What have you done to your K2 today?

23 minutes ago, slj2008 said:

How hard is the installed of the Illuminated BowTie  ???

it's not hard you just have to pull the grill off, take off the original bow tie, drill a oblong shaped hole in the center of the plastic to feed the wire and shaft thru, then connect the wire harness to the drivers side headlight harness, I then drilled a small hole in the back of the grill plastic to ziptie the wire harness in place so it's not dangling, then put the grill back on.

tip: *** check the polarity of the harness before you insert the tips of the wire into the supplied harness, if you get it backwards it wont work. 

48 minutes ago, doubeleive said:

it's not hard you just have to pull the grill off, take off the original bow tie, drill a oblong shaped hole in the center of the plastic to feed the wire and shaft thru, then connect the wire harness to the drivers side headlight harness, I then drilled a small hole in the back of the grill plastic to ziptie the wire harness in place so it's not dangling, then put the grill back on.

tip: *** check the polarity of the harness before you insert the tips of the wire into the supplied harness, if you get it backwards it wont work. 

Thank You

2 hours ago, slj2008 said:

How hard is the installed of the Illuminated BowTie  ???

2 hours ago, doubeleive said:

I drilled a standard round hole, just have to off-center it accordingly for your new bow tie.

• Like 2

I drilled a standard round hole, just have to off-center it accordingly for your new bow tie.

To quote all of you and add another pro tip either drill a smaller hole for the two wires to go through and feed the wires into the small harness or you'll have to drill a much bigger hole for that 2 pronged plug... ask me how I know.. I wasnt thinking when I pre made the harness and wrapped the bare bowtie wires in Tesa tape. I dont have a picture of how bad my hole looked cause I was ashamed but if yall are really interested I'll see what I can do lol

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, VanguardK2 said:

To quote all of you and add another pro tip either drill a smaller hole for the two wires to go through and feed the wires into the small harness or you'll have to drill a much bigger hole for that 2 pronged plug... ask me how I know.. I wasnt thinking when I pre made the harness and wrapped the bare bowtie wires in Tesa tape. I dont have a picture of how bad my hole looked cause I was ashamed but if yall are really interested I'll see what I can do lol

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

that's sort of why I had to make mine oblong, didn't want the wires pinched, i didn't put the connector on but i think I had the hole centered incorrectly

Edited by doubeleive

8 minutes ago, CajunFries said:

6b973e15e43d8eadaf205ce7c58053dc.jpg

Got errrrr innnnnn!!!! I love it!!!!! I was hoping it would be a bit brighter tho....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it could probably take more voltage but you would have to get a step up converter

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WaterProof-DC-12V-to-16V-3A-48W-STEP-UP-Power-Converter-Regulator/291281787214?hash=item43d1bf594e:g:YjwAAOSw-vlVjmRL

• Like 1

Lol tempting.... but nah imma leave it. Thanks tho!

Just now, CajunFries said:

Lol tempting.... but nah imma leave it. Thanks tho!

it is tempting, it's a led so it wouldn't take much amperage at all a small converter would do it, it's got me thinking I could add on some 24v led fogs just as well, a lot of 12v aftermarket lights will work with 24v golf carts and stuff so it wouldn't be hard to do, meh someday when i'm bored.

Converted to LED bulbs on the rear; cargo, 3rd brake light, reverse, and license plate lights. Went with DiodeDynamics as I've had good success with their product and am a repeat customer from my Charger. I'd say they're super bright, not as bright as some extreme eBay LEDs out there but definitely loving the change to a solid, pure white over the old bulbs.

• Like 2

Rerouted the Illuminated Bow Tie harness on my truck this morning, before going to work.  I didn't like the way I ran it when I installed it a few weeks ago. ? When I tore it apart, I found out that I had to do some wire repair, too, both the white and the black wire had chaffed a little. ? I originally had the union between the two halves "clipped" to the truck frame, and later decided that if anyone takes off the grill and didn't realize it was done that way, they could easily damage either the light or the connector.  Found a video, this last weekend, while I was sick ?, that ran the main part of the harness along the same route with the hood release. ? Took photos of the original route and the new route, will post them when I get home from work tonight, or before I go to work tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 3