2014+ Leveling Kits

I installed my bottom spacer 1.5" level kit yesterday and I find the ride is very rough. Not sure why, I thought these spacers weren't supposed to affect ride quality, but it definetly hits the little bumps in the road a lot harder now. I think I may be going with the rancho qiicklifts sooner than I expected and setting them at a lower setting. Everyone else says they can't tell a difference in ride, either theyre not as picky as me or they're lying to themselves in my opinionm unless there's a chance I installed something wrong. All I did was loosen the sway bar and pry the shocks up to fit the spacer under.

I installed my bottom spacer 1.5" level kit yesterday and I find the ride is very rough. Not sure why, I thought these spacers weren't supposed to affect ride quality, but it definetly hits the little bumps in the road a lot harder now. I think I may be going with the rancho qiicklifts sooner than I expected and setting them at a lower setting. Everyone else says they can't tell a difference in ride, either theyre not as picky as me or they're lying to themselves in my opinionm unless there's a chance I installed something wrong. All I did was loosen the sway bar and pry the shocks up to fit the spacer under.

What tires do you have?

I have the RC 2.5 level and can DEFINITELY tell a difference in ride quality. It doesn't help I'm running 20" wheels and 295 55 20. There's not much absortion[sic].

That's the problem with all 20's... They look nice, but ride quality is greatly diminished.

• Like 1

To me, it's not the 20's at fault. It's a combination of tire choice /size and stock suspension. I've ridden in lifted trucks with 22" & 24" that rode alot better than my setup. They had some serious money tied up in suspension/coilover.

I think 20s are too big IMHO, 18-17 is more my preference. I've read several complaints of a stiffer ride with spacer kits, and have felt the difference in my brothers truck. Granted he has the regular oem Chevy shocks, after his 2" spacer his truck road much worse. I read and read and read, and decided i would either do shocks or just go all out and do coilovers. I went with Bilsteins and granted it cost me 700$ (shocks + install) vs 350-400$ (RC 2.5 + install) i'm very satisfied. Had i had the money i would've grabbed some dirt logic coilovers, for a 2" lift.

Though i think some of depends on the shock/spacer combo. I don't find that my cousin's 09 sierra with 295/70/17 Toyo MT and a 2.5" RC level rides that rough. My brothers however does.

• Like 1

After doing some reading, I think I may have installed my sway bar end links too tight. Apparently you are only supposed to tighten them until the bushing starts to squish, I tightened them until I couldn't tighten them anymore. I'm going to try loosening mine off, but for $20 for two new moog sway bar links I think I may just buy a couple new ones. Seeing how my truck has 74,000km on it and the bushing are pretty smooshed.

• Like 1

Anyone running 2.5 level with 18 fuel maverick on 33s with toyo open country or cooper stt or federals? Or something really similar to that? Pictures would be a greatly appreciated

AZleveled (can't remember full name) is running Fuel Maverick 20s, 295/55/20 Open Country MTs and 2.5 Level Front only.

See this is the problem lol. You can't have people that say there's no difference in ride quality at all, and then have people who say there's a definite difference. I don't like those odds.

I'm going to return my Zone 2" level, or sell it locally. I think I'll just stay stock until I can do it right.

I had a feeling a 60$ level kit was too good to be true.