What have you done to your K2 today?

Day of test fitting of random stuff I impulse bought amazon with doing no reasearch.

25$ exhaust tip...

Way nicer than what I was expecting.  Its double walled with rolled tip and internal baffling/resonator.  2.8" inlet 3.5"out 10" long

Just slipped over the factory exhaust.

yjAS0PX.jpg

After the cuts. ( you can see the scrap piece on the ground for how much I cut off.)  I'm kinda torn on positioning. When I look at it from the back I think it should stick out more but when viewed from above I think I should tuck it in more....

paMbqtG.jpg

psKZ3kG.jpg

Another Impulse buy that I had no clue if it was going to work but I'm very happy.  I've been wanting to buy the Zroads hinge light brackets but have a hard time swallowing their asking price and no other company seems to make anything for the silverados/sierra.  I guess all the searching for them made amazon recommend these to me.  I got this pair of brackets for 12$cad shipped with amazon prime.  Other sellers on their were asking 28$ for a pair but even at that they are a steal.

Again I haven't seen any feedback on them, nor have I seen anyone use them.  I honestly wasn't expecting much and did'nt even order lights for them yet.  These things.  They are made entirely out of stainless steel and include a silcone cover that that goes over any parts that touch the paint.  Even included 2 allen keys each.  They work very well with out trucks and could be mounted pretty much anywhere around the hood.  I'm Gonna give them a shot of black paint before I permenetly install them as well as probably move them closer to the outside edge.

bcV2hc0.jpg

9CtMUTa.jpg

TmwmVHz.jpg

MBgD0U9.jpg

Also got some Husky Rear fender liners that I quickly test fit before I start cutting them up to fit rock lights.  Happy with those too pics will be coming.  They are way thicker than the stock ones...

Probably not everyone's fav grille. But next to the hd conversion. It is my favorite grille.  It's simple and clean. It just came in today. I'll put it on this weekend and post a pic. I've been putting off purchasing the grille ever since I replaced the oem grille emblem. Lots of work just to pull the grille. Well, time consuming. 

Screenshot_20181211-161307_Instagram.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 17gmclowlow said:

Probably not everyone's fav grille. But next to the hd conversion. It is my favorite grille.  It's simple and clean. It just came in today. I'll put it on this weekend and post a pic. I've been putting off purchasing the grille ever since I replaced the oem grille emblem. Lots of work just to pull the grille. Well, time consuming. 

Screenshot_20181211-161307_Instagram.jpg

I really wish they kept the 14-15 style denali grille as it's personally my fave design. Love the gloss black though.

3 minutes ago, Penguin VII said:

I really wish they kept the 14-15 style denali grille as it's personally my fave design. Love the gloss black though.

Odd enough, I'd have to agree with you. My buddy has a 14 and I love it. It is what made me want a sierra. I chose the 17 because it front end is sexy to me. But 100% have to agree that the 14 grille is one good looking classic grille.

46 minutes ago, Crazyjoker77 said:

Day of test fitting of random stuff I impulse bought amazon with doing no reasearch.

25$ exhaust tip...

Way nicer than what I was expecting.  Its double walled with rolled tip and internal baffling/resonator.  2.8" inlet 3.5"out 10" long

Just slipped over the factory exhaust.

yjAS0PX.jpg

After the cuts. ( you can see the scrap piece on the ground for how much I cut off.)  I'm kinda torn on positioning. When I look at it from the back I think it should stick out more but when viewed from above I think I should tuck it in more....

paMbqtG.jpg

psKZ3kG.jpg

Another Impulse buy that I had no clue if it was going to work but I'm very happy.  I've been wanting to buy the Zroads hinge light brackets but have a hard time swallowing their asking price and no other company seems to make anything for the silverados/sierra.  I guess all the searching for them made amazon recommend these to me.  I got this pair of brackets for 12$cad shipped with amazon prime.  Other sellers on their were asking 28$ for a pair but even at that they are a steal.

Again I haven't seen any feedback on them, nor have I seen anyone use them.  I honestly wasn't expecting much and did'nt even order lights for them yet.  These things.  They are made entirely out of stainless steel and include a silcone cover that that goes over any parts that touch the paint.  Even included 2 allen keys each.  They work very well with out trucks and could be mounted pretty much anywhere around the hood.  I'm Gonna give them a shot of black paint before I permenetly install them as well as probably move them closer to the outside edge.

bcV2hc0.jpg

9CtMUTa.jpg

TmwmVHz.jpg

MBgD0U9.jpg

Also got some Husky Rear fender liners that I quickly test fit before I start cutting them up to fit rock lights.  Happy with those too pics will be coming.  They are way thicker than the stock ones...

