2014+ Leveling Kits

Looks really good. Kinda wish I had some offset on mine. Thinking bout going 295/65/20. Currently have 305/55 mickeys

On a 1500, you'll need more than a leveling kit to clear a 295/65/20. A 295/60/20 might clear with some trimming though, depending on your wheel offset.

On a 1500, you'll need more than a leveling kit to clear a 295/65/20. A 295/60/20 might clear with some trimming though, depending on your wheel offset.

I've seen ppl fit true 35x12.5x20 on 2.5" level kits. The 295/65/20 measure out to be 35.4x11.6. My 305/55 barely touch sway bar at full lock and there's plenty of room. I don't mind trimming/tying back liner Edited by Clemsontiger88

I've seen ppl fit true 35x12.5x20 on 2.5" level kits. The 295/65/20 measure out to be 35.4x11.6. My 305/55 barely touch sway bar at full lock and there's plenty of room. I don't mind trimming/tying back liner

Yes, I've seen 35's "fit" too....but most people don't want to start cutting metal on a new truck. Just because it fits, doesn't mean someone would be happy with it.

Yes, I've seen 35's "fit" too....but most people don't want to start cutting metal on a new truck. Just because it fits, doesn't mean someone would be happy with it.

I don't believe metal would have to be cut but I might give it a try haha.

I don't believe metal would have to be cut but I might give it a try haha.

Yeah, go for it, man! It's your truck, cut on it as much as you'd like, haha! I'd be very surprised if you could clear a true 35x12.50 (or even a 295/65/20) on a level kit (and aftermarket rims) without cutting metal. And, you might rub the sway bar or frame, which can't be trimmed.....but I've been wrong before. If you try it, let us know how it goes. It'll look BA if they fit.

To me, when someone want's to know if a certain size tire will fit on their truck, they're asking if they'll be able to turn the steering wheel lock to lock, drive through a ditch, back out of a driveway, etc.....without having to do anything more than pulling the fender liner back with zip ties. That's why I responded the way I did.

I'm upgrading my truck tomorrow with Moto Metal MO970 20x9 0 offset with a 2.5" Rough Country Lift. Is anyone running 295 55/20's on a similar setup (I'm getting the Toyo Open Country RT's)? I'm supposed to get it all installed tomorrow and am curious to know if there will be any rubbing that will require some cutting on my truck, it's a 2016 Silverado 1500.

Yeah, go for it, man! It's your truck, cut on it as much as you'd like, haha! I'd be very surprised if you could clear a true 35x12.50 (or even a 295/65/20) on a level kit (and aftermarket rims) without cutting metal. And, you might rub the sway bar or frame, which can't be trimmed.....but I've been wrong before. If you try it, let us know how it goes. It'll look BA if they fit.

To me, when someone want's to know if a certain size tire will fit on their truck, they're asking if they'll be able to turn the steering wheel lock to lock, drive through a ditch, back out of a driveway, etc.....without having to do anything more than pulling the fender liner back with zip ties. That's why I responded the way I did.

I am on factory 20's. But some dude just posted a couple pages back with nitto ridge graps in 35x11.5 aka 295/65 haha.

Im on paved surface 95% of the time and it's a truck, not a jeep. When it does go offload it sure as hell aint through a big ditch or over small boulders so I think ill be alright haha

Edited by Clemsontiger88
  • Like 1

I'm upgrading my truck tomorrow with Moto Metal MO970 20x9 0 offset with a 2.5" Rough Country Lift. Is anyone running 295 55/20's on a similar setup (I'm getting the Toyo Open Country RT's)? I'm supposed to get it all installed tomorrow and am curious to know if there will be any rubbing that will require some cutting on my truck, it's a 2016 Silverado 1500.

Yes! 2017 Sierra with 2.5 RC level and 20x9+1 Fuel Mavericks wrapped in 295/55 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Barely scuffs the wheel well liner at full lock. Several others have run a similar set up with no rubbing [emoji106]

0540d41538a63192ebb19f0ff42aca19.jpg

60c238bca6509b7cfa2dbdf0568d23cb.jpgac781ff1d8a5c47cb89c1ab3b159e5de.jpg

Edited by Champ8792
  • Like 3

I know this topic is probably one of the most common points of discussion, but I have a 17 model Silverado 1500 that I had a 2.25 inch leveling kit up front and 3" block kit added out back, I want to keep the stock wheels but upgrade the tires. I was thinking Nitto ATs and was wondering what tire size will work best with this application. don't want to do any cutting of trimming on the plastics etc.

Trying to take advantage of the Labor Day sales. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by cowboysfanmd

I know this topic is probably one of the most common points of discussion, but I have a 17 model Silverado 1500 that I had a 2.25 inch leveling kit up front and 3" block kit added out back, I want to keep the stock wheels but upgrade the tires. I was thinking Nitto ATs and was wondering what tire size will work best with this application. don't want to do any cutting of trimming on the plastics etc.

Trying to take advantage of the Labor Day sales. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What wheel size do you have? I have the same size 2.25" level in front and 3" blocks out back on my 17. I'm running 295/55R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Sierra reps that have the factory offset. Minor rubbing on the plastics at full lock. I could probably zip tie them back and clear them but I'm lazy. f68d498d4c0768ca9ad6430dd085df34.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk