2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

On my 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT, here is my Pace Edwards "Jackrabbit" tonneau cover and a factory GMC "Bed Rug."

Sierra%201500%206_zpsotlcfbqf.png

Had to modify the side rails of the Jackrabbit to compensate for the thickness of the Bed Rug. Pace Edwards is cool with the mod, and now the tailgate shuts perfectly, with a 1/16" clearance:

Sierra%201500%202_zpsakyokwqq.png

Here she is with GMC Factory Mudguards installed. They fit perfectly.

Sierra%201500%201_zps15suwjkn.png

Edited by 4x4LJB
  • Like 1

I went with the Retrax Pro MX. Like others have said, just leaks a little around the top of the tailgate while pressure washing or heavy downpour. I have the bed rhino lined so it helped seal the sides of the tailgate.

Read all 72 pages and as some have already said I am even more undecided on which cover to invest in.

I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 High Country.

I am looking for a hard foldable cover that is really secure and weatherproof for the most part.

Don't mind paying extra for quality. I was looking at BakFlips but seems they have security issues.

Any opinions on Leers? Any other brand recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Anybody have the Extang Solid Fold 2.0? If so, what are the pros and cons?

Thanks in advance and happy truckin!

I have it. It is a nice lightweight cover and it sits on top so does not need a rail installed.

It is fairly rain resistant with some incursion at the bulkhead and tailgate sides.

These can be addressed with an additional gasket on the front rail and a tailgate seal, but rain is not a big issue for me in So Cal so it works fine as is.

I've had mine for a bout 4 months now and very happy with it.

My first impression write up is here. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156645-2014-truck-bed-tonneau-covers/page-60?do=findComment&comment=1670434

A con could be that the first section does not pivot up, so 1/3 of your bed will be covered unless you remove the lid by un clamping the front section. This is not an issue for me.

Edited by crewl1

Read all 72 pages and as some have already said I am even more undecided on which cover to invest in.

I am looking for a hard foldable cover that is really secure and weatherproof for the most part.

Don't mind paying extra for quality. I was looking at BakFlips but seems they have security issues.

I installed the Leer Trilogy beginning of this month and I have no complaints. But like others, water comes in around the tailgate (I had. 2005 Silverado with and Extang cover and did the sametging until I sealed the tailgate), I plan on putting the tailgate seal on onthe spring when temps are warmer.

A friend of mine has the Extang Solid Fold 2.0 on his truck and has no complaints.

How about an Extang Solid Fold 2.0? It's a hard folding cover with no pull cords. But, it's not a low profile cover. There's the FoldACover G4 Elite, but long term durability is questionable.

Has anyone tried installing the carpet liner when the bed has had a spray liner

A spray liner doesn't add much thickness so I would expect it should fit. If the bed rug uses Velcro strips you wil probably have to use some additional adhesive since the 3m tape doesn't stay on the bumpy liner surface well.

Edited by crewl1

I currently have a Pace Edwards Switchblade which hasn't fit correctly since day one. With the need to now have a waterproof bed its time to get a solid tonneau cover. I've settled on the Undercover Elite but not sure if the painted version is worth the 400 upcharge. My truck is black so wondering if anyone has an non-painted one on a black Silverado. I haven't been able to locate any pictures online of a newer Black Silverado with the standard Undercover Elite.

Please post pics if anyone has this combo.

Thanks

I currently have a Pace Edwards Switchblade which hasn't fit correctly since day one. With the need to now have a waterproof bed its time to get a solid tonneau cover. I've settled on the Undercover Elite but not sure if the painted version is worth the 400 upcharge. My truck is black so wondering if anyone has an non-painted one on a black Silverado. I haven't been able to locate any pictures online of a newer Black Silverado with the standard Undercover Elite.

Please post pics if anyone has this combo.

Thanks

Don't have pics, but I saw one on the road last week and it looked fine. It is somewhat glossy, just not an exact color match. On thought...if you need it to be waterproof, don't forget to seal the bed or at least seal the tailgate.

I sealed the tailgate but still get lots of water along the sides. Since I have a BedRug installed it takes a long time for the water to dry up. When we travel we have to wrap our luggage in plastic bag in case we hit a rainstorm so its time to upgrade. I rarely carry tall items but since the Undercover comes off quickly I will have that flexibility I went ahead and ordered a painted Elite LX from AutoAnything today which should arrive sometime next week. I will post up some pics once it arrives.

• Like 1

I think the G4 Elite is perfect for your situation. Its s one of the best folding covers with access at the front and rear and it locks as well. I had one on my last truck and it was great. With that being said for my 2014 I went with the Retrax Pro MX. I love it and it looks awesome and very secure.