Jump to content

Idiot


KARNUT

Recommended Posts

Well I lost my temper with my grandson last night. He called me about a flat on his mother’s CRV. He was using it for his job delivering pizza. Of course I’ve shown him several times the deal on changing flats. Several times. The reason I called him an idiot wasn’t that reason. He preceded to tell me a week ago he hit a large pot hole delivering pizza. Since then he’s been adding air. That’s not why I called him an idiot per se. Although I was getting annoyed by this time. One block from the pizza shop is discount tire. They probably passed it several times since the pothole hit. The tires have road hazard. There would be no cost. After I cooled off and told him generally he wasn’t an idiot. The rim could be damaged as well the tire which obviously is. This obviously is a situation where a seemingly little thing could cost you your life. The call to me should have been when you hit the pot hole. So later I text him to get an update. So the idiot drove it to a gas station put air in it. He drives it back home. Gets his sisters car to deliver pizza. Yes he has a car. The AC doesn’t work. We are doomed.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The easy way seems to be the best way. 

My granddaughters boyfriend has been driving my son nuts with the same type of ignorance, car things. Remember my sons been a mechanic for a long time, he has told the boyfriend to figure it out because you don't listen to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This generation just doesn't get it! They can tell you everything about video games but nothing about anything that matters! My wife and I never had kids but I have lots of nephews that are 40years old and have to ask there mom and dad every move. 

God help us!

Edited by Likarok
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Well I lost my temper with my grandson last night. He called me about a flat on his mother’s CRV. He was using it for his job delivering pizza. Of course I’ve shown him several times the deal on changing flats. Several times. The reason I called him an idiot wasn’t that reason. He preceded to tell me a week ago he hit a large pot hole delivering pizza. Since then he’s been adding air. That’s not why I called him an idiot per se. Although I was getting annoyed by this time. One block from the pizza shop is discount tire. They probably passed it several times since the pothole hit. The tires have road hazard. There would be no cost. After I cooled off and told him generally he wasn’t an idiot. The rim could be damaged as well the tire which obviously is. This obviously is a situation where a seemingly little thing could cost you your life. The call to me should have been when you hit the pot hole. So later I text him to get an update. So the idiot drove it to a gas station put air in it. He drives it back home. Gets his sisters car to deliver pizza. Yes he has a car. The AC doesn’t work. We are doomed.

 

May not be damaged. Might be it just unseated the bead. Alloy wheels? Corrosion at the bead? :dunno: Yea, could be a dented rim and tire too. :( 

 

That last part deserves a :idiot:

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nail in the tire. Road hazard on new tire 30$. The tires I put on that car when I had it were expensive, so a good deal. No damage from pot hole.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol go look on reddit to see why your grandson is the way he is. I dont hold much of any hope for the future of this country, those under 30 right now lmao..........

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 years ago when we helped our daughter get their house I gave them my self propel mower. It was an expensive snapper high wheel mower. We originally wanted them to get a condo so they didn’t have to do yard work. They of course promised they would keep up with the yard. The backyard has a drip system with their aerobic septic. It gets water at the roots daily. It’s green and lush growing like crazy. It needs to be maintained to make the aerobic system work properly. The first time l saw the lawn it was up to my knees. He claimed he couldn’t get the mower started. This over 60 year old guy started it with one pull. And I mowed the yard. I mowed center out to get the grass clippings to the edge. It was a job. 5 years later she has a lawn service. She was complaining to me last week their rates went up. I told her if she wasn’t charging her son rent at 24 years old, she’s the blame. I charged my son the summer after high school graduation when he decided not to go to college. The new Camaro I bought him for college I took back also. I actually traded my 94 impala ss for it. So I was a little tick off at him. He learned real quick. So knows she was there. She’s not doing him any favors. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

dang, that’s frustrating. Good on you for helping out even when you were annoyed. Maybe next time he’ll think twice before ignoring car issues. Does he know basic car maintenance stuff? Could be worth teaching him if not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wassupdoc said:

dang, that’s frustrating. Good on you for helping out even when you were annoyed. Maybe next time he’ll think twice before ignoring car issues. Does he know basic car maintenance stuff? Could be worth teaching him if not.

He just doesn’t care. His grandfather, me always had classic cars he was messing with. There were times the family lived with me or in my rent house at the back of the property. He like many youth have computers or hand held games for entertainment. If we wanted entertainment we had to go somewhere for it. He doesn’t have any drive. He’s happy to do just enough. He’s actually a great person, just no drive. The whole time he was growing up he’d always say he didn’t want to grow up. Opposite of most people.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, asilverblazer said:

This thread smells strongly of boomers... 😁

Ok reddit johny 😆, boomers by the way are my dads generation who are now in their late 70's and 80's, can you zoomers get it right for a change, we are gen x, the creators and the responsible generation for this mess today!🤣 Well Gen-x parents anyways as i have no kids, i am guilt free here....👍

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Ok reddit johny 😆, boomers by the way are my dads generation who are now in their late 70's and 80's, can you zoomers get it right for a change, we are gen x, the creators and the responsible generation for this mess today!🤣 Well Gen-x parents anyways as i have no kids, i am guilt free here....👍

Actually it’s the guilt generation near the end of boomers. Both parents started working and farming out their kids to daycare and early school. To compensate kid activities became mainstream corporal punishment waned from peer pressure. When kids started acting up they shoved devices at them and instant gratification became the norm. So now we expect them to work for what they want. As we the boomers have learned it takes decades. The little buggers have been conditioned that everything comes instantly. All because mommy couldn’t wait till at least the kids were in school before going to work. They just had to have that new car, big house and take out food. Harsh but it’s the truth.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember in my senior year of high school, the school Principal at assembly saying they were ending 'corporal punishment' and me at 17 thinking...."Well that dog won't hunt," and it didn't. They also got rid of the dress code. That dog didn't hunt either. Then they got rid of the schedule and requirement to actually be in class. OMG what chaos. College life to pimple faced children. On the plus side, a simple calculator you buy today for a buck at checkout cost like $600 so no one had one and the Internet was not yet a thing. Happy times. :crackup:Baseball played in our backyard, not on screen. 😱

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.