What have you done to your K2 today?

I did rear brake bar (led under tailgate) with curt harness (so wires are plugged in behind bumper not in front tapped middle wire on 7 pin for back up light and did black "Z" overlays on z71 door sill plates covering the red "Z" to match truck and did steering wheel overlay this week as well

20181204_165853.jpg

• Like 2

Here is the curt 55384 harness used to hook up rear led brake bar, plugs in to back of factory harness block and plug other end into connection that was into back of the block. Now plug the 4 pin into the led light bar and splice the reverse wire into the middle wire on this harness. Pretty simple and all wires hid under truck behind bumper, no more plugging into the front of the bumper. This was 25 bucks on amazon

On 12/5/2018 at 11:57 AM, 14 Silvy said:

I had the console from previous truck had bought from dealer for 550.00 4yrs ago. Phil made me a harness to connect it to the factory wiring in my 18 for 150.00 the console is from a 14.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would love to do this to mine, i have a 17 z71 what years will work when shopping for a console?

2 hours ago, cbrsilv15 said:

bdd23a7aa7a401af408d5cee2406c06b.jpg

Finally got her oil sprayed this year. I’m lucky that I had enough cardboard to cover under the truck for a few days. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is that?

Oil spray with a mix of bar lube and hydraulic oil. Covers all the underside metal and coats it, preventing salt from eating away stuff over the winter.

Its 20* here today so he had to heat the mix up and thin it out. Go on a lift and go crazy spraying everything. He did all my door jambs, inside the door skins and all under the hood. It’s super messy and will slowly drip off for a week or so. Thank you Ohio. Lol

Edited by cbrsilv15

.. gave the truck it's first oil change today.. gotta admit I was shocked at just how black that stuff was at 4500km already! ..considering the dealer maintenance interval is 8000km and the oil life monitor is reading 63% remaining.. don't even want to guess what that oil would've looked like at the recommended mileage.. kinda glad I always double up the oil change interval for the first few oil changes on a new engine.

.. on a side note I ordered 4 AC Delco OEM oil filters from Rock Auto today for about the same price as I paid for 1 at the dealer today $$$.

I finally got my winter tires on.

265/70R17 Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT LT wrapped around 17x8 0 offset ATX AX 185.

I have not driven it yet, but in the garage, clearance looks fine.

744281bd444c6f277d90fad8ca8f1550.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk