Why does the Silverado has a button for all windows down?

I call it the fart button, but wonder what warrants the Silverado having a button to get all windows down, but not up again? 

anybody knows? Seems to be an important feature since it has a separate button. What am I missing?

Ease of use if you ask me. One touch drop instead of hitting all 4 switches.

I'd use it in the summer months to get the heat out quickly. I always use my key fob to roll all 4 of windows down while I walk up to my truck when I leave work.

It’s for when you and your buddies go ice fishing and the ice cracks, and the trucks a sinking!  Bail-out boys…..😂😂

My 2019 HC has it and my wife and I have both wondered and have accidentally hit a few times   

No express up is a safety feature, along with the design of the switches. The older versions that had the express up on all windows was more of a "flat" switch, so pets and children could step on it and activate the function in either direction. Now all of your windows require to "lift/pull' up on the switch to use it. 

All up still a safety concern, even if controlled by one switch/person, can't see all windows at one time. 

A separate button? On mine, I just lean on the unlock button to open all four. Useful during hot days.

Before, leaning on the lock button would get all four windows up then somebody's head got chopped off so now you can only roll them down but not up.

Edited by Wiggums

16 hours ago, Wiggums said:

A separate button? On mine, I just lean on the unlock button to open all four. Useful during hot days.

Before, leaning on the lock button would get all four windows up then somebody's head got chopped off so now you can only roll them down but not up.

20220520_112613.jpg

21 hours ago, jlong1984 said:

On my truck, that's where the button for the running boards is. 

Interesting. Running boards replace fart emergency button. Or did it just move?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fas-T said:

Interesting. Running boards replace fart emergency button. Or did it just move?

Nope, no button on mine for the windows. Though you can roll them down by holding unlock on the key fob. My '19 SLT didn't have the window button either, and it didn't have power running boards. 

The buttons on my Denali (from left to right) are - Lane Keep Assist, Parking Sensors, Auto Start/Stop, Tailgate, Hazards, Traction Control, Bed Outlet, Hill Descent Control, and Power Running Boards).

For what it's worth, you can convert this button to lock in the stank.  Maybe it could be renamed the "hotbox button"? It makes that button function as all windows UP with WAMS/BT Diesel Works.

Cool side note, this also allows the 2 fronts to be rolled up AND down with the keyfob

i friggen loved that feature......GMC doesnt have it or mine didnt........on a hot day you can just hit all windows down, it gets hot where i live so was very nice to have.......everyones different but i thought every truck should have it