Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

So does anyone have a video showing how to install these "plug n play" bulbs?

It fits in the socket the same way the OEM bulb does. Once you get it to fit in, twist to lock.

The light connects to the DRL adapter that connects to the OEM light plug. I just shoved all the wires inside the dust cover (gently), and then shut and sealed.

I'd recommend removing the headlight assembly completely if you still have to dremel/extend the back of the dust covers.

No pics yet, but I have had these installed for about a month and they work and look great!

Edited by ChevyRoofer

any updates on these? Any issues or regrets??

Sorry for the delay, I haven't been on the board much for a while. I'm still very happy with the lights. I've had them over a year now and they're working as well as they did new. Awhile ago I swapped from the caps with holes to some without and stuffed in the ballasts. No issues either way.

They perform well enough I don't feel the need to upgrade any further. I do, however, use a lightbar to augment the brights which renders their bright performance somewhat moot.

• Like 1

I run LMZ bulbs on my low beams, and OPT 7 LEDs on my high beams. I am looking to replace the stock fogs. However, when looking at VLED's website, they clearly state "will not fit 2014+ Chevrolet/GMC vehicles".

I am pretty sure some of you are running LMZ P24Ws on the fogs. Do you need to remove anything to make them work properly? Or are there any other LED suggestions? I just don't want the output to be less than stock.

http://www.amazon.com/Partsam-LED-Headlight-Conversion-Kit/dp/B00X5S13LE/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1453019322&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=partsam+led+hb

These are really good, not sure if its the H11, or H16 /5202 style but these are a great fog light upgrade that cannot be beat for the price. I am really happy with mine for a plug & play set up. A True 2500LM per bulb, and are the same/identical to many of the high end brand name LEDs. Best I've seen so far, with the exception of the rigid lights that are 5~6 times more $$.

• Like 1

http://www.amazon.com/Partsam-LED-Headlight-Conversion-Kit/dp/B00X5S13LE/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1453019322&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=partsam+led+hb

These are really good, not sure if its the H11, or H16 /5202 style but these are a great fog light upgrade that cannot be beat for the price. I am really happy with mine for a plug & play set up. A True 2500LM per bulb, and are the same/identical to many of the high end brand name LEDs. Best I've seen so far, with the exception of the rigid lights that are 5~6 times more $$.

Are you running these in your head lights or for fog lights? any pictures?

No pics as of right now. However I am running these as Fogs and I have the Starnil H11 7200LM 80watt LEDs in my low beams. People raved about the starnils - I do not think their LM rating is accurate or maybe it is that the factory projector on the Silverado are really that bad I dunno. I don't have the factory voltage upgrade as far as I know (could be the difference). But the partsams look identical to the xenon depot H16 fog replacements (& other name mfgs sell these rebranded as well) They make a substancial difference in the amount of light in front of the truck and project some, not super far, but not just the front of the truck as with many LED replacement bulbs. For the price I don't believe you can do any better, but you sure can spend more and get less.

I have the Xenon Depot 9012 LED lights in my truck, got them adjusted to 3/9 o'clock and there is much more light and it is bright. The reflectors are the only thing keeping the light from being thrown out farther. Until I can find something better these will do fine for me.

Here is a pic of the XD led Bulbs. LED on the left. Stock on the right.

attachicon.gifLED.JPG

That is exactly what the Partrsams output looks like compared to factory Fogs. I'm telling you they are the same lights - if you look at the ballast/igniters (whatever they are) those and the bulbs come from the same mold, with the exception of whatever logos are printed on them. No reason to pay double for the same thing. Quality of all the china lights is OK, not good, but acceptable. Def. no where near a baja designs/rigid level of quality. Do not expect that.

In the short time i've browsed this thread, it seems that pretty much everyone running LED headlights have projector housings. I'm wondering if anyone's used LED bulbs in the regular reflective housings? If so, did they work well?

In the short time i've browsed this thread, it seems that pretty much everyone running LED headlights have projector housings. I'm wondering if anyone's used LED bulbs in the regular reflective housings? If so, did they work well?

Horrible. I have star ills in my projectors and I throw light everywhere.no cutoff. I'm in the market for projector housing.

Edited by tootall87