2014+ Leveling Kits

I installed a 2" level and some 275/60/20s on mine and I can't tell a difference in ride quality at all. But I stayed with a 4 ply tire not a 10 ply

This is the exact set up I'm looking to get. Would you mind posting up some pics if you get a chance?

Also just wondering what leveling kit and tires you installed?

This is the exact set up I'm looking to get. Would you mind posting up some pics if you get a chance?

Also just wondering what leveling kit and tires you installed?

I did this as well. Running the 2" rough country with 275-60-20 Toyo Open Country AT2's. Great tire so far. I think I am going to upfrade to 285-55-20 or 295-55-20, the 275-60's are a little too skinny for my liking.

AZGMCZ71Leveled I'm pretty sure is the handle.

They are 20s with 33s worth the look. But aren't 18s

AZGMCZ71Leveled I'm pretty sure is the handle.

They are 20s with 33s worth the look. But aren't 18s

I have a Z71 Double Cab, with the "factory" 20" Aluminum Wheels, and I have the "Ready Lift" 2.25" levelling kit, and I didn't notice any difference in the ride quality with or without the level kit. I have not ridden in a similar 2014 with smaller tires, so I don't know what the ride quality would be in that case.

I would expect that the smaller tires, with the larger sidewall would provide a somewhat better (softer) ride in any case.

REV

See this is the problem lol. You can't have people that say there's no difference in ride quality at all, and then have people who say there's a definite difference. I don't like those odds.

I'm going to return my Zone 2" level, or sell it locally. I think I'll just stay stock until I can do it right.

I had a feeling a 60$ level kit was too good to be true.

In theory a block at the bottom of a strut shouldn't affect the ride, I am pretty sure I have way over tightened my sway bar linkage. I will loosen it tonight and update if it affects the ride quality.

• Like 1

I have a Z71 Double Cab, with the "factory" 20" Aluminum Wheels, and I have the "Ready Lift" 2.25" levelling kit, and I didn't notice any difference in the ride quality with or without the level kit. I have not ridden in a similar 2014 with smaller tires, so I don't know what the ride quality would be in that case.

I would expect that the smaller tires, with the larger sidewall would provide a somewhat better (softer) ride in any case.

REV

Sorry.....double post....don't know what happened, when I pressed the post button, it added it twice, and I don't know how to delete one, or if it's possible.

Edited by revitupfaster
  • Like 1

See this is the problem lol. You can't have people that say there's no difference in ride quality at all, and then have people who say there's a definite difference. I don't like those odds.

I'm going to return my Zone 2" level, or sell it locally. I think I'll just stay stock until I can do it right.

I had a feeling a 60$ level kit was too good to be true.

I wouldn't be afraid of a 2" level at all. The wheel/tire size can play big difference. If you put a level and stick with stock tires and wheels your good. Sticking with P rated tires helps or if you go 10 ply, choose a 65/70/75 middle number. Mine rides rough because of 55 middle number and not enough sidewall height to dampen impact.

I did this as well. Running the 2" rough country with 275-60-20 Toyo Open Country AT2's. Great tire so far. I think I am going to upfrade to 285-55-20 or 295-55-20, the 275-60's are a little too skinny for my liking.

Yup this is the set up I'm probably going to go with. I like that the 275/60/20's are P rated.

I installed my bottom spacer 1.5" level kit yesterday and I find the ride is very rough. Not sure why, I thought these spacers weren't supposed to affect ride quality, but it definetly hits the little bumps in the road a lot harder now. I think I may be going with the rancho qiicklifts sooner than I expected and setting them at a lower setting. Everyone else says they can't tell a difference in ride, either theyre not as picky as me or they're lying to themselves in my opinionm unless there's a chance I installed something wrong. All I did was loosen the sway bar and pry the shocks up to fit the spacer under.

There should be no reason for it to change your ride quality since you haven't changed anything other then ride height. You don't have a Denali do you??

There should be no reason for it to change your ride quality since you haven't changed anything other then ride height. You don't have a Denali do you??

All terrain, I am going to try loosening my sway bar linkage tonight.

Strange. I'll be putting my RC 2.5" kit on Tuesday so I'll see how that goes. Only ride change I'm expecting will be from the LT tires. We'll see!

I didn't follow the instructions and I tightened my sway bar linkage all the way as tight as I could. Apparently you are only supposed to tighten them until the bushing bulge. I will probably buy new sway bar links and bushings just to make sure they are good. I also tightened them with the vehicle lifted. I will update after I have loosened mine off.

Took a few more pics today not sure if they are necessarily "better", but here they are anyway.

Picking up a Hypertech Max Energy to fix my speedometer today.

acd6289da4169eb8dd81956ed1031a27.jpg

ef777017caf4db1e6c0b2fe10908d5e5.jpg

ac0120d740e8e803c10dc61faa966655.jpg

7c352d75b1ca7c3a550eb65ae645cd73.jpg

c7ae691e322b42b072f56c4de8204fc3.jpg

90c127e6944028c66ab66f449ae92735.jpg

This truck looks perfect to me! Could you tell me the exact tire size?