2014+ Leveling Kits

I’ve been contemplating it, I’ll have to wait and see the drive quality with these. I’m debating going to coilovers for now, I’ve spent to much time dealing with this truck, looking forward to reviewing what I’ve got and going from there. So far, I LOVE THIS LIFT, perfect height, just working at getting the best/smoothest ride possible especially driving in shit town roads Houston.

Sent from above

Taller tires = smoother, especially with 20s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Taller tires = smoother, especially with 20s

You’re absolutely correct but I’m worried about these shocks as it is, adding more weight may negatively affect these 5100’s

Sent from above

I’ve been contemplating it, I’ll have to wait and see the drive quality with these. I’m debating going to coilovers for now, I’ve spent to much time dealing with this truck, looking forward to reviewing what I’ve got and going from there. So far, I LOVE THIS LIFT, perfect height, just working at getting the best/smoothest ride possible especially driving in shit town roads Houston.

Sent from above
Looks really good. I here ya on the shitty roads in Houston. I stay away as much as possible. I'm in the SW side of town in the burbs of Richmond. I'm either going with the same lift as you or Readylifts new 7 inch. Readylift says the track width moves less than a half an inch and minimal cutting for the install just like the cst lift.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks really good. I here ya on the shitty roads in Houston. I stay away as much as possible. I'm in the SW side of town in the burbs of Richmond. I'm either going with the same lift as you or Readylifts new 7 inch. Readylift says the track width moves less than a half an inch and minimal cutting for the install just like the cst lift. 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you, it’s work in progress. My take on this lift today as follows. Absolutely awesome construction, nothing even comes close in craftsmanship, the thick welds, painting, everything about this lift is absolutely amazing. The installer came in the office today while I was anxiously awaiting delivery and I heard him tell the GM that he’s shocked at how much more stout this lift is versus all the others, he’s been doing this for 10 years and considered the best attention to detail installer. After I heard that I walked over to the wall and compared craftsmanship to a bunch others, ProComb, BDS, Superlift, Fabtech and a couple others and I immediately felt proud having this lift on my truck. It’s actually got extra brackets (that no one else adds) to help make the whole suspension 10X stronger all together. I’m now actually looking at getting completely new coilovers just cause you don’t want junk around this lift [emoji6]. All in all, it’s tru, you get what you pay for. There’s so much junk out there just to give you a lift look, CST is the best, ALL HANDS DOWN! Sorry, ranting on.

Sent from above

You’re absolutely correct but I’m worried about these shocks as it is, adding more weight may negatively affect these 5100’s

Sent from above

For the sake of discussion since you still have to test, my thinking is that more weight of bigger tires will add more leverage to move the stiffer 5100s, thus being more plush

For the sake of discussion since you still have to test, my thinking is that more weight of bigger tires will add more leverage to move the stiffer 5100s, thus being more plush

That’s what I thought but in reality, the larger than stock tires I put on beat The heck out of the stock suspension until I put on Bilsteins but now even after I’ve completely replaced all previous Bilsteins with new ones the ride is noticeably much smoother than leveled just driving at regular speeds but a bit of tire hop going over rougher roads cause these Bilsteins get unhappy when they actually have to contain and control a heavier tire through this. This is why I’m now looking at coilovers.

Sent from above

Better put, these Bilstein 5100’s feel like they’re not in control when driving over bumpy roads but feel better than stock shocks driving on normal roads, if that makes any sense lol

Increasing unsprung weight has zero positive benefits.

In the case of ride quality, the increased mass means the wheel is less responsive to pavement irregularity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So the general consensus on the late model pre-19s is that you HAVE to get new wheels?  Personally I've been running 275/65/20 on my 18 with no level.  I haven't checked in awhile if I'm rubbing or not.  I would love to level it but all I keep reading is it will definitely rub if I do.  I haven't felt rubbing on my current setup.

So the general consensus on the late model pre-19s is that you HAVE to get new wheels?  Personally I've been running 275/65/20 on my 18 with no level.  I haven't checked in awhile if I'm rubbing or not.  I would love to level it but all I keep reading is it will definitely rub if I do.  I haven't felt rubbing on my current setup.

I leveled mine as soon as I bought the truck, rode somewhat rougher afterwards then all hell broke loose as soon as I added the 275/60/20 KO2’s. Bought new wheels and tires and now I’m on a lift lol. You may be able to get away with the Adjustable Bilstein 5100 struts up front raised to, I think max 1.75” but couldn’t be certain. I wish I had someone inform me all this before I did the level, lessons learned, better off saving up for a CST lift and before you know it you’ll be riding up in style! Just a thought

Sent from above

2 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

I leveled mine as soon as I bought the truck, rode somewhat rougher afterwards then all hell broke loose as soon as I added the 275/60/20 KO2’s. Bought new wheels and tires and now I’m on a lift lol. You may be able to get away with the Adjustable Bilstein 5100 struts up front raised to, I think max 1.75” but couldn’t be certain. I wish I had someone inform me all this before I did the level, lessons learned, better off saving up for a CST lift and before you know it you’ll be riding up in style! Just a thought

Sent from above

I don't really want to go that big.  I am pretty happy with my larger tires right now.  I would prefer a level but not needed.  The larger tires I think helped out with all handling and I can't really tell any mpg hit.

I don't really want to go that big.  I am pretty happy with my larger tires right now.  I would prefer a level but not needed.  The larger tires I think helped out with all handling and I can't really tell any mpg hit.

Lucky you on the mpg’s. The leveling appears to more so affect those of us on 20’s. Word of advise, I very much dislike it when misleading information gets thrown around. Leveling is not a fix but a modification which unfortunately has caused financial grief to a good many “if not done correctly”. Good luck and Happy upcoming Thanksgiving Holidays

Sent from above

20 hours ago, Scooter Scott said:

Dunno about consensus, but I’m running 285/65-18 (33x11.5x18) tires on stock wheels, leveled. Very slight rub at full lock, Nitto MT’s have very large lugs. I don’t believe (but don’t know for sure) that an AT tire would rub at all. 

1E026050-D99C-4D9D-811B-3E2EC4A86B76.jpeg

DD257FDF-E2CE-4E77-8761-A536B1CFE389.jpeg

• Like 1

First, sorry if this has been covered but I either don’t use the search feature correctly or I’m just missing it.

I have the Rough Country 2.5 leveling kit installed by my dealer. The truck sits very nice with no load. My question is has anyone added Sumosprings (rear) to their truck? I do not want sag when we tow the trailer, it’s a 36 foot and yes I use a WD hitch. I just bought the 2018 Sierra SLT Z71 with 6.2 but have not towed with it yet. Will the Sumo help eliminate sag or is there a better solution? I am obviously assuming I will get some sag as it is configured right now. Thank you!

Edited by SS502