What have you done to your K2 today?

16 hours ago, JesseSPI said:

Just installed the new amp xtreme steps. I’m happy with them.

Tempted to go the Amp route but also do like the look of physically deployed steps. Still going back and forth... hear horror stories in the Rust Belt about these seizing up and/or freezing the motor on cold, wet, icy days.

15 hours ago, xSHIFTxNASTYx said:

Tempted to go the Amp route but also do like the look of physically deployed steps. Still going back and forth... hear horror stories in the Rust Belt about these seizing up and/or freezing the motor on cold, wet, icy days.

I hear you. I took a while to decide. I originally was thinking about the RBP power steps because of the dual motors in them and then these new amp Xtreme steps came out. Supposedly these are the answer to the previous failures in that they have dual motors to power through being frozen but time will tell I’ll keep you posted. 

• Like 1

when I bought this truck it had already been lowered, I fixed some stuff that I found when I first bought it that the careless previous owner or installer overlooked, I thought I was all set, today I hit a speed bump kind of hard and bam abs/service traction/service trailer brake came on, thought I had maybe broke the trailer brake controller, got under it and and found that whoever did the drop ran the passenger side abs harness between the axle and the frame so if it bottoms out it pinches the wire. confirmed with a scan, I was surprised to find out the  sensor is pretty cheap like $20 so I don't have to fix the harness I will just grab a new one and route it correctly.

abs.JPG

42 minutes ago, aleeuw said:

Are the step lights blue? I thought they came with white LED.

They are supposed to be white but they look blue to me as well. They are also pretty dim. 

4 minutes ago, JesseSPI said:

They are supposed to be white but they look blue to me as well. They are also pretty dim. 

I am getting close to pulling the trigger now that they have the Xtreme, might have to run some different lights though.

How was install? Pretty easy?

31 minutes ago, aleeuw said:

I am getting close to pulling the trigger now that they have the Xtreme, might have to run some different lights though.

How was install? Pretty easy?

It wasn’t bad. Just time consuming. If you want to change up the lights it would be really easy the way the set up is. You would have no problem. 
Once the project was done I went to test it out and the opposite side would deploy. This was frustrating but I switched the signal wires around and everything worked out fine after. The wires I am referring to are the ones that go to your obd2 port. They are a purple wire and a purple with black stripe. I matched them how the instructions said but I guess that was a mistake on their harness. Not a big deal to switch. 
If you get them and have any questions on the install I can help. It’s all fresh in my mind since I just them. 

Edited by JesseSPI
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JesseSPI said:

It wasn’t bad. Just time consuming. If you want to change up the lights it would be really easy the way the set up is. You would have no problem. 
Once the project was done I went to test it out and the opposite side would deploy. This was frustrating but I switched the signal wires around and everything worked out fine after. The wires I am referring to are the ones that go to your obd2 port. They are a purple wire and a purple with black stripe. I matched them how the instructions said but I guess that was a mistake on their harness. Not a big deal to switch. 
If you get them and have any questions on the install I can help. It’s all fresh in my mind since I just them. 

These running boards are one of the best options I have added to my truck. Makes the truck look clean. They tuck right underneath. The light on mine is white. They are LEDs, just not super-bright. Highly recommend getting the plug-n-play wiring kit and not hard wiring inside the door, the wiring kit alone probably saves an hour on each side. Overall install was less than 2 hours.

On 2/21/2020 at 8:16 AM, Aboogie808 said:

Took her in the woods to look for land to purchase. I had a great time.

ac90c548881f84e5c0b31e11d4159da4.jpg

de2ceca44d958d62f8424708cca993fa.jpg

c028d5a994ce24b3853bfed284a4b03a.jpg

ac8a109b0cffd64ff5b8f69c3e67ffcf.jpg

Your truck looks good! Did you buy black headlight trim, grill, and bumber or did you plasti dip it?

Your truck looks good! Did you buy black headlight trim, grill, and bumber or did you plasti dip it?

Aloha and blessings. No, I rhino lined everything. Came out really good. I use to have plasti dipped it before, but wanted it to last longer.