Please forgive my ignorance but what are those brackets used for? Not familiar with them. Oh and I think your exhaust tip is sitting just right for my taste ?

Edited by SS502

2 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Please forgive my ignorance but what are those brackets used for? Not familiar with them. 

There most commonly used to install "Ditch Lights" but could be used for CB antenna, whip markers, or even to mount a full size lightbar between a pair of them.

b1dd8e8ad715561c347993dc3b338f19.jpg

075b42f5d6ab487f2930cadef09aa3ba.jpg

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Crazyjoker77 said:

There most commonly used to install "Ditch Lights" but could be used for CB antenna, whip markers, or even to mount a full size lightbar between a pair of them.

Ahhhh, thank you very much!

I moved my PA speaker into my grille. I had it in my spare battery tray but I needed to move it to make room for the second battery I’m installing. I’m about half way done with the battery install. Im not sure how I feel about the look of the PA in the grille, but it’s definitely louder than when it was in the engine bay. 

3A1B2EDF-439B-4054-A42F-E978D168D95B.thumb.jpeg.089f81818c9a0e8120535132b2f04856.jpeg

Built a 2" rear seat lift today. 2" square tubing 1/8" wall. 20-1/2"x1.5" bolts with lock washers and nuts. I welded the bolt so it acts just like the factory studs. Did have to cut about 1/2" off the factory seat studs so I could get my ratcheting wrench over the factory studs. If you lift the seat all the way up, you can fold the backrest down too.

My purpose for this was to gain room for 2 big 8" subs, and I'll have some storage on the drivers side as well.

20181211_190344.jpg

20181211_145655.jpg

20181211_145607.jpg

• Like 2

What brand are those mounts? How does it look at night with the lights on from the driver seat? I’ve been wanting something like that.

Side note.... im gonna get so much hate for putting these on even tho I lowered my truck.... but I work in rock quarry at the early AM soooo I kinda need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, CajunFries said:

What brand are those mounts? How does it look at night with the lights on from the driver seat? I’ve been wanting something like that.

Side note.... im gonna get so much hate for putting these on even tho I lowered my truck.... but I work in rock quarry at the early AM soooo I kinda need it.

The mounts in the pictures you quoted are the Zroadz LED.  Not my truck, I can't see forking over 180$us+shipping for mounts.

https://www.zroadz.com/product/zroadz_z361221_hood_hinges_bracket_mounts_2015_2018_chevy_silverado_25003500_gmc_sierra

The ones I bought are just universal mounts SKTYANTS part# X001SF0L33 although now im seeing them all over the place amazon/ebay/aliexpress ranging from 10-30$ for a pair.  I did'nt know if they would work on the silverado's but at under 20$ it was worth ordering and checking out.  Wanted to see if they would even work and just ordered some lights now that I know they will.

https://www.amazon.com/lightronic-Universal-Bracket-Stainless-Offroad/dp/B073VK4FNG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544579620&sr=8-3&keywords=hood+mount

• Like 1

The mounts in the pictures you quoted are the Zroadz LED.  Not my truck, I can't see forking over 180$us+shipping for mounts.

https://www.zroadz.com/product/zroadz_z361221_hood_hinges_bracket_mounts_2015_2018_chevy_silverado_25003500_gmc_sierra

The ones I bought are just universal mounts SKTYANTS part# X001SF0L33 although now im seeing them all over the place amazon/ebay/aliexpress ranging from 10-30$ for a pair.  I did'nt know if they would work on the silverado's but at under 20$ it was worth ordering and checking out.  Wanted to see if they would even work and just ordered some lights now that I know they will.

https://www.amazon.com/lightronic-Universal-Bracket-Stainless-Offroad/dp/B073VK4FNG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544579620&sr=8-3&keywords=hood+mount

Ahhhhhhhh

Thank you!

Installed the MBRP side exhaust on my brother in laws silverado. Not going to lie sort of jealous, t304 and side exit for $500 is s west deal.

dca19ada7368d4bad534a16b6d8dc962.jpg

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

Do you have a part number? I can’t find a pre-axle side exit exhaust in T304. Nothing other than aluminized steel is in the $500 price range and most of their stainless products use T409.

Do you have a part number? I can’t find a pre-axle side exit exhaust in T304. Nothing other than aluminized steel is in the $500 price range and most of their stainless products use T409.

He bought it on Black Friday from Autoanything. It was $500 something and he went into the chat box and asked for their absolute best and final price (I do this all the time at Autoanything, worse they can say is no).

http://mbrpexhauststore.com/3-cat-back-pre-axle-dual-outlet-t304-1500-silverado-sierra-4-3l-v6-5-3l-v8-with-one-piece-driveshaft-2009-up/

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork