design flaw etc. That would help me determine if I want to go down that rabbit hole. 

1 hour ago, cbrsilv15 said:

Man, I’d love to have the longer remote start times. Lol. 

We will begin offering BCM programming on a time limited basis here very soon. This will be VERY limited time slot wise as it takes an enormous amount of time to build them on our end. 

1 hour ago, lapoolboy said:

I'd love for someone to figure out how disable the stupid active shutter system.

I want to say thats just ECM controlled in which case a tune with the code disabled will allow you to remove it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

Well that's not BCM controlled BUT we do service the module that controls it. Are there more details on this? E.g. has anyone physically looked at one in operation to determine if it's not a physical design flaw etc. That would help me determine if I want to go down that rabbit hole. 

We will begin offering BCM programming on a time limited basis here very soon. This will be VERY limited time slot wise as it takes an enormous amount of time to build them on our end. 

I want to say thats just ECM controlled in which case a tune with the code disabled will allow you to remove it.

Chris, I personally have not and initially sought out @pgamboa to look into this because he has had the interior of his truck about as torn down as you can get LOL. He may be able to chime in on this. For me, this would rival my Denali cluster...not it looks obviously but in functionality :)

Edited by SS502

8 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Chris, I personally have not and initially sought out @pgamboa to look into this because he has had the interior of his truck about as torn down as you can get LOL. He may be able to chime in on this. For me, this would rival my Denali cluster...not it looks obviously but in functionality :)

So I guess the question is this is a common complaint? I mean I dont mind doing custom jobs but this would be a big one (and way to expensive lol) to do for one person :)