2014+ Leveling Kits

sooo.. has anyone out there been successful with running a 20x12 -44 rim on a 33x12.5 with just a leveling kit? according to many people on custom wheel offset, it can be done with very minimal rubbing. is this true? I have been told that a 20x10 -19 rubs horribly, so does the x12 make that much of a difference, that you can run a 20x12 -44?

this is the day a brought her home,

20151009_153142_zpsm4xieckz.jpg

20151010_134413_zpswpjkpvn9.jpg

and how she looks so far..

2 inch fabtec level, tinted tail lights, 285/70/17s sub and amp, and muffler delete

20151014_152457_zps4ajh8fle.jpg

20151017_144438_zpsn5ypb9fn.jpg

20151101_090431_zpsrczq2nfn.jpg

here is after i debadged it.

2015-12-05%2018.25.09_zpscqus5usz.jpg

• Like 2

I just did 2 coats of vht night shades on the face of the lights, and 3 coats total on the sides. My wife drives the truck alot, so I didn't want them to be too dark, and be dangerous. Just have to take your time and over prep the surface before you spray, and it turns out pretty good!

Any quick recommendations for which particular brand or size of leveling kit I should go with on my new 2016 Sierra Denali?

I'm still unsure of any drawbacks to a leveling kit due to the magnetic suspension. Is this a concern? I just want the front brought up to where the rear is... flat and level. Thanks!!

lWGwvEwh.jpg

From Post #2720 on page 182 in case someone else is interested.

Finally, after 182 pages, I see someone is running 305/65r18s on stockers. Would like to know more about this truck and any clearance or power issues with those great looking tires. Or from anyone else running 305/65 or 305/60 on stock 18s with a level. Seems like a beefier alternative to 285/65s. I'm guessing it works because BFGs tend to run narrow and very square with little sidewall bulge (section width).

No clearance issues. No power issues, but I also added a CAI, exhaust, and a Diablo Tuner. My highway MPG with the BFGs and level was still at about 20mpg after the other additions. I actually no longer have these tires because the two rear ones got cut pretty badly (rocks on a trail I assume). For my new set, I chose to go with Nitto G2 285/75r18 (much better warranty with this size of tire), still have the stock wheels. For my next set, I will go wider as I liked the way the wider tires looked.

No clearance issues. No power issues, but I also added a CAI, exhaust, and a Diablo Tuner. My highway MPG with the BFGs and level was still at about 20mpg after the other additions. I actually no longer have these tires because the two rear ones got cut pretty badly (rocks on a trail I assume). For my new set, I chose to go with Nitto G2 285/75r18 (much better warranty with this size of tire), still have the stock wheels. For my next set, I will go wider as I liked the way the wider tires looked.

What are the specs on your engine mods? Like what did you put on for CAI, exhaust and which tune by diablo?

I'm eyeballing an exhaust and an airaid MIT

Possibly a tune as well, but not sure

Edited by tyrich88

What are the specs on your engine mods? Like what did you put on for CAI, exhaust and which tune by diablo?

I'm eyeballing an exhaust and an airaid MIT

Possibly a tune as well, but not sure

CAI: aFe (51-74104) Momentum GT Sealed Cold Air Intake System for GM Silverado/Sierra 1500

Muffler: Borla 40359 Muffler (I apologize here, I said exhaust earlier when I really meant just a muffler, but I had them cut out the extra muffler and run 3inch pipe all the out way back)

Tuner: DiabloSport T1000 Trinity Dashboard Tuner and Diagnostic Tool

Next: Short Tube headers and Custom Tune by DiabLew

As far as CAI, I like S&B which I had on my 2007 Silverado, but at the time they weren't making one for the 14s (I think they are now).

CAI: aFe (51-74104) Momentum GT Sealed Cold Air Intake System for GM Silverado/Sierra 1500

Muffler: Borla 40359 Muffler (I apologize here, I said exhaust earlier when I really meant just a muffler, but I had them cut out the extra muffler and run 3inch pipe all the out way back)

Tuner: DiabloSport T1000 Trinity Dashboard Tuner and Diagnostic Tool

Next: Short Tube headers and Custom Tune by DiabLew

As far as CAI, I like S&B which I had on my 2007 Silverado, but at the time they weren't making one for the 14s (I think they are now).

Cool thanks!

I was thinking of the same muffler swap, I'm guessing your performance gains were pretty decent?

Cool thanks!

I was thinking of the same muffler swap, I'm guessing your performance gains were pretty decent?

I put all of engine mods on the truck before the level and tires. I most definitely saw an increase in performance after I put the engine mods on, but of course after the lift and tires a little bit of that was lost. Hoping to regain that with the next mods!