2014+ Leveling Kits

What psi are you guys running with stock P rated wranglers? I noticed my dealer filled my tires up to 40psi. The door says 32 so I lowered them to 32 and it rides a bit better.

35psi all around for me. just the way I got them from the dealer.

I run 50psi of nitro

My Current Setup,2014 Silverado 2LT Z71,RCX 2.5 Level Kit,NittoTerra 33x12.50R20Lt's,Fuel - Octane D509 20x9 -12 Offset,All Chrome Plasti-Diped

My Up Coming Mod's,McGhauphy's 7"-9" Economy Lift Kit,Federal Couragia M/T's 35x12.50R20Lt's,OEM Tow Mirror's,Bushwaker OE Fender Flairs,Gtr Lighting Led Conversion Kit's 2,200 Lumen(High,Low,Fog),Black Spyder Venom Bull Bar,Iron Cross HD Step's.

This truck looks perfect to me! Could you tell me the exact tire size?

They are 35x12.5xR20LT.....exactly. :D Wheels are stock 20" chrome.

Here is a link to the ones I have, I didn't get them at 4wheelparts though.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/35x12-50R20LT-Open-Country-M-T.aspx?t_c=13&t_s=160&t_pt=100825&t_pn=TOY360240

They rub and they definitely drink the gas. I wouldn't recommend running them unless your willing to get a programmer too to adjust your ECU for the larger tires.

They will cost you even more in MPG if you don't reprogram, and the reprogram could cause you problems with warranty if you have major power train issues before your warranty expires. Just some food for thought. I weighed the risks and I wanted to do it anyway.

I JUST got my tire size dialed in last night so I haven't had a chance to see what my actual MPG is yet, so we'll see. So far with the size slightly off I'm averaging 14.8 MPG and I drive 50 miles a day commute all highway some stop and go traffic in the afternoon.

Air dam and running boards removed.

IMG_1476_zpsf60tlvpm.jpgIMG_1477_zpsulp47qgq.jpgIMG_1478_zpsupxuioqw.jpg

What's the part number for the insert you have where the license plate goes, and how much did you get it for? Looks NICE! I'm thinking about doing that and putting a light bar in the slot above.

i searched and couldn't find the answer...I'm looking to install either a 2" or 2.5" leveling kit and i also wanted to upgrade the shocks. I am aware of the Bilstein 5100's and 4600's and i am thinking the 4600 would be best because the truck would be leveled with the kit. Does anyone know if the 4600's would work for what i want? or another suggestions based on what i am looking to do.

Thanks in advance

i searched and couldn't find the answer...I'm looking to install either a 2" or 2.5" leveling kit and i also wanted to upgrade the shocks. I am aware of the Bilstein 5100's and 4600's and i am thinking the 4600 would be best because the truck would be leveled with the kit. Does anyone know if the 4600's would work for what i want? or another suggestions based on what i am looking to do.

Thanks in advance

I don't see the point in buying new shocks if your planning on running a spacer kit. The 5100s are meant for leveling the truck. Your talking about spending 70-150$ more than you have to for a spacer kit plus new shocks. The Shocks are meant to be used to level the truck without limiting suspension travel like a spacer. Plus they ride great on 1.85.

I thought 1.85 wouldn't be enough but I was very wrong. It damn near looks like it's squatting at some angles. I can't imagine what the guys trucks with 2.5 front level looks like to me. I'm sitting at 38.5 front and 39.5 back pretty much

Edited by 5RWill

It probably looks like 39.5 in the front and 39.5 in the back.

:dunno:

lol fair point, i imagine it would look like it was squatting. Just glancing at mine sometimes looks like the front end is higher than the rear. Really depends on the amount of factory rake you have. I thought i would see a noticeable amount of rake with 1", but i can hardly tell honestly.

Well, I have gone and pulled out my level kit. I don't know what it was but it rode like crap. Maybe its because my ranchos have 74,000km on them and they're just too dead to handle that extra stress from the leveling block. I am either going to buy a set of used black stock shocks or upgrade to rancho quick lifts.

lol fair point, i imagine it would look like it was squatting. Just glancing at mine sometimes looks like the front end is higher than the rear. Really depends on the amount of factory rake you have. I thought i would see a noticeable amount of rake with 1", but i can hardly tell honestly.

These trucks are designed funny, even though the fenders are level from ground to fender lip, the truck is not level. I bet if you measured from ground to frame at the front and back of the truck it would be nose high.

Edited by projectsummit

Well ist my turn to show off what I have done to my truck because of this forum. Thanks to all that have provide help to those that needed it.

I installed Bilstein 5100's with the fronts at the .75 setting and add 1" leveling blocks. Lifetime alignment at Firestone

First pic is before and a clean truck. Second pic is after and a dirty truck. Front is 38" high and rear is 39.5" high

Josh

USCG Retired

Support Search and Rescue................Get lost

post-138767-0-55101500-1426974026_thumb.jpg

• Like 2