2014 Silverado/Sierra Tips and Tricks

• 5 weeks later...

For those with touch screen radios, go to the local Dollar Store and pick up an iPad screen protector.

Cut it to fit your screen and place it there to prevent dings and scratches from fingernails, keys etc.

For those with touch screen radios, go to the local Dollar Store and pick up an iPad screen protector.

Cut it to fit your screen and place it there to prevent dings and scratches from fingernails, keys etc.

I purchased a Tech Armor off of Amazon for ours... They have them to fit many vehicles... But you can certainly buy some for an tablet and cut them to fit... They cause no issues after install.

• 2 weeks later...

Only on page29 of this thread, but here are two "tweaks" that I observed:

Hold down the FOB unlock button for several seconds, and all 4 windows will roll down. Maybe not the best tip in December, but good for Houston all year!

The "hang up" phone button on the steering wheel, right hand front, will also MUTE your radio.

-------------------------

Just read the rest of the thread, the window open from FOB has been covered!

Edited by BuddTX

• 6 months later...

I noticed when you get a phone call or make a phone call, the truck automatically turns down the blower fan for you. This is really nice when it's hot out and the AC is blowing at full force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've gotten traffic alerts that then show the issues but I haven't checked for traffic

There is an option in the nav menu to turn on (display) traffic flow

Edited by DAY11

Has anyone been able to get the safety sticker off the sun visor?

Good question, I haven't tried yet though. My Avy and my older Silv they were like heat bonded on. 4-5 years after having it one started to peel off it just looked bad underneath so I fabric glued it back up.

I have a '16 Denali. Should the navigation show traffic? It doesn't and I haven't found where to enable. Have this on my Audi Q7 and it is very helpful.

Only if you have an OnStar subscription. And then only around major metropolitan areas.

• 7 months later...

I am dragging up this old topic because it helped me a lot. For many of us new members this would have never been seen. Its just buried to far.

As far as adding to the list i can confirm that my 17 LT has the window down function but now power fold mirrors.

Not sure if this has been covered or not. It's nothing awesome, just keeps your console a little cleaner looking.

If you use a USB connection to wire your phone or tablet you can route the wire down the inside edge of the console to the rubber tray below the dash. The lower edge is rubber and appears made to route and hide cables. Use one of the USB connections in the main bin and run the cable down behind the movable cup holder.

The cup holder can be rotated 180° and one looks like it's supposed to go one way but will work either direction. One direction does allow a little more room to run the cable however.

attachicon.gifIMG_1821-1.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1824-1.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1822-1.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1823-1.jpg

How do you remove the cup holder?