How's the ordering/delivery going? Recently found out my 2022/2023/ is now going to be a 2024? and a rumor???

16 hours ago, nards444 said:

the crappy thing about this is when you ordered your 22 vs now could be close to 7-10k up in price.  23 and 24 each got a tleast a 2500 increase in price, and onstart was added in there for 1500 somewhere

Yes, there is that, but all considered it's relative. They have added some bs I'm not interested in but there's the realistic point of - tough sht, it's how it is. I always have the choice of walking away but at this point? I've invested too much brain time to not see how it ends and rack it up to ~ that's just life, what are ya gonna do about it. If I could do something different that made me happy? ~ already be done. 

15 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

The pre-production pilot run was done about 6 wks ago. Those trucks were sent out for testing right after that. 

Thnx for the info - So what I understand, biggest change is Allison trans - sheet metal/front facelift along with interior/dash screen/interface as I understand it will be Apple or Google compatible like the 1500's I guess?  

Late spring would be cool with me so I can drive their trade in through the winter and not get salt on my new one. 

I would go to another dealer.

I ordered mine in October, it was built last week, and I'm expected to receive it in January.

I also got it out the door for $5k under MSRP ($78,000). But it's a 7.5 hour drive to the dealership from my home. The local dealers wanted to charge over MSRP. Not a chance.

I had the same issue with my Hummer reservation. I found out the dealer I reserved through intended to charge at least $10k over MSRP. I transferred my reservation to a dealer on the other side of the country that guaranteed I wouldn't pay over MSRP and would even buy me a ticket to fly to their dealership and pick it up.

Shop around.

• Like 1

I ordered mine in October, it was built last week, and I'm expected to receive it in January.

I also got it out the door for $5k under MSRP ($78,000). But it's a 7.5 hour drive to the dealership from my home. The local dealers wanted to charge over MSRP. Not a chance.

I had the same issue with my Hummer reservation. I found out the dealer I reserved through intended to charge at least $10k over MSRP. I transferred my reservation to a dealer on the other side of the country that guaranteed I wouldn't pay over MSRP and would even buy me a ticket to fly to their dealership and pick it up.

Shop around.

I gave up on even getting the substitute truck to the one I originally ordered in June (which didn't get allocation until early-September and I called out of morbid curiosity and found it's status 3000 with a target date of mid-January 2023). So today I ended up choosing an in-stock truck delivered yesterday but ordered after my June order and came in faster than the substitute still stuck in Canada that was supposed to be here two weeks ago.

Anyway, I'll pick this up on the 23rd. Not liking the black leather or the pearl white, but it was about as close as I could get to what I ordered.

image.jpg

14 hours ago, Core-Lokt said:

I gave up on even getting the substitute truck to the one I originally ordered in June (which didn't get allocation until early-September and I called out of morbid curiosity and found it's status 3000 with a target date of mid-January 2023). So today I ended up choosing an in-stock truck delivered yesterday but ordered after my June order and came in faster than the substitute still stuck in Canada that was supposed to be here two weeks ago.

Anyway, I'll pick this up on the 23rd. Not liking the black leather or the pearl white, but it was about as close as I could get to what I ordered.

image.jpg

You don’t like the exterior or interior? Why even get it? Unless you absolutely are in need. 

1 hour ago, Pryme said:

You don’t like the exterior or interior? Why even get it? Unless you absolutely are in need. 

In this case "don't like" isn't the same as "hate". They're not a deal-breaker. Just would've preferred something different because my Ram is basically the same color scheme. At least the iridescent white will be more interesting than plain white. The option content is good, though.

On 12/11/2022 at 8:53 AM, Pryme said:

You have been passed up from 21, 22, 23 and now into 24? I would never put up with that but wish you all the best. 

I agree about the allocation comment. Is your dealer small?

On 12/11/2022 at 6:54 PM, elcamino said:

I know its hard to understand but dealers are limited in how many vehicles GM will let them have.  You would think they would build all the dealer wants but that is not the case.  GM and other oems plan out production months in advance so they have to make decisions on how many they will allocate to the dealers based on prior sales records of the dealer. The allocation number will tell all dealers exactly how many trucks/suvs GM will build for them over next few months. Unfortunately, this does not prevent the dealership from pre-selling more than the earned allocation. In other words, a dealer (knowing they only have two HD's arriving within the next six months) can pre-sell 25 and simply tell the customer that the order is in. For the 23 customers who are at the bottom of the list, they are at the mercy of whatever bs story the dealer tells them regarding the production of the vehicle. Dealers are under no obligation to disclose how many of their earned allocations are spoken for when making pre-order sales, its common sales practice. As such, many dealers don’t disclose this information to the customer because if they did, you would probably walk.  No matter the vehicle you want to buy they hope to hang on to you in hopes they can sell you something else, and a lot of times that works for the dealer. 

On 12/15/2022 at 9:43 PM, Davew277 said:

Shop around.

