Recovery hook driver side

11 minutes ago, steelerdude1 said:

Giving up for today, may just put the other black one back on and be done with it. BD20ABAD-DA38-4124-BC76-22DB2B7C939C.thumb.jpeg.c4f959393db4998d7bda1d5e63535d43.jpeg

It never fails when installing something its always the last install that there are problems but if it were me, I would take a Dremel and grind that plastic piece off enough to drop the bolt as long it's a lip and not a solid piece stopping the bolt.

Edited by Silverado4x4

1 minute ago, Silverado4x4 said:

It never fails when installing something its always the last install that there are problems but if it were me, I would take a Dremel and grind that plastic piece off enough to drop the bolt. 

thanks for replying , 

I tried to get a Dremel  in there, there but there is not enough room. Not sure if I can buy a long extension though. 

Both of mine came out easy peasy and I dont recall having any plastic covering anything.  30 seconds with the bumper off if I remember correctly, so I'm not sure what's going on. Is yours a diesel?  Mine is a 5.3 so it might not have had that component to begin with on the front end if that's the case.

Edited by Gangly

1 hour ago, Gangly said:

Both of mine came out easy peasy and I dont recall having any plastic covering anything.  30 seconds with the bumper off if I remember correctly, so I'm not sure what's going on. Is yours a diesel?  Mine is a 5.3 so it might not have had that component to begin with on the front end if that's the case.

I have the 2.7 turbo

3 hours ago, gemarsh said:

How about a sawzall and put the new bolt in from the other direction?

I tried  that is too. Bolt just wanted to spin. Was afraid  to grab it with vice grips in case it didn’t cut through and not being able to use the bolt if it didn’t work 

I’m going to try one of the reciprocating  dremels and a bolt cutter in the morning. 

Edited by steelerdude1

9 hours ago, steelerdude1 said:

I tried  that is too. Bolt just wanted to spin. Was afraid  to grab it with vice grips in case it didn’t cut through and not being able to use the bolt if it didn’t work 

I’m going to try one of the reciprocating  dremels and a bolt cutter in the morning. 

Maybe a box end wrench?

Maybe a socket on a breaker bar?

Put the black ones on then get small paint brush red enamel paint and paint the ones you have, people put the red ones on just for show anyway and never use them, no one will know there painted. I have used mine {black) a few times and still look new I bet the red ones would look like crap if used.

Edited by Silverado4x4

I tried cutting the bolt with bolt cutters (not enough room) a long Sawzall metal cutting blade (put thread locker on, let it set up and held the nut with a wrench). That didn’t work, tried a Dremel oscillating tool with a metal blade still no luck. 

Between those 065C4296-B038-43E9-9CE6-5BF2754311FA.thumb.jpeg.e44616dada8520e0df71231379a5aed0.jpeg8AB99640-83D7-432D-B9DA-376E429619B7.thumb.jpeg.99d121920ca6a8652b3b7cab23ad6cc9.jpeg2 tools, I was able to get to the plastic shroud corner cut off and finally got the bolt out. It was very tight, and I am just wondering where they get their engineers, LOL

They are finally both on now!

Had I known this, I probably would not have bought them. 

You have to pull the intercooler to get to the bolts. Its a pain in the ass. I had the same experience when switching out my bumper for an aftermarket bumper. The first part of the instructions was to remove the tow hooks. That should have been the last part hahaha. Took forever.....