What have you done to your K2 today?

9 hours ago, M1ck3y said:

I have to ask. How is that legal, I mean how do you not get pulled over? There's more tire outside the fender then in! I think it looks great having the wheel stick out, but with the roads where I am my paint wouldn't last a year.

Actually it’s pretty even half in half outside the fender 😂 everyone in the area has them sticking out alil so yeah doubt they will pull everyone over, I also don’t go off-road so no rock getting thrown mainly highway

Abused my truck yesterday. Our anniversary was today but she only could get yesterday off. No, the wife not Pepper. 

So we do what she wants to do. Drive around the city of Rockford Illinois for a few hours in circles. This city is the home of the 'we will stop you at every intersection for 3 minutes' land. Then giving me directions to a place to eat drives me literally around in a circle around a strip mall...twice...for a distance of a mile at 5 mph looking for a street that she's sure comes into the parking lot but does not. Then we head out of town and I think to myself...finally! Yea not. We are headed to the other side of town to a drive through for her favorite tea that took forever. I say how about some ice cream? It's fifty miles away but it is really good ice cream and along highways rural. Trans needs cooling off as do I. Oh wait...it's 70 F out and she needs the AC because the humidity is like 45%. We are now at the point of no return along a route she wanted to take to see this or that into a 20 mph head wind and....lunch is rebelling and she needs the girls room NOW. It's 15 miles away so I'm now running into that wind 10 over the limit. 

Third worse tank of fuel it has ever returned in six years and 142K miles. The other two were, one in the winter when we didn't see the high side of zero for a month and the second when the shop forgot it was running in a parking lot for half a day. But it was still over 22 mpg and the trans did cool off. 😉 

• Like 2

Air box seal from a 6.0. MAP is reading 5kpa low at wot so I'm removing potential restrictions, starting with the seal. I came across a thread where the op did this on a 5.3 with a 6.2 air intake/manifold and it worked for him. I still have to get some data, Fingers X

20210624_1023571.jpg

Edited by M1ck3y

Decided to try my hand at porting. I still have to finish the other bank, open up the inlet for an lt5 tb, and clean it up. I'm going to correct port sizing with epoxy (phenol based). All the ports were .02 large in height, width they were all undersized. Might open up the seam's at the flash traps a little bit and epoxy them as well. I should point out that this didn't happen over night, lol. A lot of screw ups (manifolds) until I figured out how to get it the way it looks now. It's more of a project then pursuit of horsepower. More or less porting is just shifting the power band anyways. 

20210619_131119.jpg

Edited by M1ck3y
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dieselfan1 said:

I dig it Mike

Wonder how those would look on mine🤔

Hi, Jim, after seeing your painted bow-tie (I have the lighted black bow-tie which I think you'd also like), I think it would look great!
It actually turned out better than I expected - I've had it sitting around for two weeks before I convinced myself to take the leap. :)

17 minutes ago, M1ck3y said:

Only a year late posting this up 😋

20200803_142436.jpg

There have been a number of posts regarding the benefits of headers, or the detriments thereof.
I just say, do what you like - performance-wise, you won't really see much of a benefit but, if it makes you happy, have at it! :)

27 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

There have been a number of posts regarding the benefits of headers, or the detriments thereof.
I just say, do what you like - performance-wise, you won't really see much of a benefit but, if it makes you happy, have at it! :)

Your right, the best performance gain you can get is a tune. Headers add performance but not in ways you'd expect; plus everything adds up. Sound was the big reason I did it. But, If I could do it again, supercharger without a doubt.

And don't get headers if you tow! Tow haul mode uses exhaust back pressure to to slow engine speed going downhill. I manually shifted down to 1st and it did absolutely nothing, was damn near redline too. No back pressure here, lol.  

Edited by M1ck3y
  • Like 2