HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

It is located between the battery terminal connection and the relay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The inline fuse is on the hid wiring harness that connects directly to the battery for power.

Thank you, I kinda figured that's where it would be but just had to make sure. I ordered the relay for my HID kit and thanks to everybody's information I should have everything I need and hopefully everything will go well when I install it.

I have read the entire HID thread and there are so many different opinions. I have a 2014 Sierra SLT and want HID. Can you let me know if I have the right items to have HID's without the headaches? 9012 Morimoto HID Elite system( 3 five dap ballast, 9012 4300k bulbs 3 five dap, Canbus 9012,) plus I added the 9012 HD Morimoto Relay. Am I missing anything? Also do these new HID ballast cause radio static interference? 9 yrs ago I tried Ebay HID kit and my radio reception sucked and the ballast kept blowing with the auto headlights.
http://www.theretrof.../checkout/cart/

Hey guys, I guess I'm confused about the issue with putting the Yukon HIDs into the Sierra.

I have a Silverado and I thought it would be a great idea to swap out for the new Tahoe LTZ HID lights. I figured they would be the closest thing to our headlights as far as compatibility?

Hey guys, I guess I'm confused about the issue with putting the Yukon HIDs into the Sierra.

I have a Silverado and I thought it would be a great idea to swap out for the new Tahoe LTZ HID lights. I figured they would be the closest thing to our headlights as far as compatibility?

I do not believed that anyone so far put yukon hid into a sierra yet. What are you referring to when you say "yukon hid"? As for the silverado 2014, no one has mentioned that they swapped out a tahoe ltz hid lights into a silverado yet? Do you KNOW if a tahoe ltz hid lights are compatible with the silverado?

If you have a silvy just retro a new projector into there. From the results I've seen on here and outside of this forum, you'd be happier with the new projector and HIDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not believed that anyone so far put yukon hid into a sierra yet. What are you referring to when you say "yukon hid"? As for the silverado 2014, no one has mentioned that they swapped out a tahoe ltz hid lights into a silverado yet? Do you KNOW if a tahoe ltz hid lights are compatible with the silverado?

I meant the Yukon Denali HIDs (OEM). There was a previous post in this thread about this. Also unfortunately, I am not sure the new Tahoe LTZ hid lights are compatible with the Silverado. Just hopeful thinking at this point.

Edited by ajheiman27

I am looking for a professional retrofitter to install this for me... tried to contact the guy in Lakeland but no response. Anyone know anything about the guys in Dallas, it looks like I may be moving there next month for work.

I am looking for a professional retrofitter to install this for me... tried to contact the guy in Lakeland but no response. Anyone know anything about the guys in Dallas, it looks like I may be moving there next month for work.

Did you use the dealer locator on TRS? No disrespect to Ben, as his is a generous offer. But I'd pick the most respected installer and ship them 2 day air to wherever they are. Unfortunately, many so-called professionals are part time home garage mechanics in this business, probably due to the fact that the volume of retrofits is just not consistent. Find a real business that guarantees their work. Some of the disclaimers I read on "professional" retrofitter sites would deter me from having them wash my truck, let alone hack into $1200 worth of my headlights. Basically, some of them take no responsibility whatsoever for anything.

Find a well respected one and use your credit card to pay so you have some recourse for dispute resolution.

Edited by spurshot
  • Like 1

Give it a try on your own if you have a silverado...you be surprise how easy it is once you do one light.

Did you use the dealer locator on TRS? No disrespect to Ben, as his is a generous offer. But I'd pick the most respected installer and ship them 2 day air to wherever they are. Unfortunately, many so-called professionals are part time home garage mechanics in this business, probably due to the fact that the volume of retrofits is just not consistent. Find a real business that guarantees their work. Some of the disclaimers I read on "professional" retrofitter sites would deter me from having them wash my truck, let alone hack into $1200 worth of my headlights. Basically, some of them take no responsibility whatsoever for anything.

Find a well respected one and use your credit card to pay so you have some recourse for dispute resolution.

Some of us will not " try to do a project no matter what the difficultly it presents, and there r others who will do it and give it there best shot. and hope for the best outcome no matter what the project is" As we can see, we know who those are.The headlights are not a inexpensive item, but make a CHOICE,

$560 for a pair of anzo headlights...probably better than oem, but not as good as FXRs...right on Ben!

• Like 1

Some of us will not " try to do a project no matter what the difficultly it presents, and there r others who will do it and give it there best shot. and hope for the best outcome no matter what the project is" As we can see, we know who those are.The headlights are not a inexpensive item, but make a CHOICE,

$560 for a pair of anzo headlights...probably better than oem, but not as good as FXRs...right on Ben!

For me, it isn't the "difficulty" that gives me pause. I've stripped cars completely down to a shell, rebuilt engines, transmissions, diffs, body and paint work, etc.. But, I use my truck for my daily 40 mile a day commuter as well as for long road trips across the country and back-country off-roading. Reliability is a THE top consideration for me on any mod I do. I have been standing on the side of the road between BF Egypt and no-where with the hood up enough times that I consider what modifications I do very carefully and who does them. I googled HID retrofit reviews and found some pretty ugly stuff. Shelling out $1200 for a set of headlights wouldn't change my life one way or another nor cause any hardship. However, I know it's different for others. My concern is that it could ruin my much valued hunting and vacation trips if a serious problem occurred during one of them. I don't have much patience for things that don't work as advertised.

Edited by spurshot

It is pretty easy if you have a little patience. if you don't mind paying someone and they can warranty the works. I'd say go for it...

As for me, I'm just trying to help and you don't have to go with me" just do a little searching and I'm sure you can find a shop that can do it for your piece of mind.. :)

I did about 10 set of headlights so far. 6 of them are my own vehicle and 4 of them are friends... Been well over 5 years and none of them have problems or moisture issue..

Like I said, if you take a little time and patience. You can do it just fine... ;)

Here is my 350z with Iron man mod and STI clear lenses on Stock HID projector

IMG_9967.jpg

IMG_9966.jpg

IMG_9959.jpg

IMG_9957.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Have more of other Vehicles, but I can't find the pics right now..

• Like 2