Changing transmission and oil cooler line fitting swap

Has anyone ever tried changing the aluminum line to rubber hose crimps for the transmission and oil cooler lines out for AN fittings on and 07-13 Sierra 5.3L? I have a 2013 Sierra and the cold here in Canada isn’t kind to these crimps as I believe the rubber and aluminum have different shrink rates because of difference in material causing them to leak. Replacing them will not solve the problem as the will just do the same thing every year. So what I want to know is if anyone has successfully done this and what fittings did you use?

Edited by Coral

If you can find fittings compatible with the transmission and cooler I'm sure it would work. You would just have to use a hose rated for high enough temp/pressure which could get expensive. 

Also, I live in Alaska and I haven't had this problem on my transmission cooler lines even in temps as cold as -40 F. For what it's worth, I think replacing your lines with new parts will help because the whole point of the rubber is that it's flexible. It might not last as long as it would in a milder climate but that's true of a lot of things.

I’m talking more along the lines of cutting out the crimp entirely and replacing it with and AN fitting while still retaining the original lines rather that making them fit up to the coolers