2014+ Leveling Kits

I have a 2017 and have the ProComp 2.25" level. I ran it with the stock UCAs for about 20k miles without any issues. I got my 2017 in August of 2016 and none of the levels were offering replacement UCAs. I added cognito UCAs because I got them used for a good price. I'm not saying you wont have any issues but I'm not easy on my truck and the ball joints were fine when I took the stock UCAs out.

The ProComp kit is just a level and doesn't include a diff drop. It is the exact same kit as the Readylift 2.25" level just in a different box and costs less. Now Readylift is offering replacement UCAs with the kit. 7fdd87731ce40372b9d3b6d7ad7fbf8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’ve got about 6k on my level, ordered Fox coilovers with resi’s, new Fabtech UCA’s and after lots of research, I cancelled my order and went with the 4.5” lift through CST Suspension. There are a few guys on the forum that got me turned on by it due to zero widening of the front wheel track unlike all the other brands and after many thousands of miles not one complaint. Leveling is fine for a clearing a bit larger tires but I noticed immediately after leveling with no larger tires that my truck rode rougher. This lift will put everything back but lift through spindles.

Sent from above

9 hours ago, rudyb said:

I dig it. Any rub with this setup? Are you running stock UCA? Is that a 1.5" level? Thanks

Thanks! Bilstein 5100's(front on 3rd setting, rear is stock height). Stock UCA's. Bilstein claims this is a 1.25" lift in the front, but I have a feeling it was just a bit more.

I did get some rubbing on the factory mudflaps so I took a dremel and trimmed the insides just a bit. No rubbing now.

Just 2” and 285s stock wheels. Nothing drastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The interesting thing about people raving about leveling is they forget to mention from mid 2015 GM started using stamped steel UCA’s, causing your tires to rub onto your trucks frame and or UCA’s. Not trying to be negative about leveling but Doing a level, it caused me to spend thousands of dollars replacing stock wheels with new +1 offset and finally larger tires (no rubbing) at a cost of approximately $3K later. At least I’m half way done on what it costs to lift a truck lol!

This is only experienced with my 20” wheels and tires.

Also forgot to mention you’ll need new shocks too for the raised height preferably Bilstein 5100’s

Sent from above

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

I’ve got about 6k on my level, ordered Fox coilovers with resi’s, new Fabtech UCA’s and after lots of research, I cancelled my order and went with the 4.5” lift through CST Suspension. There are a few guys on the forum that got me turned on by it due to zero widening of the front wheel track unlike all the other brands and after many thousands of miles not one complaint. Leveling is fine for a clearing a bit larger tires but I noticed immediately after leveling with no larger tires that my truck rode rougher. This lift will put everything back but lift through spindles.

Sent from above

I am in the same boat, I am currently looking into control arms or possibly doing the same CST lift too.  I don't want the headache down the road....

I am in the same boat, I am currently looking into control arms or possibly doing the same CST lift too.  I don't want the headache down the road....

Not worth the headaches, believe me. So much BS going on these forums with lies how some aren’t getting any rubbing with exact setup only to admit it soon after as “its not bad” lmao! Just spoke with the shop, haven’t received it yet from CST. I’m looking at first part of next week for install, arg!

Sent from above

The interesting thing about people raving about leveling is they forget to mention from mid 2015 GM started using stamped steel UCA’s, causing your tires to rub onto your trucks frame and or UCA’s. Not trying to be negative about leveling but Doing a level, it caused me to spend thousands of dollars replacing stock wheels with new +1 offset and finally larger tires (no rubbing) at a cost of approximately $3K later. At least I’m half way done on what it costs to lift a truck lol!

This is only experienced with my 20” wheels and tires.

Also forgot to mention you’ll need new shocks too for the raised height preferably Bilstein 5100’s

Sent from above

Can’t imagine I’ll rub with the 285s. 32.5x11.5 should clear with 2”. I’ll report this afternoon. As far as the shocks go I’ll let it ride. Had same setup on my 14 (with 285/55 ko2s) and never thought it rode bad.
69705009de4abb2fe3659c98c2ac3629.jpg

Running a procomp lift will included diff drop which doesn’t need new UCA’s cause with a diff drop your UCA’s will be fine for a while.

You should look at CST suspension, much better quality and doesn’t make your track widen up front like it does with all those knuckle replacement kits such as BDS, ProComp. A couple guy on this forum brought it up and I jumped on it.

Sent from above

A diff drop and UCAs are not related. Diff drop will help your CV joints return to a more stock angle. It will do nothing in regards to the upper ball joint which is the weak point of the stamped steel arms.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Not worth the headaches, believe me. So much BS going on these forums with lies how some aren’t getting any rubbing with exact setup only to admit it soon after as “its not bad” lmao! Just spoke with the shop, haven’t received it yet from CST. I’m looking at first part of next week for install, arg!

Sent from above

I hear ya..........I currently have a 3" level and am looking at control arms + a diff drop.  

can't wait to see pics once it's done.

A diff drop and UCAs are not related. Diff drop will help your CV joints return to a more stock angle. It will do nothing in regards to the upper ball joint which is the weak point of the stamped steel arms.

Speaking of my experience, after my 2.25” level was installed, the installer showed me that my UCA’s were not flat anymore, arched. Levels kill UCA’s!

Sent from above

Not trying to be negative about leveling but Doing a level, it caused me to spend thousands of dollars replacing stock wheels with new +1 offset and finally larger tires (no rubbing) at a cost of approximately $3K later. At least I’m half way done on what it costs to lift a truck lol!

It depends on the components selected.

It’s entirely possible to level a truck with new UCA’s, on stock wheels with larger tires, and get great ride quality.
  • Like 1

Can’t imagine I’ll rub with the 285s. 32.5x11.5 should clear with 2”. I’ll report this afternoon. As far as the shocks go I’ll let it ride. Had same setup on my 14 (with 285/55 ko2s) and never thought it rode bad.
69705009de4abb2fe3659c98c2ac3629.jpg

You might get slight rub with 285’s depending on tire choice.

I get very slight rubbing at full lock with my 285
Nitto Trail Grappler MT’s on stock wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Right after I did my level I installed 275/60/20 KO2’s and they rubbed bad! Went to a Fuel+18 and still rubbed but not as bad, Only thing that worked is current setup +1 offset 20X9’s with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/60/20’s

Sent from above

It depends on the components selected.

It’s entirely possible to level a truck with new UCA’s, on stock wheels with larger tires, and get great ride quality.

Absolutely correct, the UCA’s play a big role in it.

Sent from above

You might get slight rub with 285’s depending on tire choice.

I get very slight rubbing at full lock with my 285

Nitto Trail Grappler MT’s on stock wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My 275/60/20’s on stock 20’s rubbed bad and embarrassing especially in grocery store parking lots.

Leveling over 2.25” is a money pit.

Sent from above

• Like 1