What have you done to your K2 today?

35 minutes ago, slj2008 said:

looks good - is it worth the money ??

Too early to tell. The fit, I'm a little disappointed in. The rubber base doesn't sit flush with roof, due to the contour of the roof. Lights are bright and work as they should. I just installed, so I will check to see how long actual run time is. Not sure it was worth the $400, but I didn't have to drill and the lights work as intended and I achieved what I was looking for so. If I can somehow get the rubber base to sit flush, I will be happy. Thanks for the interest.

On 5/30/2021 at 12:29 PM, slj2008 said:

They both look good. On your Borla how loud is it ? They make two system - 1. touring (less noise) 2. performce (loud) >

Actually there are 3

Touring

S-Type

Atak which is loudest

Adjusted the front bumper. Passenger side was flush with fender and driver side stuck out 1/2” past the fender. Also raised it up about 1/4”. Been aiming to adjust it for a while. 

Hit it with the clay bar and waxed it too. 

On 5/31/2021 at 4:21 PM, WSFD6107 said:

Too early to tell. The fit, I'm a little disappointed in. The rubber base doesn't sit flush with roof, due to the contour of the roof. Lights are bright and work as they should. I just installed, so I will check to see how long actual run time is. Not sure it was worth the $400, but I didn't have to drill and the lights work as intended and I achieved what I was looking for so. If I can somehow get the rubber base to sit flush, I will be happy. Thanks for the interest.

Guy at work has them on his Ram. Said he had to bend the bases to fit the curve of his cab. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2021 at 11:29 AM, slj2008 said:

They both look good. On your Borla how loud is it ? They make two system - 1. touring (less noise) 2. performce (loud) >

I have the S type.

Medium volume.

I'm thinking about getting an ATAK setup 

On 5/31/2021 at 3:21 PM, WSFD6107 said:

I was going to get a set of these lights. After reading all the bad reviews I decided not to.

The two problems are the fit like you described and the run time. They don't last nearly as long as they claim.

In the winter with less daylight it's even less.

Let us know how they work for you.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

I have the S type.

Medium volume.

I'm thinking about getting an ATAK setup 

I'd be curious to hear from someone with the ATAK and how it sounds at 70+ mph speeds as the S-Type on mine seems to get louder at those speeds. Maybe that's what you guys refer to as drone? I think the noise would get to me on longer trips if it were any louder at those speeds.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:00 PM, HoosierZ said:

Adjusted the front bumper. Passenger side was flush with fender and driver side stuck out 1/2” past the fender. Also raised it up about 1/4”. Been aiming to adjust it for a while. 

Hit it with the clay bar and waxed it too. 

How easy was it to adjust? Mines off on the driver's side slightly and I've always wanted to see if I could fix that. 

6 minutes ago, mjj said:

How easy was it to adjust? Mines off on the driver's side slightly and I've always wanted to see if I could fix that. 

Just had to pop out the grill to access the bolts. There’s 3 bolts on the end of each frame rail (15mm open end wrench) and 3 bolts on each outer bumper brace. All of the holes are slotted or oversized so there’s plenty of adjustment. 

1 hour ago, mjj said:

I'd be curious to hear from someone with the ATAK and how it sounds at 70+ mph speeds as the S-Type on mine seems to get louder at those speeds. Maybe that's what you guys refer to as drone? I think the noise would get to me on longer trips if it were any louder at those speeds.

I installed the ATAK side split exhaust on my truck a little over a year ago. It definitely has a louder and deeper tone than the S-Type. If you don't disable AFM it does drone (sounds like a helicopter) at around 40 MPH and then again around 65+ MPH. I bought a tuner and disabled AFM. Now it stays in V8 mode all the time and sounds mint. 👌

0509200810_HDR.jpg

0509200817_HDR.jpg

0509200818_HDR.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1