At4 vs Denali ride quality

How is the ride quality in the AT4 vs the Denali if they both have the heavy duty front spring package?  I have heard some people say the AT4 is more bouncy, some people it's stiffer, some say they can't tell a difference.  Also does the heavy duty front spring package effect the ride quality?  I am getting an AT4 for towing, but 99% of the time it will be a daily driver.

What do you mean by heavy duty front spring package?  Camper package goes up one level of stiffness, increasing the front axle rating by 400 lbs.  The snow plow package springs raise the front axle rating one or two levels depending on the truck configuration.  There are other threads where details are provided.  I have a 3500 CCLB SRW Gas with X31 and camper springs arriving in about a week.  I only drove truck with standard springs.  I'll post later how it compares. 

HD denali has the same suspension as the HD  at4. 

On HD, the X31 s standard of both at4 and Denali.  It is optional on the other trims.

HD front/camper is available on all trims., as is snowplow.

1500 Denali has the adaptive ride control system

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Another JR said:

What do you mean by heavy duty front spring package?  Camper package goes up one level of stiffness, increasing the front axle rating by 400 lbs.  The snow plow package springs raise the front axle rating one or two levels depending on the truck configuration.  There are other threads where details are provided.  I have a 3500 CCLB SRW Gas with X31 and camper springs arriving in about a week.  I only drove truck with standard springs.  I'll post later how it compares. 

It is an AT4 2500 it comes standard with towing package.  Then there is a $45 package called "Heavy Duty Front Spring/Camper Package" 

• 3 weeks later...

I have the heavy duty spring package on my 2021 2500 AT4, and I cant tell the difference in the least when compared to driving my buddies 2020 2500 Denali with standard springs.  Frankly, the truck rides the best I have ever seen for a 2500.  It still rides like a truck, but very tolerable.

I have the heavy duty spring package on my 2021 2500 AT4, and I cant tell the difference in the least when compared to driving my buddies 2020 2500 Denali with standard springs.  Frankly, the truck rides the best I have ever seen for a 2500.  It still rides like a truck, but very tolerable.
Agree. Anyone who complains about the ride in these 2500's has apparently never had one before. It's unbelievable what they can pull off with these trucks. I haven't had an HD since my GMT (2009) and that felt like an HD.

These T1 HD's are amazing. Especially on the highway... even with the gas motor I creep up to 80 if I'm not paying attention... and my last truck was a 2017 Denali with the actual magnetic ride control and a 6.2.

I'm pleasantly surprised if you can't tell. Lol

On 3/13/2021 at 12:33 PM, CaptainMorganNC said:

Is that just because they are 2500s, or does the heavy duty front spring package make it worse?  Would it be bad as a daily driver?  I still have time to take that package off.

I would disregard his statement.  Clearly has no idea how nice these trucks drive for HD's, you will be impressed.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, greatmizzou said:

I drove a , maybe 2015, Denali 2500 with the magnaride stuff and I disliked it.    Does GM not offer a fancy shock system on the new trucks?

That would have been a 1500 model, not an HD.

2 hours ago, CRApex said:

That would have been a 1500 model, not an HD.

Interesting thanks! It was a 2500 gasser and was a test drive at a dealership.  I guess the salesman was misinformed.  It was maybe just the "chevy shake" then lol.  He tried selling me on it saying it evened out as it sped up but i was convinced at the time it had the dreaded shake problem and that was why it had so many low miles

My '21 3500HD AT4 rides real nice and the steering is better than my '16 2500HD. I also had Fox shocks all around on my old truck and the new one rides just as smooth if not better and I do have the camper/plow spring package. GM did their homework on this one. I did have 31" tires on the 2500 too.