2014+ Leveling Kits

well...i'm not sure if they would fit or not...but he has a 6"...but the both of those sets of tires look good...the nittos and the set you found...for the look (i think) you are going for, the ones in the pic you found would look great!!

Yeah man !! They look badass !! Gotta find some pricing now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm contemplating the 2 inch also, I just dont know if I could install them myself.

You will need a floor jack, jack stands, 15 to 24mm wrenches & sockets (deep & shallow) (I'm just guessing at those sizes I can't remember for sure), torque wrench, big hammer, some muscle, lots of patience, some time lol chances are it's a weekend job for someone who hasn't done it.

You will need a floor jack, jack stands, 15 to 24mm wrenches & sockets (deep & shallow) (I'm just guessing at those sizes I can't remember for sure), torque wrench, big hammer, some muscle, lots of patience, some time lol chances are it's a weekend job for someone who hasn't done it.

Than you! for that info.

Thank You, my inspection is up next month so I'll be looking. I'm in the dirt a lot so I'll be opting for an AT tire .

i am not in the dirt alot, but i have BFG KO2's and have been very pleased with them, and also the few times i have been off road. i dont know how much larger you can go, but i know a 285/65r18 fits without any rubbing...i would recommend BFG's for sure, there are plenty of people that recommend Nittos and Toyo's and Dura Tracs if you are asking for some brand recommendations...

Than you! for that info.

No prob !! The rough country 2" kit is cheap and easy. Don't follow their instructions (my opinion):

remove wheel, take both bolts out of the lower strut mount & pop off the little clips with a flat head screwdriver, disconnect steering linkage & upper ball joint. Use a pry bar & push down a little on the lower control arm (a friend will help here). The downward pressure will create the gap you need to slide the new spacer and two bolts in from the top. Slam it all back together, torque it all up & ur done the front.

Back (if you are doing it):

Block the wheels! Parking brake on!

Jack the whole truck up with a floor jack under the diff. Put two jack stands under the frame and let the jack back down. The rear axle will be almost fully extended but still on the ground.

One side at a time:

Remove the u bolts, use a bottle jack (just in front of the axle) and push up on the leaf spring (be careful !! If the bottle jack pops out the leaf spring will slam back down and well you def don't want your fingers there etc)

Remove the stock block, insert the new blocks, lower the bottle jack. Make sure everything is seated right, install new ubolts and torque them down. Move onto the other side and do the same.

When all done take your truck in for an alignment!

Hey guys, first time posting here but have spent a lot of time in the past couple weeks reading and checking out your badass trucks. I wanted some opinions if that's alright, I purchased this 2017 Silverado LTZ a few weeks ago and am trying to decide on a rough country 2.5 inch leveling kit or rough country 5 inch knuckle suspension lift kit. I'm an avid waterfowl and bow hunter, I would say the extent to my off-roading with this truck will be driving through cut corn fields. I'm just not sure a 2.5 inch is exactly the look I'm going for but also don't know if a 5 inch will be too much (my wife will call me a hillbilly either way). I like a lot of your guys' setups and was just wondering what you guys would do, would like to keep my stock 20" wheels but get bigger all terrain tires and paint matched bushwacker fender flares (I know, not everyone is a fan of flares). Any input on tire size/brand and lift would be appreciated, if anyone has a picture of a similar truck that you wouldn't mind posting again that would be sweet. Thanks fellas.

attachicon.giftruck.jpg

This is my '17 Sierra SLT with a 2.5" RC level. I have 20x9+1 Fuel Mavericks with 295/55 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I've seen a few guys on here and other sites run 295/55 on stock wheels with just a level.657400f911da2e5938107a2c78d6d322.jpg

If your torn between 2.5" level vs 5" lift just split the difference and go 4" Fabtech or BDS lift. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

i am not in the dirt alot, but i have BFG KO2's and have been very pleased with them, and also the few times i have been off road. i dont know how much larger you can go, but i know a 285/65r18 fits without any rubbing...i would recommend BFG's for sure, there are plenty of people that recommend Nittos and Toyo's and Dura Tracs if you are asking for some brand recommendations...

