Time for new tires

I have a 2020 2500hd 33k mi. Which tires are you guys using? What is your recommendations? 

Truck is completely stock.

LTZ Z71

20" wheels

Tow a 8k lb trailer

Not to happy with the original Goodyear.  How many miles did you get on original tires?

33k miles seems to low for tire replacement 

Thanks

3 hours ago, BB&Chiveon said:

I have 44k on stock Goodyears and just hitting wear bars. Getting Toyo open country at 3 this week. Hated bf ko on last duramax

I had very good results with BKGs KOs. Bought my last set in 2014. Saying that my go to work boots were red wings. They were extremely comfortable from brand new. That was until my last pair. They were horrible. I ended up wearing the last pair before those for one more year until retirement. I guess that could happen with tires too.

On 5/28/2023 at 3:04 PM, KARNUT said:

I had very good results with BKGs KOs. Bought my last set in 2014. Saying that my go to work boots were red wings. They were extremely comfortable from brand new. That was until my last pair. They were horrible. I ended up wearing the last pair before those for one more year until retirement. I guess that could happen with tires too.

My stock tires are Michelins. 

I love all my redwings. I will only buy the made in USA ones though. Lots of Chinese ones nowadays. 

• Like 1

If you towed a lot, getting 33k miles is pretty good on the OEM tires. I know many guys that do hauling and if their truck didn't come with 19.5's like on a F450, Ram 4500 etc etc, they are only getting 30-45k miles on the rear tires.

Michelin Defenders

Toyo Open country

Hankook Dynapro XT

If you can get them, BFG has a new HD Terrian I believe. Though the last two tires I listed could be louder because of the offroad design they have.

Unless all you do is freeway driving with almost no towing you'll still be in that 40-50k miles for tires. A set of michelins on a pavement pounder could last 60K+.

Am I the only one that loves the stock Goodyears?  They are so quiet, ride like a dream.  I don't expect them to last forever but when they are done I'm thinking I'm going to put on the exact same tire again.  I feel so alone...so sad...Does anyone have a 1-800 number I can call for some emotional support?  

Edited by Jettech1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Jettech1 said:

Am I the only one that loves the stock Goodyears?  They are so quiet, ride like a dream.  I don't expect them to last forever but when they are done I'm thinking I'm going to put on the exact same tire again.  I feel so alone...so sad...Does anyone have a 1-800 number I can call for some emotional support?  

1-800-950-NAMI (6264)

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2023 at 9:34 PM, CamGTP said:

Unless all you do is freeway driving with almost no towing you'll still be in that 40-50k miles for tires. A set of michelins on a pavement pounder could last 60K+.

There are hotshot drivers getting 100-120K out of a set of 6 Defenders on their dually trucks.  Seen their testimonies in comments section on TireRack and on youtube.

Defenders will surprise a man with how well they perform off-road.  

Thanks to all that responded. 

I don't tow much, maybe 2k miles per year. My front tires are at 4/32snd and rear tires are 5/32snd. Pretty much at wear bar. I mostly do city driving.  Just kinda surprise that these tires lasted so little.  I had other trucks before, usually got 55k miles out of a set of tires.

Goodyear's suck. Lucky you got that many miles out of them.  I took the factory Michelin's off of mine at about 12,000 miles, they slipped too easy especially on wet grass.  Went with pirelli scorpion at's special ordered from Sam's.  Been pretty impressed with them so far.  I was going to go with a nexen tire, but couldn't get the ones I wanted in my tire size.

On 5/29/2023 at 9:56 PM, ssgballistics said:

I’ve had good luck with the Cooper at3 XLT’s. Dad has currently has a set on his 21’ 2500HD CCSB Duramax. He is really liking them as well. 

Yes, this or regular AT3.