What have you done to your K2 today?

17 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

What do u mean didn’t come with corner protectors? I have 2014 but it’s not the original bed had bed damage from by tail light and rear wheel well area so they swapped my bed before I bought it bought from the auction fixed then sold to me

The newer models came from the factory with black plastic stick on cab and front lower bed corner protectors. Earlier K2s did not.

Any of you 2016 and up owners know what i am talking about or have pictures of yours on the truck?

6 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Mine has that piece I think ? yeah it does, so my bed might be from a 2016? It also has the factory cargo light in the bed

12641187-7C12-45FC-8DA0-26F08A295819.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

They will fit any K2 so it is possible your bed is newer or they were stuck on after the fact LOL

Well the bed was swapped I asked my friend if he knew what year it was from he didn’t remember but that good to know I doubt he added them just to add them, he doesn’t like to add aftermarket stuff to the trucks he sells (unless it already been done before he’s purchased it)

Took the horrible plastic "shield" off and put actual skid plates under the truck!  I had ripped the plastic guard and I take my truck off the pavement quite often.  It's crazy that a 4x4 truck does not come with metal skid plates and has a plastic 'shield" under there!

Ordered the GM parts off Ebay.  Three piece kit that came with the differential plate as well.  I feel a lot better now going off pavement.

IMG_20191011_174504081.jpg

IMG_20191011_174522229.jpg

• Like 5

Took the horrible plastic "shield" off and put actual skid plates under the truck!  [snip]
Ordered the GM parts off Ebay.  Three piece kit that came with the differential plate as well.  I feel a lot better now going off pavement.

I need to do the same thing. Do you know the GM part number for these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Granite7 said:

I need to do the same thing. Do you know the GM part number for these?

Yes, the kit part number is: 23176881

This is the ebay listing that I ordered from.  Came in original GM packaging.  It's a dealer in Panama City, FL.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/271607751458

This is the two piece that will replace the plastic guard and then the transfer case shield as well.  Make sure the kit comes with the tapered bolts.  The holes for the transfer case plate are not threaded already and you need the bolts from GM to work properly.

post-140022-0-65731000-1466484935.jpg

Edited by Praedator
  • Like 4

I never though I’d swear at a little piece of vinyl so much.... I have a new found appreciation for people who wrap cars. ac64107641e413ffc593c76767420ed4.jpge9ee9b879cb3f40eb18ffe03aec9bfd6.jpg

Mix a solution of water and dawn soap. Just enough to make a little suds. Spray that on both surfaces. It'll go on with ease with no bubbles if smoothed of from the middle.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Mix a solution of water and dawn soap. Just enough to make a little suds. Spray that on both surfaces. It'll go on with ease with no bubbles if smoothed of from the middle.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Tried that, unfortunately the curve at the top of the trim and the thickness of the vinyl were working against each other. I’m guessing that works better with thinner vinyl that bends a little easier.