GM Service Information Accessories Manual

Does anybody have access to this, and are the documents something that can be shared here?

After waiting over a month I finally received an accessory I ordered, only to have a piece of paper inside that states, "For customer installation please request service instructions sheet from your local dealer."  The item I need installation instructions for its GM part number 84182981.  It's the numbered keypad for the driver's door.

Did you read the description when you bought it?

• Requires installation and calibration by an authorized Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac dealership (extra cost, see dealer for details)

Tools Required

Measuring Tape

Masking Tape

Before you start

Note: For the keypad to adhere best, the vehicle’s front door should be free of damage (dents, scratches, creases, fractures, etc.).

1. The part and surface should be 21°C (70°F) prior to installation. The vehicle should remain 21°C (70°F) for one hour after assembly to allow adhesive to develop sufficient bond strength.
  2. Clean the area above the driver side door handle with alcohol wipe.
Programming and Mounting the Keypad to the Vehicle
  1. Take a clear picture of the wallet card to be sent to TCSC.
  2. You also have the option of scanning the QR code from the wallet card and transferring the file from your device to a PC to include in the email.
  3. Send the file and email to: TCSC ([email protected]) along with the clear picture of the Wallet Card. Make sure to include the following in the subject line: “Wireless Keypad Accessory”. Incomplete requests without all required information cannot be processed.
  4. TCSC will send you another file back. Place this file in C:\Users\your id\sps\type4.
  5. TIS2WEB should now have the “BCM Cody Control Module – Accessory only Keypad Learn” option in Supported Controllers.
  6. Using TIS2WEB Program the Keypad.
  7. Once TIS2WEB verifies the programming was successful, enter the 5 digit driver unlock code within 30 seconds. If the driver door unlocks, the Keypad was successfully entered.
  8. Verify the keypad’s functionality using the “User Instructions.
  9. Place the “User Wallet Card” and the “User Instructions” in the vehicle owner’s manual.

Note: Questions?  Please call TCSC at 800-828-6860, press 1 for GM Accessories or press 3 for any programming issues (8AM to 8PM EST).

10. Request for Wireless Keypad Accessory Installation
    • Dealer Code or BAC:
    • Complete 17-Digit VIN:
    • Dealership Name:
    • Technician Name:
    • Contact Phone Number:

Note: A clear photo of the wallet card must be attached to this email.

Note: When taking a photo of the wallet card, be sure that the photo does not have sunlight or flash glare . The glare makes the decoding process difficult for TCSC.

APPENDIX A
Procedure

1. Starting from the driver side rear door edge (1) measure 160 mm along the door feature line (5) and position keypad (2).

Note: Use masking tape to mark dimensions.

2. Starting from the door feature line (4) measure down 6 mm and position top edge (3) of keypad.

Note: Use masking tape to mark dimensions.

3. Peel the protective liner from the adhesive backing on keypad and position to marked dimensions. Be careful not to touch the tape with hands and do not allow tape to come in contact with dirt or any foreign matter prior to adhesion.

Important: The adhesive will bond quickly to the paint. In the event that the keypad should be mis-aligned after installation, do not attempt to remove the keypad as this will cause paint damage. To avoid mis-alignment, do not drop the keypad into place. Instead, first align the top edge of the keypad to the referenced masking tape, then right outer edge to referenced masking tape. Then, toggle the keypad into place. Once the keypad is in place, press firmly on the entire surface of the keypad and then apply 15 PSI of equal pressure along the entire keypad to ensure good tape adhesion.

Yes, I read it.  I also asked questions about it here on this website.  Apparently, some info I received was incorrect.  I was told it was possible to do the install myself.  Oh, well.  It's no big deal.  My truck is going to the dealership for some warranty work and am oil change tonight.  I'll just add this install to the list of things that need to be done. 

Thank you for posting up the installation instructions.  I started this thread not just for this one accessory, but for those who would like the install instructions for any/all GM Accessories.  I know from experience, because my truck is practically a rolling display of the GM Accessories catalog, that most of GM's accessories don't include instructions anymore, but also don't require the dealer to do the install. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
30 minutes ago, Mike and Nikki McAllister said:

This is stupid I'm not put my credit card number in for damn directions on how to install something myself 

Where did you see sending a credit card is required?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, Guasin said:

GOOD MORNING. TODAY IS 06/08/23 I’M WORKING ON A 2023 ESCALADE ADDING SOME ACCESSORIES TO IT AND I CAN’T FIND THESE ACCESSORIES MANUALS. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY’RE AVAILABLE NOW? THANKS. 

Stop down to your dealer and ask them to print the ones you need.  

You mean owner / installation manuals for accessories you've purchased or manuals showing what's available for your 23 escalade? 

Cadillac site shows 237 items for 2023 Escalade ESV

It also shows a discount program that depends on how much is spent...

https://accessories.cadillac.com/search?body=Sport Utility&bodyId=11&make=Cadillac&makeId=46&model=Escalade ESV&modelId=23452&year=2023&bodyNumDoors=5&bodyNumDoorsId=5