What have you done to your K2 today?

Hey, the wing looks pretty good on a slammed truck, I'll give you that.......

Shakey

Omg here we go again
Dude you got flares but no offset! Or even a need for flares, flares only look good on trucks with some offset or with some aggressive tires you sir have neither
All you got going for you is an “ok” color other than that every redneck and their cousin has a truck like yours buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08df5c883ead4c8c6d3d85bb63d76635.jpg77fb91f842018f22c3c42ef446af9659.jpg

This is the wing im talking about
Its on the truck for the owner of da drop shop in texas a very popular builder
I think it looks good and his truck isnt that much lower than mine
Either

• Like 2

I put1/4" RC spacers in the front.  Unlike my 15, the same lift rubbed the a arm a bit.  I was hoping it would make the front wheels not look so sucked in also.  Well it doesn't rub anymore, and can kinda tell a bit of diff in looks.  No vibrations, no rubbing, I'm good with it.

21 minutes ago, 14cris said:

Ok this may sound dumb but
How do you wire extra lights on the homelink? Man ive been researching but couldnt find any solid results

Use one of these in your harness for the light(s) you want to control. There’s dozens of companies that make them all kinds of prices then program the Homelink button(s) with the remote just like a garage door opener. I say buttons cause everybody that I’ve seen done requires one button for “ON” and one for “OFF”. I’m trying to find somebody that has found a transmitter that will use one button for both on & off if I find it I’ll let you know as I only have one Homelink button to spare.

https://www.amazon.com/Totron-Controller-Wireless-Multiple-Patterns/dp/B00UR2DIRI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544736757&sr=8-1&keywords=totron+light+bar+controller

Also I forget what frequency range the Homelink works on but I think someone found a transmitter that was outside that range and wouldn’t program.

• Like 1

Use one of these in your harness for the light(s) you want to control. There’s dozens of companies that make them all kinds of prices then program the Homelink button(s) with the remote just like a garage door opener. I say buttons cause everybody that I’ve seen done requires one button for “ON” and one for “OFF”. I’m trying to find somebody that has found a transmitter that will use one button for both on & off if I find it I’ll let you know as I only have one Homelink button to spare.

https://www.amazon.com/Totron-Controller-Wireless-Multiple-Patterns/dp/B00UR2DIRI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544736757&sr=8-1&keywords=totron+light+bar+controller

Also I forget what frequency range the Homelink works on but I think someone found a transmitter that was outside that range and wouldn’t program.

Thats crazy!! Too bad itll take up 2 of my homelink buttons away
But it sorta plays out well 1 for my house garage the other 2 for the hidden behind the grill light bar!!

7 hours ago, Crstfr said:

yes!! please let us know when you get the lights on...they look pretty secure.. this would be my route vs the brackets~.. what lights are you going with?

also.. i have the led bar wired up already.. i was thinking this route, and tap into the existing wire's of the bar.. that way i can put all 3 on using my homlink, how i have it setup now.

gonna look cool Crazy!

Got a Chinese vendor to send me a couple sets of these(free) that I'm gonna try out.  I like how they look as there pretty low profile.  Its got 6D optic which should work good for my application.  I already have a 20" 90W in the bull bar on the front of my truck and 2x 72W 12" on the sport bar so I have no shortage of forward facing white lights.  I plan on having these canted 30°-40° which should light up ditches better.  

HTB16OuFFL5TBuNjSspcq6znGFXag.jpg

HTB1biPZFH1YBuNjSszeq6yblFXan.jpg

As for control My first mod to the truck was installing the factory upfitter switches.  As it sits now I have it set so

Sw1- makes all the lights come on with the highbeams.  (an absolute must)

SW2- Flood light (bull bar)

SW3- Spot lights (sport bar mounted)

SW4- Rock lights.

But with the new set of lights I don't really need the different lights on separate switches so I'm probably going to go with

SW1- highbeam overide

SW2- Forward facing white

SW3- (spare) maybe add some rear facing lights.

SW4- Rock lights

I'm not a very big fan of the homelink accesory modules.  You have to use 2 buttons one for on and one to turn them off.  There is also a slight delay and you don't get a indicator light like the upfitter switches have.(although you really shouldn't need a indicator light for forward facing white lights...)

Even though I only put my new exhaust tip on 2 days ago I thought it was a little small at only 3.5" so I ordered this guy which is 4.25"

617fKM6s39L._SL1337_.jpg

And also ordered 50Ft of JET black exhaust wrap to cover the ugly factory exhaust pipe that's visible. ( its usually used on motorbike exhaust and headers but I think it will look good on the back of the truck.

heat-shieldings-exhaust-wrap-graphite-bl

• Like 2

Finished up the grill install video last night and edited some “glamour” shots. Had a little run in with local police (local guy has been trespassing/hunting near by, they thought I was him) when I was taking pictures of the truck but all is good, they were cool guys just doing their job.

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

Got mine back today too. Towed in at 243 miles for a no start Sunday morning. On the way home from the dealer the"Best Mileage Indicator" in the DIC went from 21.7 to three dots....

Looks like I'll be posting lots about this new truck,,,,,, Dammit !!

1 hour ago, Enough said:

Got mine back today too. Towed in at 243 miles for a no start Sunday morning. On the way home from the dealer the"Best Mileage Indicator" in the DIC went from 21.7 to three dots....

Looks like I'll be posting lots about this new truck,,,,,, Dammit !!

Did it do that as you were driving home? I know when I bought mine I swapped out the cluster with a Denali cluster and it took right at 50 miles to re-register the Best Mileage from the three dots...maybe they reset something but if it happened while you were driving...ummmm ? 

Edited by SS502

On 12/11/2018 at 11:57 PM, 300 Blackout said:

Do you have a part number? I can’t find a pre-axle side exit exhaust in T304. Nothing other than aluminized steel is in the $500 price range and most of their stainless products use T409.

Good price!

• Like 1