2023 Sierra and Silverado

29 minutes ago, franktrusty said:

Well i hate that.  I like the looks of the regular cab Sierra over the regular cab F150, but not sold yet on the 2.7. 

If you can look past the "4 cylinder sounds", it makes some sweet turbo noises and is a ballsy engine.  If you haven't driven one, you should at least try one.  A full crew cab short box moves very well with it under the hood.  A regular cab should move even better.    

I took a used 2019 home from work, my 32 mile round trip I pulled 22.7mpg.  That was 65mph most of the way home, 70-75mph going to work the next morning.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, newdude said:

If you can look past the "4 cylinder sounds", it makes some sweet turbo noises and is a ballsy engine.  If you haven't driven one, you should at least try one.  A full crew cab short box moves very well with it under the hood.  A regular cab should move even better.    

I took a used 2019 home from work, my 32 mile round trip I pulled 22.7mpg.  That was 65mph most of the way home, 70-75mph going to work the next morning.  

I've driven 3 of the 2.7 crewcabs. I currently drive a supercrew f150 2.7 and it feels a lot stronger to me. The regular cab should perform a little better though...

On 5/13/2022 at 8:43 AM, franktrusty said:

I've driven 3 of the 2.7 crewcabs. I currently drive a supercrew f150 2.7 and it feels a lot stronger to me. The regular cab should perform a little better though...

A single turbo 4 cylinder is GM's, your ford is a V6 and has two turbo's.  That's why you feel a difference. 

On 5/18/2022 at 6:24 AM, sm0k14 said:

Are dealers excepting 2023 Silverado 1500 orders?

2023 is in their system. I don't know if they're accepting them yet, but I bet they'd let you build it out, and put the order in as soon as they can, if you're willing to wait.

I know it's in their system, because my dealer was on 2023 by accident. I'm ordering a Silver Ice and he told me that color is discontinued, so he was building it out in the new Sterling Gray (coming out next year). Halfway through the build, he realized he was on 2023 and when he switched back to 2022 he was able to select the Silver Ice again. This wasn't the normal sales guy, but the guy who puts the orders in to GM.

I’m also interested in a 2wd regular cab. It’s a toss up now between Ford’s base 3.3. Or Chevy’s 2.7. I know if I stay out of the turbo I’ll likely outperform expected mpg with the 2.7. I always beat epa mpg estimates. A couple things Ford has going for it is dual injection and the 10 speed transmission. I’ve heard a lot of bad stuff about the 8speed. I know that I’ll love the torque of the turbo though. 

decisions decisions. 

The GMC Dealership I ordered from now has jumped up to 20 refreshed Sierras in their inventory from just less than a handful since the start. Out of all of them only 1 was US assembled which I found interesting. The other 19 all Mexico. Wondering if some kind of transport or production issue as the US 1 had been stuck "in transit" for a month. 🤔

The US production started later than Mexico, but seems like there would be more out there by now. 

Edited by claw2791

16 hours ago, claw2791 said:

The GMC Dealership I ordered from now has jumped up to 20 refreshed Sierras in their inventory from just less than a handful since the start. Out of all of them only 1 was US assembled which I found interesting. The other 19 all Mexico. Wondering if some kind of transport or production issue as the US 1 had been stuck "in transit" for a month. 🤔

The US production started later than Mexico, but seems like there would be more out there by now. 

It seems like the Sierras have a higher percentage of 3 VINs. I've seen a couple of Denali Ultimates with 1 VINs, most SLTs and AT4s I've seen so far are 3 VIN though. The Silverados seem to have a higher percentage of 1 VINs for whatever reason. 

• Like 1