Multipro tailgate hitch suggestions

I didn't know they had options. I don't ride around with my ball in, just take the 30 seconds to install it and lock it in when needed. Im interested to see the responses though.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Look up B&W trailer hitches...
Nice design, a bit rich for my blood. If you tow a few times a week I could see it being a good investment and saving you $1500 plus to replace these tailgates [emoji106]

I didn't know they had options. I don't ride around with my ball in, just take the 30 seconds to install it and lock it in when needed. Im interested to see the responses though.

This is true. However, the big benefit of the B&W is you basically have an assortment of drops/rises with an assortment of ball sizes without needing all the storage space for them. And you don’t have to remove it (if you buy the right one).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, elcamino said:

I had a Curt tailgate sensor installed on my truck so the gate won't drop when a hitch is in the receiver.  

GMC_Tailgate_Sensor_Cap.jpg

Never saw that before. Neat. Makes you wonder why GM didn’t think of that...

Its new,  even the local Curt dealer was unaware of it....My brother, lives in Cleveland (Wis), found a Curt dealer in Green Bay who installed one on his GMC so I sought out a local dealer.  But it looks like an easy install, took <30 min. When I looked online it said back-ordered but I see that's no longer the case.

Edited by elcamino

33 minutes ago, elcamino said:

Its new,  even the local Curt dealer was unaware of it....My brother, lives in Cleveland (Wis), found a Curt dealer in Green Bay who installed one on his GMC so I sought out a local dealer.  But it looks like an easy install, took <30 min. When I looked online it said back-ordered but I see that's no longer the case.

I read about it, but personally wouldn’t want it or trust it. If sensor fails for any reason,  there goes the tailgate. Jmo

Edited by Dogdad
Spelling

9 hours ago, calgator73 said:

Used on of these on my 2020. Works great. Only issue is if you use a locking pin, it won’t fit. Need to be a straight pin and clip. 

12 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Never saw that before. Neat. Makes you wonder why GM didn’t think of that...

They didn't need to.  Curt and GM partner together so this is offered through every GM dealership as an accessory.

GM Part# 19421060

1 hour ago, GearheadSS said:

They didn't need to.  Curt and GM partner together so this is offered through every GM dealership as an accessory.

GM Part# 19421060

I recall seeing that but never read through the description as it said it was a hitch cover.