2014+ Leveling Kits

So, I wanted to contribute here. I ordered a kit from MotoFab as I did not like the idea of putting plastics in a load bearing situation. Got the CH-2LM, nice solid blocks of billet aluminum for a very similar price. Seems more durable, looks just as good,

and no appreciable price difference to the plastic chunks sold by the other big name in truck lifts...

post-176624-0-08554800-1503871466_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

So, I wanted to contribute here. I ordered a kit from MotoFab as I did not like the idea of putting plastics in a load bearing situation. Got the CH-2LM, nice solid blocks of billet aluminum for a very similar price. Seems more durable, looks just as good,

and no appreciable price difference to the plastic chunks sold by the other big name in truck lifts...

attachicon.gifgallery_176624_4779_2014412 (1).jpg

I certainly understand where you're coming from. I used to look at my m-4 and think.. this POS, made of plastic.. I once saw one get backed over but a duece and a half. Right over the plastic stock and not even a crack in the plastic. That polycarbonate "plastics" stuff it pretty freaking strong. I always was more concerned about galvanic corrosion between the steel and aluminum with the alloy spacers. To each their own.

Nice truck btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I certainly understand where you're coming from. I used to look at my m-4 and think.. this POS, made of plastic.. I once saw one get backed over but a duece and a half. Right over the plastic stock and not even a crack in the plastic. That polycarbonate "plastics" stuff it pretty freaking strong. I always was more concerned about galvanic corrosion between the steel and aluminum with the alloy spacers. To each their own.

Nice truck btw.

Thanks!

Honestly I didn't consider galvanic corrosion an issue as the parts are thoroughly powder coated. But I will shoot them an email to follow up.

Edited by nmyron

0aed1a35271778bee3e3729bc772ff8a.jpg

2.5" Motofab front level, stock rear with 285/70/17 MC Courser MXT's. Will probably go with a 1" block in the rear, she squats a little when loaded with my camping gear and crap.

• Like 2

i have just purchaced A new 2017 LTZ 4x4, while it was in the dealership for some warranty work.I had had a Readylift 2.25" front and a 2" blocks for the back added to the truck. I love the look of the truck and am going to upsize the tires as soon as I can decide which to buy.

My question is, have any others noticed a difference in the feel of the steering wheel, when turning compared to the way it felt prior to the level kit and blocks?

In my opinion the steering is "lighter" meaning there is less resistance when turning the wheel. It does not matter which way I steer the truck, it does doesnt seem to have the same resistance.

I spoke to the Dealer , Ready lift AND 4 wheel parts, all of them said there should be little to no difference at all. I just received a loaner truce which was also a 17 4x4 and I can definitely tell the difference in the steering.

Have any of you experienced the same feeling in the steering, or is it just me? I have not found any comments on ANY blogs that reference these symptoms so I am beginning to wonder.

Also, will changing the shocks with 2.0s or something comparable, make my ride feel closer to the factory ride. Right now it kind of feels a little sensitive to bumps or un eaten roads.

I will appreciate any feedback you have to offer, thank you.

Edited by cowboysfanmd