What have you done to your K2 today?

On 6/27/2021 at 12:10 PM, slide187 said:

hit 40k...

IMG_5953.jpg

I hit 35K on mine on 18 June 2021, on my way home from work.  I should have took a picture of my truck when I went back to work from lunch that afternoon, and then a picture of the odometer as it was hitting 35 on the way home, in the dark.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Your only doing 71 in a 55? 

Why so slow?

Oh crap!!!!!  I had no idea if my own incrimination!!  I was even proud that I didn’t take the picture whilst driving but my son, the impressionable new driver in 3 months took it. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, slide187 said:

Oh crap!!!!!  I had no idea if my own incrimination!!  I was even proud that I didn’t take the picture whilst driving but my son, the impressionable new driver in 3 months took it. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I'm sure the other end of Massachusetts is really REALLY far away and you needed to get home before you ran out of gas!

:rollin:

Tell your son, "Do as I say, not as I do". 

That will impress him like telling a cop you pay his wages.

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I'm sure the other end of Massachusetts is really REALLY far away and you needed to get home before you ran out of gas!

:rollin:

Tell your son, "Do as I say, not as I do". 

That will impress him like telling a cop you pay his wages.

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Hahaa well if we’re getting technical, the other end is “wicked faaahhh” away. 🤣😂

• Haha 2

Hard to believe, I know, but I took Pepper out in the rain yesterday intentionally! New OEM blue wrapper wipers and an ultra clean windshield. Fresh Hybrid Ceramic wax. Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons with a fresh alignment and the Sylvania Silver Star lamps. Seemed a waste not to test it all and play in the rain like I was five again. What a wonderful drive it was. I'll bet there are areas of that truck that saw water for the first time. 😉 Might do it again today. Suppose to be a gully washer. :P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Hard to believe, I know, but I took Pepper out in the rain yesterday intentionally! New OEM blue wrapper wipers and an ultra clean windshield. Fresh Hybrid Ceramic wax. Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons with a fresh alignment and the Sylvania Silver Star lamps. Seemed a waste not to test it all and play in the rain like I was five again. What a wonderful drive it was. I'll bet there are areas of that truck that saw water for the first time. 😉 Might do it again today. Suppose to be a gully washer. :P

I drove my truck in the rain yesterday for the first time this summer. It wasn't supposed to rain until 3-4 pm .

Downpour at 1pm. 75 miles from home . 

I spent all day today cleaning up the mess it made.

I'm not driving in the rain anymore if I don't have too.

The Trail Grapplers are not too bad in the rain though. 

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

I drove my truck in the rain yesterday for the first time this summer. It wasn't supposed to rain until 3-4 pm .

Downpour at 1pm. 75 miles from home . 

I spent all day today cleaning up the mess it made.

I'm not driving in the rain anymore if I don't have too.

The Trail Grapplers are not too bad in the rain though. 

5 minutes of fun. 5 hours of cleaning. 

:crackup:

• Haha 3

Today mine is getting detailed. Guy is out there now. Been waiting since April after I got my the truck for the appointment. Wash, clay, buff and coated. Cant wait til shes done. Hopefully the weather holds out too. FL weather is a bit bipolar lol.

Update: All done!

IMG_2175.jpeg

IMG_2176.jpeg

Edited by Byrds8
  • Like 4

New to the forum, just brought home my 2018 Silverado LTZ Redline Edition. No stranger to modifying my vehicles and just ordered in a set of Morimoto XB Headlights as well as a Range AFM disabler. Trading in my 2018 Civic, big step up! 

59055DA0-4A6D-4552-ACA1-4E43A5A3DE3C.jpeg

• Like 14

I dropped mine off at the dealer a week ago for new tires, alignment, brake fluid flush, an oil leak, and to verify operation of the thermostat and check for radiator leakage. Why dealer? Pirelli Scorpion all terrains cheaper than Tirerack, $30 off the alignment, I hate brake fluid flushing, and warranty. I then left and drove 500 miles away for a week; I’ll pick it up tomorrow on my way back to NY from OBX, then stop at Advance for some tune up items for the ‘84 GMC. Just what I’ll feel like doing after 500 miles in the saddle. 😁

I still have 2000 miles but a month left on the oil, so I’m opting to take it instead of my X3 back down to KL in a week and bringing a boat and a bunch of dive gear back to NY. I can’t see loosing $24 (2000 miles) of Rotella oil. Easier to sleep in the truck if needed during the drive too. 😁