2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

The tailgate hardware is not required, but the cover will have two locking points instead of four locking points. Also, you will need to remove some of the hardware from the cover. Go to RollNLock's website and look at the instructions for a 2015 Ford that has the integrated tailgate step. (The tailgate piece cannot be installed.)

Without the second locking mechanism is the top as secure and watertight? Does it fit tight against the tailgate? My dealer has Roll-N-Lock available and they wil warranty the cover but I didn't like having a bar on my tailgate because of loading 4 wheelers. This is encouraging.

Right now im between the Roll-N-Lock A Series and the Retrax Pro MX. The truck is a 2015 Silverado with the short bed and I

I went with the Retrax Pro MX and love it so far. One thing I really like is how you open and close it from the side instead of with a strap like some of the others. A buddy of mine has one with a strap and constantly has to climb in the bed if the strap is not in the right place. Also, it stays pretty dry with only a little bit of water leaking in on the hard rains.

Cannot comment on the Roll-N-Lock.

Without the second locking mechanism is the top as secure and watertight? Does it fit tight against the tailgate? My dealer has Roll-N-Lock available and they wil warranty the cover but I didn't like having a bar on my tailgate because of loading 4 wheelers. This is encouraging.

The cover will lock into the two side rails and it will be secure and water tight. You will need to (1) remove the two hooks from the cover and (2) you probably will need a different piece that's located at the tailgate end of the rails. I highly recommend you call RollNLock to confirm this. You will need to call them anyway to get the rail end pieces. Phone: (800)-952-7655

I went with the Retrax Pro MX and love it so far. One thing I really like is how you open and close it from the side instead of with a strap like some of the others. A buddy of mine has one with a strap and constantly has to climb in the bed if the strap is not in the right place. Also, it stays pretty dry with only a little bit of water leaking in on the hard rains.

Cannot comment on the Roll-N-Lock.

Do you find with the retrax that you lose alot of your truck bed? That is my only concern with the Retrax

Got my Revolver put on today. Install was super easy, but that cover is a beast!

Fat fingered, and shot from the hip.

And your pic answers my question! I wanted to peel the name plate off, but was worried about what was underneath. Now, I see it's bare as I'd hoped.

The cover will lock into the two side rails and it will be secure and water tight. You will need to (1) remove the two hooks from the cover and (2) you probably will need a different piece that's located at the tailgate end of the rails. I highly recommend you call RollNLock to confirm this. You will need to call them anyway to get the rail end pieces. Phone: (800)-952-7655

Thank you for the tip. I did call RNL and they made we aware of the hardware to do this for all trucks. It comes standard on all RNL cover I was just told to verify that the top is a newer production model as they new covers come with this options.

Do you find that the RNL leaks a bunch? The technician that I spoke with mentioned that the cover will leaks at the Tailgate. Any Experience??

^Snow, rain and muck will get into any truck bed without a gasket to seal the bottom and sides of the tailgate where it meets the bed. I'm using the one below, but any will work well.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/exg-1140?seid=srese1&gclid=CP3g4pzO9ckCFQMFaQodDPsHuA&ibanner=MobileSwitchNo

Do you find that the Retrax Leaks any?

Only a tiny bit around the edges in a few places when it rains a lot. Boxes and other stuff stay perfectly dry in SW Florida summer storms as long as they are not around thr edges or by the tailgate gap. Also, I did not put a gasket that goes around the tailgate like in the post above and did get some items damp that was next to that. Now I try to keep stuff in the middle and it stays dry.

Well my wife ended up getting the Retrax Pro MX for me with the help of my father. I was a bit surprised but she did awesome. She ordered it from tonneau factory outlet.

The cover fits awesome and the install was super simple. Will post pics tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1