What have you done to your K2 today?

On 2/18/2020 at 9:50 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

Rerouted the Illuminated Bow Tie harness on my truck this morning, before going to work.  I didn't like the way I ran it when I installed it a few weeks ago. ? When I tore it apart, I found out that I had to do some wire repair, too, both the white and the black wire had chaffed a little. ? I originally had the union between the two halves "clipped" to the truck frame, and later decided that if anyone takes off the grill and didn't realize it was done that way, they could easily damage either the light or the connector.  Found a video, this last weekend, while I was sick ?, that ran the main part of the harness along the same route with the hood release. ? Took photos of the original route and the new route, will post them when I get home from work tonight, or before I go to work tomorrow afternoon.

Originally drilled the 3/8" hole dead-center, but had to work it down/left to line it up correctly.

IMG_0800.JPG

Original path that I ran the harness:

IMG_0803.JPG

Zip tied the two wires to the "struts" just left of center:

IMG_0807.JPG

Rerouted the harness thru top of left headlight assembly and across the top of the grill:

IMG_0810.JPG

Now, I can easily disconnect the illuminated bow tie before removing the grill, next time:

IMG_0811.JPG

Edited by Ravenkeeper
  • Like 1

SDHQ A pillar bracket
Baja Design spot/wide cornering facing forward
Rigid flood facing side ways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome thanks! I'll look into a pair of those for sure

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

King off road 2.5” coilovers with reservoirs,
i left a 1/4” of rake but looks level to the eye. Rides amazing compared to stock!
46383EC2-445F-4422-B92B-D036D089808E.thumb.jpeg.eefef1bd9e18388f5fb13f3c23872f43.jpeg
5BE0069A-F4EE-461A-9A8C-7E1E32501F92.thumb.jpeg.beacff34887a55b940a92a771d973e8f.jpeg
651BE361-D80C-4541-AEE3-7E79C5D893EF.thumb.jpeg.3b28336e6e358382985cd51e19442a47.jpeg

How’s the ride in the rear compared to stock? I have the front coilovers and fox 2.0 in the back, not sure if it’s worth the upgrade to Kings in the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_3664.thumb.jpg.476a835fdaa346fcfef5729e7ad6ccea.jpg

Swapped key fobs to the AJT key fob. Beyond happy with it and I really like the solid buttons rather than the frail rubber buttons thats on the original key fob.

Edited by Flexbrah
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Flexbrah said:

Swapped key fobs to the AJT key fob. Beyond happy with it and I really like the solid buttons rather than the frail rubber buttons thats on the original key fob.

Do you have any pictures?

5 hours ago, Flexbrah said:

IMG_3664.thumb.jpg.476a835fdaa346fcfef5729e7ad6ccea.jpg

Damn dude! I didn't need to see this, as I always wondered about other type replacements for the fobs. Too bad they didn't make a CNC machined aluminum instead of the injected plastic. Hardest decision of the day, what color combinations... LOL