Thanks- I'm not a big time off roader, but travel on dirt/mud job sites and the dirt roads at our cabin. I'll check out the BFGs.

This is my '17 Sierra SLT with a 2.5" RC level. I have 20x9+1 Fuel Mavericks with 295/55 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I've seen a few guys on here and other sites run 295/55 on stock wheels with just a level.657400f911da2e5938107a2c78d6d322.jpg

If your torn between 2.5" level vs 5" lift just split the difference and go 4" Fabtech or BDS lift. [emoji106]

Love the Silver Ice...those new CC SB GMC's are sharp.

• Like 1

Thanks- I'm not a big time off roader, but travel on dirt/mud job sites and the dirt roads at our cabin. I'll check out the BFGs.

Last I checked they didn't make the Mickey Thompson Baja atz in a 285/65r18, but that is a really good tire too if you can find a size that works for you (or if they started making that size)

That is a clean looking truck Champ! Appreciate you taking the time to post and the options. I think the RC leveling kit might do just what I need with some good looking tires like your Nittos. Looks classy and aggressive! I'm thinking I'll save some $$ for wheels and throw out the 5" option. Thanks again man.

• Like 1

I got it leveled on Friday. Thanks everyone for all the help while I searched for the setup I wanted. I am very pleased with how it turned out. Here's a before and after.

what size level and tires ?

Hey all,

Just created an account and got setup! Just been reading on these pages and getting familiar with the varying setups you all are running. Thanks for all the great information! First, part of me wishes I would've went 2016 front end+, so sharp with the ptm bumpers in white (originally wanted a Sierra SLT, but the Canada truck got sold out from under me)! That said, I picked up a 2015 5.3L Slate Gray CC SB LTZ fully-loaded last December. Since then I have added 2" RC level, Westin HDX Xtreme nerfs, 13% tint, spray-in bedliner, tonneau cover, MBRP exhaust, upgraded headlights to LED bulbs, & Husky floor mats (which I love over WeatherTechs for once).

Now the next step for me is to add some new shoes. I had 2011 F150 FX4 Eco CC prior and ran 2" Autosprings level and 295/60R20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Loved the look, but hated the completely ruined and rough ride with the E-rated tires with the huge MPG losses as well (I went from mid 20's with my 3.5 TT to 12-13 city 15-16 hwy...didn't think it was going to be so steep). I believe my stock 20's, which I believe I am going to keep, run +27mm correct? I am seeing guys running 285, 295 and even 305s all stating just swaybar and UCA rub much like my F150 setup. I don't want to go as aggressive with a MT again nor E-rated if possible to stay more toward stock ride.

My questions are:

1) Are there any tires existing that have the more aggressive look without going E-rated and the 50 to 80lb/piece? I see the Nitto Ridge Grapplers are like 60lbs/piece and a bit lighter with fairly aggressive tread

2) If not, I am thinking clearly the 285/65/20 or 285/55/20 BFG KO2's are a likely candidate (think I like the white-wall better, but from reading don't believe are still available). Or some Toyo AT2's (Xtreme), Nitto Ridge Grappler, or GY Duratracs.

3) If having to go heavier, does the 5.3L handle it well? expected MPG losses? I removed the upfront dam/valence as well when leveling.

4) Would the 22" OEM Denali wheels bolt on or anyone do that to their chrome package Silverados? Saw a few Sierra's rocking those and I love the look and gunmetal appearance. Just not sure how that would mesh with my current chrome. Pics?

Any other 20" OEM chrome setups and pics would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I've got Falken Wild Peaks 275/60/20 look awesome and weigh less than 50 lbs. Lost about 1 mpg only.

• Like 1