I agree with these guys.  Your dealer is stringing you along.  I'd talk to another dealer.  There are 3500s sitting on lots.

On 12/15/2022 at 12:13 AM, Leonardo Willi said:

Yes, there is that, but all considered it's relative. They have added some bs I'm not interested in but there's the realistic point of - tough sht, it's how it is. I always have the choice of walking away but at this point? I've invested too much brain time to not see how it ends and rack it up to ~ that's just life, what are ya gonna do about it. If I could do something different that made me happy? ~ already be done. 

Thnx for the info - So what I understand, biggest change is Allison trans - sheet metal/front facelift along with interior/dash screen/interface as I understand it will be Apple or Google compatible like the 1500's I guess?  

Late spring would be cool with me so I can drive their trade in through the winter and not get salt on my new one. 

No I agree it is what it is,  you dont like it move on.  

Whats crappy though is the 23 is/was a clone of the 21,  so pay that much more is dumb

On 12/11/2022 at 5:54 AM, elcamino said:

I said this before and I'll say it again, take what salesmen tell you "with a grain of salt"  They for the most part are "professional BS artists.   If you been waiting this long it likely because the dealer does not have the earned allocations to place the order.  They probably have pre-sold more units than GM will allow them and have more customers than allocations.   Your salesman's customers make get bumped for others with more pull with management or no constraints.

EXACTLY stated

Dealer can "take an order " for you

But 

UNTIL THEY get an allocation.....GM will not take their order

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mic_ said:

EXACTLY stated

Dealer can "take an order " for you

But 

UNTIL THEY get an allocation.....GM will not take their order

Right. I didn't get my allocation until the second week after the order was placed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 8:45 PM, Davew277 said:

Shop around.

Update: The dealer informed me today that the truck has shipped and has an ETA of 01/13/23. The order was placed on 10/04/22.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's January and here's where things stand today! And who knows, maybe some bloodhound salesman out there, or one of you knows someone who pulls off miracles` hint, hint

So here's how it usually goes. I ran into a buddy, he asked "Hey man, get that new truck yet?" "Well, no I haven't and it's not looking any brighter" "Well that's bullshit, here, call this guy" so I get a number. I call, we chat, say's "let me talk to my boss and I'll get back to you". I just explained I ordered a RCab/LB gasser in Aug 21, still no truck, no order and bits of information explaining what they know and are being told (from the GM rep in his bi, or monthly visit for review). They tell me my name/order is at the top of the page every time and the first one talked about. My order is in que, they have allocation, it's not picked up and that's where the GM rep starts his excuses of "Well we got you this and we got you that" bullshit routine - I know how it goes, been there listening to what I call "Artful Dodgers" to continue -  I said it's like this, you know what I'm looking for, go find it or at least backup what my dealer has been telling me and I have no reason to believe they've been anything but truthful with me". And so the guy said he'll look into it.

But with my dealer, we have a good relationship and I've explained that I do the same thing but with a different manufacturer in a completely different field - mine being an actual field, as in farming, as in big green stuff. So I get it, I go through the same damn thing. But I've realized, that's not exactly true because I can ask a question and get an answer not a "we don't really know and bla bla bla.... " Makes me wonder why those guys with GM even have a job, they're worthless other than a buffer to get dumped on so those at the next tier don't have to deal with it. That's really all it is. 

So this salesman calls me back. He said, OK, I found this and this - which I already knew about because my gal found them and sent them to me. Wasn't interested because too many deal breakers with the config. Then he tells me, Well, they are giving you the info and really it is legit because we couldn't do anything different right now and we're being told the same stuff. For the record, these dealers are in different states and different territories. I did learn a little bit more detail from him on ordering and that is this, if your order has been accepted on a 2023MY, it will be built. If not, not getting a 23 and roll over to 2024 and do it again - GM order opening for MY2024 HD's will be open in Jan, couple more weeks. Currently, production is being run on fleet orders that have been sitting for 2 or more years and that will be the end of the 2023MY production along with those who have orders already picked up. 

So as it stands, I have broadened my options to include a dbl cab/LT or LTZ LB - and 2 colors, the cherry tint red I wanted all along, or the black. but there's more! I also have the same type config on order in a GMC. How much more accommodating can I get! .

So every bit of $10k more than where I started, and they still said "we're not sure, might be the same thing no matter what" .... and I'm like fk me  ~ What's a guy to do HAHAHA! I can only sit back, look at this objectively and say 'this sht blows my freakin mind"   and I'm on my 4th and final scotch of the evening that's turned into morning and I felt chatty LOL! 

Best to all out there and I appreciate any input ~ especially "Hey, I know where there's this truck just like you want" ~ I actually used google maps - searched "Chevrolet dealer" and click over all kinds of cities from NY to Fl and not a damn thing close - unless I wanted a Duramax  and I'm not doing it.  Wife was ready to jump on a denali, but it was a diesel and I said hell no. 

OK, I'm done, thankfully no one will get this far HAHA!