What have you done to your K2 today?

Tried that, unfortunately the curve at the top of the trim and the thickness of the vinyl were working against each other. I’m guessing that works better with thinner vinyl that bends a little easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Borrow wifies blow drier. That will soften the vinyl.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Decided to “rebadge” the truck. Removed the Silverado letters and Z71 Decals and installed blacked out Z71 Badges on the doors. Gives it a totally different, CLEAN look. [emoji106][emoji1786]d73fde4305802781f2ff7a1f8c01dda4.jpgd73fde4305802781f2ff7a1f8c01dda4.jpgbb205079dab2ede9a043c4e9b02ed259.jpgab001f6dd2ee7be4f0a1aa66c9f6751c.jpg

• Like 5

Tried that, unfortunately the curve at the top of the trim and the thickness of the vinyl were working against each other. I’m guessing that works better with thinner vinyl that bends a little easier.

Would it have been easier if you removed the trim?

What are you using to wash the truck?

Dewalt 3400 PSI power washer. Mostly chemical guys stuff - soap, dressing. Amazon foam canon.

• Like 1

Dewalt 3400 PSI power washer. Mostly chemical guys stuff - soap, dressing. Amazon foam canon.

Ah right on. I like how the chem guys stuff smells. Does a great job aswell.

• Like 1

I started to replace my rotors and pads with upgrades from EBC. As with everything it didn't go smoothly. I struggled to find the brake pad clips in stock at any local parts store. Of course no one had ACDelco in stock so that left me with some aftermarket option (brake best). I should have just waited and bought some OEM clips and boots but I was too eager to get this wrapped up. The metal clips fit nicely, although didn't seem to have as firm a grip as the OEM ones, I didn't pay it too much mind but once I put the pads in I couldn't get the pads to not tough the rotors, I messed around with the clips themselves and obviously they are the most cheap metal possible, there is zero spring to them so if I left them as is they would almost surely squeak and wear prematurely. So now I've got to try and get some OEM boots and clips Monday to try and wrap this up. Word to the wise, don't use brake best if you undertake this, they are crap product.

Hard to tell but the right pad has almost full contact with the rotor.

20191013_154746.thumb.jpg.8c5067950fd214f6cadfb77a52a07fdd.jpg

On the plus side everything is lining up well

20191013_154736.thumb.jpg.d74df792399576308427df93d5041766.jpg

They also look pretty nice, enjoy the black, even if they are pretty small for the wheel size (20")

20191013_155148.thumb.jpg.6339ba605c30997096ba58f16dcb1a9a.jpg

Also, ignore the missing hub, I just threw the wheel back on until tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Penguin VII said:

I started to replace my rotors and pads with upgrades from EBC. As with everything it didn't go smoothly. I struggled to find the brake pad clips in stock at any local parts store. Of course no one had ACDelco in stock so that left me with some aftermarket option (brake best). I should have just waited and bought some OEM clips and boots but I was too eager to get this wrapped up. The metal clips fit nicely, although didn't seem to have as firm a grip as the OEM ones, I didn't pay it too much mind but once I put the pads in I couldn't get the pads to not tough the rotors, I messed around with the clips themselves and obviously they are the most cheap metal possible, there is zero spring to them so if I left them as is they would almost surely squeak and wear prematurely. So now I've got to try and get some OEM boots and clips Monday to try and wrap this up. Word to the wise, don't use brake best if you undertake this, they are crap product.

Hard to tell but the right pad has almost full contact with the rotor.

20191013_154746.thumb.jpg.8c5067950fd214f6cadfb77a52a07fdd.jpg

On the plus side everything is lining up well

20191013_154736.thumb.jpg.d74df792399576308427df93d5041766.jpg

They also look pretty nice, enjoy the black, even if they are pretty small for the wheel size (20")

20191013_155148.thumb.jpg.6339ba605c30997096ba58f16dcb1a9a.jpg

Also, ignore the missing hub, I just threw the wheel back on until tomorrow.

I think it’s normal for pads to lightly drag on the rotors. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, paumat said:

I think it’s normal for pads to lightly drag on the rotors. 

That may be true, but the metal has zero sprint in the clips. I almost snapped a piece off as I was trying to adjust it. Didn't have that issue with the OEM clips.

.. got rear air bags in and got some driving time on them now.. ride seems to feel like a little more bounce to it.. running with around 10psi. Not impressed with the fit & finish of this Air Lift kit at all and the drivers side bracket had a slight bend/twist to it so the bag doesn't sit plumb.. no issue with the passenger side. Now the fun part to work issue with Air Lift next week to see if they stand behind their warranty. I chose Air Lift sure to their small footprint and their lifetime warranty on the entire package.. bags & brackets.

20191013_204831.jpg

• Like 3

.. got rear air bags in and got some driving time on them now.. ride seems to feel like a little more bounce to it.. running with around 10psi. Not impressed with the fit & finish of this Air Lift kit at all and the drivers side bracket had a slight bend/twist to it so the bag doesn't sit plumb.. no issue with the passenger side. Now the fun part to work issue with Air Lift next week to see if they stand behind their warranty. I chose Air Lift sure to their small footprint and their lifetime warranty on the entire package.. bags & brackets.

20191013_204831.jpg.8394ba3a5aaff7cbb91b675506cd184e.jpg

Both my Air Lift and Ride Rite have a twist on the driver side. Idk why.... tried redo it twice and came out the same. I found that on empty bed, I’m okay with 3-4 psi. I just connect the two sides together. And separate them when I’m towing/hauling.