What have you done to your K2 today?

Took the truck to the dealership.  Got a check engine light, stabilitrak light and reduced engine power.  Called the dealer I bought it from and they told me they couldn't get it in until next week. Called another dealer and they said they could look at it tomorrow morning so I took it to them.  

• Sad 1

297950ecd2cde021539a7e237154c9b2.jpg

Painted the step inserts
Picture was a wet paint pic
Once it dried up it matched, i did a couple layers of plastidip first so i can peel everything off later if i want to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never woulda thought of that. Granted I have a black truck but looks great man

• Like 3

[mention=190938]14cris[/mention] have you done the paint over Plasti Dip thing before? I’ve wondered if that works? Paint sticks to it and lasts? Any sanding/prep required on the dip before paint? And if it peals off like regular dip? THANKS 

Yes ive done it on just about everything
You just have to make sure the plastidip
Layers are enough so that they can peel off
Easily, i dont sand anything because thats the purpose of plastidip so if i go back to stock its all
Good again

Never woulda thought of that. Granted I have a black truck but looks great man

Thanks, i want to paint the tailgate handle but its just so much work to take it apart and put it back together

• Like 1

Can anyone on here confirm if the 07-13 models have the same tailgate as our 14+ models?
Im ordering an ss style wing and the description says its for 2007-2014 but that seems kind of odd

2 hours ago, 14cris said:

Can anyone on here confirm if the 07-13 models have the same tailgate as our 14+ models?
Im ordering an ss style wing and the description says its for 2007-2014 but that seems kind of odd

On Autoparts warehouse website, they are NOT the same. 2007-2013 use the same but even then some had the easy open torshun bar assist and some didn’t. The WT has a different end cap too. 2014 started a new tailgate. Do I know for a fact? No, just a quick search on Google shows this information but it makes sense since that’s the typical grouping of like item parts per generation of said vehicles. I guess there might be a chance of the oddity out there but I think your suspicions are good ones.

8 hours ago, 14cris said:

Yes ive done it on just about everything
You just have to make sure the plastidip
Layers are enough so that they can peel off
Easily, i dont sand anything because thats the purpose of plastidip so if i go back to stock its all
Good again

Cool THANKS, I’m very familiar with dipping. I didn’t know if you ruffed up the dip before you shoot paint over it to help the paint stick to the dip but sounds like no need to.

I would guess that spoiler says 014 cause the 3/4 and 1 tonners were still the old style body in 14 they didn’t change till 015

Edited by wforrest08

Cool THANKS, I’m very familiar with dipping. I didn’t know if you ruffed up the dip before you shoot paint over it to help the paint stick to the dip but sounds like no need to.

I would guess that spoiler says 014 cause the 3/4 and 1 tonners were still the old style body in 14 they didn’t change till 015

Plastidip has that rough feeling anyways if you wipe your hand on it, ive never sanded dip before because i wouldnt want to cut down on the layers and it become hard to remove later
Ive always just painted over it and clear coated for best results works really good, just make sure you clean and prep surfaces before you dip it cause if you have any amount of moisture man plastidip comes right off after a while

On Autoparts warehouse website, they are NOT the same. 2007-2013 use the same but even then some had the easy open torshun bar assist and some didn’t. The WT has a different end cap too. 2014 started a new tailgate. Do I know for a fact? No, just a quick search on Google shows this information but it makes sense since that’s the typical grouping of like item parts per generation of said vehicles. I guess there might be a chance of the oddity out there but I think your suspicions are good ones.

That sucks!! Cause i dont want to trust this dealer and get ripped off but at the same time they have a really good rating lol

On 12/11/2018 at 8:01 PM, Crazyjoker77 said:

The mounts in the pictures you quoted are the Zroadz LED.  Not my truck, I can't see forking over 180$us+shipping for mounts.

https://www.zroadz.com/product/zroadz_z361221_hood_hinges_bracket_mounts_2015_2018_chevy_silverado_25003500_gmc_sierra

The ones I bought are just universal mounts SKTYANTS part# X001SF0L33 although now im seeing them all over the place amazon/ebay/aliexpress ranging from 10-30$ for a pair.  I did'nt know if they would work on the silverado's but at under 20$ it was worth ordering and checking out.  Wanted to see if they would even work and just ordered some lights now that I know they will.

https://www.amazon.com/lightronic-Universal-Bracket-Stainless-Offroad/dp/B073VK4FNG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544579620&sr=8-3&keywords=hood+mount

yes!! please let us know when you get the lights on...they look pretty secure.. this would be my route vs the brackets~.. what lights are you going with?

also.. i have the led bar wired up already.. i was thinking this route, and tap into the existing wire's of the bar.. that way i can put all 3 on using my homlink, how i have it setup now.

gonna look cool Crazy!

25 minutes ago, 14cris said:

That sucks!! Cause i dont want to trust this dealer and get ripped off but at the same time they have a really good rating lol

Well I’d call them. I’m not familiar with how that Wing mounts so it may work just fine. If they have a good rating then it may just be a simple shim or a direct mount. Email or call them, if nothing else you’d be doing them a favor for pointing out an error on their website and heck they may reward you for pointing that out with discount on any order?? Can’t hurt either way you go.

36 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I had to google "Silverado wing". All I can say is........:lol:

Awe Shakey...that wing looks better than say...fender flares ? I’m just messing with you! Your truck looks bada$$ but it’s gonna take a lot more than a wing to make me chuckle...

D4154C32-0DD2-49A4-92D6-43F5C4CDA356.jpeg