New to the site, have a 2021 2500hd  with 6.6 gas. Yesterday was turning around in my driveway and heard a bang, then check engine light,  trac light,  reduced engine power,  service parking brake  lights all came on. I can run through the gear shift, but it won't engage any gears. When I have it in r or d if I touch the gas it revs up and speedo keeps going up. Looked at shift linkage and it does move, so I'm guessing a serious internal trans issue?? Anyone else have an issue like this? Thank you , 

Update, just pulled code p215b , output shaft speed correlation 

Edited by Daler442

I agree. Sounds like you broke something in the 4wd system rather than the transmission due to making repeated tight turns in 4wd in a high tire traction condition. Unfortunately it’s not really built for that. 

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, Chade85 said:

What was the issue? Was it covered under warranty?

The OP hasn’t visited the site since March of 2022. If you quote him and re-ask the question he should get an email that you quoted him. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/13/2022 at 11:16 AM, Daler442 said:

New to the site, have a 2021 2500hd  with 6.6 gas. Yesterday was turning around in my driveway and heard a bang, then check engine light,  trac light,  reduced engine power,  service parking brake  lights all came on. I can run through the gear shift, but it won't engage any gears. When I have it in r or d if I touch the gas it revs up and speedo keeps going up. Looked at shift linkage and it does move, so I'm guessing a serious internal trans issue?? Anyone else have an issue like this? Thank you , 

Update, just pulled code p215b , output shaft speed correlation  ---- was it the trans mine did samething in 2 wheel drive . thanks

• 1 month later...

I have a 2020 Silverado 2500 HD with the same problem, heard a clunking sound, trac control light came in, park brake light, won't move forward or backwards, show p215b code, revs up when put in drive or reverse, anyone have this happen and what was the problem, how do I repair it?

On 3/5/2024 at 3:08 PM, Mike Heminger said:

I have a 2020 Silverado 2500 HD with the same problem, heard a clunking sound, trac control light came in, park brake light, won't move forward or backwards, show p215b code, revs up when put in drive or reverse, anyone have this happen and what was the problem, how do I repair it?

Were you also in 4wd on dry pavement like the op? Something gave out in the transfer case is my bet

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my 2021 Chevy 2500HD out of the dealership for this problem.  Snapped the transmission output shaft off.  Right where GM welded the speed sensor ring to output shaft.  Service advisor has seen several of these come in, breaks right at the weld.  Fortunately it was covered under extended warranty as the replacement transmission, labor, new cooler lines, and a couple minor other things was just shy of $9k repair bill.