2014+ Suspension Lifts

Has anyone had a problem with their steering rack & pinion since installing a lift kit?

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/182227-2015-silverado-rack-pinion/

If im not mistaking and its under warranty most dealerships or lift companies will replace this. ie BDS, Zone, Pro Comp sorry these are the only ones I know of if somehow the dealership snakes there way out of repair, they step in. Isnt this how they work. This is one reason why ive been looking between BDS and Zone myself.

Edited by Csjumper2003

I have a question for all of you lift kit/truck veterans. If you dont feel like reading my long ramble skip to the last paragraph to get to the point (I wont judge). I've just got my first truck, its a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500. Here are some specs for future reference in helping me with my questions:

• 2015 Sierra 1500
  • Double Cab
  • 5.3L v8 (eco? not sure exact name but it switches to v4 to save fuel)
  • 3.42 stock gears

I bought the truck stock, and first thing I did was begin researching lifts etc. After months of researching and becoming a little more familiar with the options of lift kits, I decided to go with a 6" pro comp lift with rear pro runner shocks. I then also purchased 20x9 wheels, and 35x12.50 tires. I love the stance of the truck, and it was exactly what I wanted in the beginning. Now here's where it gets tricky, I recently started back at my university a few weeks after I got the lift put on my truck (I got it put on during the december break between semesters). My school requires me to park in a parking garage, which have clearance signs for 8'. I can make 8' but as soon as I entered the garage it seems to drop, not sure if it because of uneven ground or what, but moral of the story is I can not make it into the parking garages. Luckily I was cautious and was able to stop before I turned my new truck into a convertible.

So back to the question. Are there any options for me to change my lift kit to 4" just for the extra clearance room? I was exploring options online, but I am just not seasoned or nearly knowledgeable enough to know exactly what my options are at this point. Is it possible to install air bags and be able to drop my truck a few inches before I enter the parking garages? Can I adjust my current shocks for a lower stance, or purchase new shocks?

Any and all suggestions/comments are welcome. I love learning and look forward to hearing everyone's opinions.

Thanks!

I have a question for all of you lift kit/truck veterans. If you dont feel like reading my long ramble skip to the last paragraph to get to the point (I wont judge). I've just got my first truck, its a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500. Here are some specs for future reference in helping me with my questions:

• 2015 Sierra 1500
  • Double Cab
  • 5.3L v8 (eco? not sure exact name but it switches to v4 to save fuel)
  • 3.42 stock gears
I bought the truck stock, and first thing I did was begin researching lifts etc. After months of researching and becoming a little more familiar with the options of lift kits, I decided to go with a 6" pro comp lift with rear pro runner shocks. I then also purchased 20x9 wheels, and 35x12.50 tires. I love the stance of the truck, and it was exactly what I wanted in the beginning. Now here's where it gets tricky, I recently started back at my university a few weeks after I got the lift put on my truck (I got it put on during the december break between semesters). My school requires me to park in a parking garage, which have clearance signs for 8'. I can make 8' but as soon as I entered the garage it seems to drop, not sure if it because of uneven ground or what, but moral of the story is I can not make it into the parking garages. Luckily I was cautious and was able to stop before I turned my new truck into a convertible.

So back to the question. Are there any options for me to change my lift kit to 4" just for the extra clearance room? I was exploring options online, but I am just not seasoned or nearly knowledgeable enough to know exactly what my options are at this point. Is it possible to install air bags and be able to drop my truck a few inches before I enter the parking garages? Can I adjust my current shocks for a lower stance, or purchase new shocks?

Any and all suggestions/comments are welcome. I love learning and look forward to hearing everyone's opinions.

Thanks!

How many inches do you need to clear the roof? You could find a set of 33" tires to run while at college and keep 35s for summer and not have to mess with suspension. An aggressive 33 might not look too bad.