• 1 month later...

My 2020 Silverado 2500 has a knock they told me it was the vacuum pump!!  it also has 36,000 miles on it in the last two oil changes it’s been 2 1/2 quarts of low on all each time I changed the oil! Anybody else having problem with the truck using up to 2.5 quarts oil in between oil changes? 

I have not had any oil loss or consumption. I did change my oil last weekend and the knocking noise was right back at it.  Has since calmed down again after the oil got some miles on it. A little sooner this time . I have come to the conclusion that it's just gonna be a regular thing with this truck. 

What oil do you use. I know GM has a oil consumption procedure. They gauge consumption per say miles i think. But i do not  know how far they would go to help you. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/20/2022 at 7:14 AM, Brian Gemmill said:

So my noise cleared up as well after several hundred miles...  changed my oil again and noise is back again!  Crazy.  Im a mechanic, i work on this stuff for a living but as a consumer - it drives me crazy owning a noise i cant explain. 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Brian Gemmill.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truck. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Brian Gemmill/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

1 hour ago, GMCustomerService said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Brian Gemmill.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truck. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Brian Gemmill/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

GM Customer Service: Have you considered sending these messages as a direct PM rather than an open post?  

Edited by Another JR

• 1 year later...

Joseph Alvarado here from Phoenix Arizona I purchased the 2020 2500 Chevy HD truck back in late 2019.  I've always been a big fan of Chevy trucks as this is the fourth Chevy pickup that I have owned but I must say I'm really disappointed in 2020s 2500 model I've had nothing but problem at the problem Non-Stop and I only have 52,000 miles on the truck the truck has spent nearly a year at the shop and has gone from shop to shop being anywhere from sensors to transmission problems rear axle problems and it's just a Non-Stop issue after issue I'm sick of this I try to call and text GM it won't do anything about it

Edited by Joseph Alvarado