2014+ Suspension Lifts

56 minutes ago, AgDoctor said:

I have the Zone Nitros as well, but I think they are quite stiff. How do the Fox shocks compare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm not sure yet, i'm hoping to install them thursday. 

I have the Zone Nitros as well, but I think they are quite stiff. How do the Fox shocks compare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the Fox’s in today. Big improvement. The ride is more plush, but still firm.

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys
  • Like 1

I have been in and out of this form and a few others so I thought I’d post an update.. 

i ended up going with the SuspensionMaxx 2.5” level in the front for now.. I intended on using my stock 22’s.. however, I came across a sweet deal on new Mayhem wheels and new rubber.. I couldn’t say no! Lol

here she is now.. very excited with how it turned out! The brackets for the Magride make it ride basically the same as before! 

854F16C2-CC12-4AD3-B469-FB7938B94AC6.jpeg

A3A37F99-7901-4975-8037-650DF132D2C8.jpeg

7521A7A8-B16A-408E-9C5A-0000AB094165.jpeg

Edited by Cali315
  • Like 1

Anyone here of levels or lifts doing damage to the magnaride shocks/struts? I have 2.5 level on the front & notice one of the struts leaking. What is the life expectancy of the magnaride struts? I bought this truck used and it looked like the previous owner didn’t appreciate what they had. Leary about installing a 6 inch lift with this magnaride system. 2 front struts are gonna set me back $725.00

On 3/29/2018 at 10:00 AM, Cali315 said:

thank you very much for the insight and experience! its tough, i am slightly worried about it but at the same time i really want a lift.. would staying in the 33inch range be any better? i mean being on 22inch wheels there wont be much rubber to them at all.. probably same with the 35's.. 

on another note, the only companies i can find are BDS and Rough Country that do the magneride lift kits dor the Denali`s.. does anyone know of anything else? i like BDS for the quality i keep hearing about, the warranty and the fact they keep your angles pretty close to stock.. rough country i keep hearing they throw your angles all out of whack.. and the quality isnt the best.. from what i can find, if i dont go with the 6inch BDS im basically stuck with Rough Country and their 5inch lift!

thank you again! i really appreciate the help!!!

Fabtech gen 2 kits seem to be a nice kit for the Denali they say it will not increase front track width. Ck out there website

Looking for a little help here. I got myself a 2016 Sierra 1500 a while back I finally have the time to start lifting the ol' girl. I was looking at a rough country 3.5" suspension lift. However they also have kits that include the upper control arm or the knuckles. How would i know which is the best fit for my truck? Do I realistically need the kits with the control arm or knuckles? 

Looking for a little help here. I got myself a 2016 Sierra 1500 a while back I finally have the time to start lifting the ol' girl. I was looking at a rough country 3.5" suspension lift. However they also have kits that include the upper control arm or the knuckles. How would i know which is the best fit for my truck? Do I realistically need the kits with the control arm or knuckles? 

The RCX 3.5 kit is GARBAGE. It’s a glorified leveling kit. It rides like shit and leaves bad angles on your TREs and lower BJs. Look at the BDS 4, Zone 4.5 or RCX 5

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

Well gents, it FINALLY got done! 6" BDS lift, with full replacement leaf pack (still on stock rear block), 18x10 -19 offset Ion wheels matte black with 305/60/18 Micky Thompson Baja ATZ P3. These are some of my first pics, truck wasn't cleaned by the shop which was a bit of a bummer, but didn't matter much as I got 'er muddy already at work!

Some notes bout track width, often talked about in this thread (by no means do I claim perfect measurement technique, but I did use levels and such and tried to get it right):

-I measured both compared to fender walls and actual track width, front and rear, before the lift (I can't quite say "stock" because this truck came to me with High country wheels, 20x9 +27, and my understanding is that 18x9 +31 was actually stock) and after.
-Compared to the fenders there was already a 1" difference from front to rear, front being wider/rear tucked under more

-Actual track width was 1.25" wider in front before lift. Fenders were at 37" front height, 38" rear height.

-After lift, I measured the front sticking out 1.875" further than the rear (from fenders)

-Actual track width after lift about 3.5" wider in front than rear. Fenders now at 43.75 and 43.25 front and rear (slight squat)

SO, based on my experience I would say the usual line that the BDS kit PUSHES track width out 1.5" per side isn't quite right (my track width went from 1.25" wider to 3.5" wider in front than rear, so just over 1" per side), however, it does push and combined with the initial difference in track width puts you in the 1.5" to 2" range (per side) depending how you measure it. I did take some pics/video of the 'stock' track width difference too, in case you think I'm full of sh.. I'm not saying you're wrong about that, just that I have some proof in this case. And I somehow didn't get the best angle on it but I took the one pic with my level sitting 2" outside the rear sidewall to try to illustrate. I'm going to get spacers to even that out, just trying to decide between 1.5", 1.75", or 2", since I'm sitting at 1.875" difference compared to fenders, but only 1.75" of track width different. I doubt any one would ever notice the difference from the front either direction, but I overthink everything (if you hadn't realized yet by reading this book of a post).

Finally, the Titan in the one pic is my old truck. Funny thing is being the 'off-road edition', it sat about 3" above the stock height of the Chevy, so I'm not that much taller than it now. The look of the new one is MUCH more aggressive though (read: AWESOME)! I do apologize for the long post, just giddy as a school girl right now and wanted to share as much info as I reasonably could.

with titan.jpg

rear muddy.jpg

rear track width.jpg

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, jballs15157 said:

2017 GMC

6" BDS w/ rear block

Fox Shocks

Toyo AT 35x12.5s

Stock 20's

20171011_130622.thumb.jpg.003c3b27c2d920ec0e165ac337016936.jpg20171011_130654.thumb.jpg.1aaf6b5f1ea669cd78a766023dcb54b5.jpg20171011_130632.thumb.jpg.9be1222d0a0ef8b2e3a50c3e3dc088cc.jpg20171011_130710.thumb.jpg.bcbdf6ac1574b1689d7ac1a543285685.jpg

Now that is what I’m going for! Nice rig! And no issues?

Anyone know if levels or lifts would put additional stress on the magnaride struts & shocks? I have a 2.5 level kit and notice one of my front struts leaking. Planning a 6 inch lift soon but have to buy new front struts first, and I hate to think the lift will put strain on them & cause them to leak again. Any Denali guys out there to give input 

That's a nice looking truck!  I didn't care for my polished chrome 20's that came on my Chevy, but your setup on that GMC looks just right.

Edited by Slabsides45

Thanks for the compliments, it came out exactly how I wanted it.

I did have to use spacers with the stock wheels to avoid the lower control arms.

BORA 1 1/4" up front and BORA 1 1/2" in back to keep everything pretty even.

I do rub a little at full lock on uneven surfaces but nothing to be worried about.