What have you done to your K2 today?

22 hours ago, jpinoy said:

I got the same setup, really like the dash cam. I'm surprise at how well it shows on the back window with a 5% tint.. :D 

I agree, @jpinoy, thanks!
Work's been a little crazy, I'll post up a vid this weekend.

12 hours ago, jaimeastin said:

Finally did  @jaeisber bed/cargo light switch mod.  Very nice to be able to turn the cargo lights on without getting my dirty hands in the truck at night. 

By bed/cargo light mod, do you mean adding the diode to the BCM? 

9 hours ago, Bizon14 said:

By bed/cargo light mod, do you mean adding the diode to the BCM? 

No,  adding a physical button the back of the truck bed to power on cargo lights without going in cab.

forum thread:

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/225685-add-bed-light-switch-to-truck-bed/

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 6:46 PM, MikeBMW said:

I installed a 3 channel dash cam this weekend.
It records front, cabin, and rear.
I'll post some pics tomorrow, works great!
Running the cables wasn't too difficult, I removed the passenger side grab handle to run the front cable through that, after tucking into the head-liner at the upper windshield and routing it to the 12V connection on the console.
The rear cam, well, I went through the headliner and under the upper weather stripping on front and rear doors, (still exposed over the B-pillar, I'll have to fix that soon) then, over and in the rear C-pillar and through the rear head liner so the exposed cable was as short as possible.
It's the VanTrue N4 and I do recommend it, though I suggest setting it up with a power connection for different options prior to install as it's kind of a pain after install, for me, at least, but, likely won't be for most.

I bought a painted to match XM Antenna, MONTHS AGO, my son and I are going to put that on and while I have my headliner somewhat apart, we're also going to put in my camera system, that I got a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

I bought a painted to match XM Antenna, MONTHS AGO, my son and I are going to put that on and while I have my headliner somewhat apart, we're also going to put in my camera system, that I got a few weeks ago.

Nice! Which dash cam system did you choose?

3 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

Nice! Which dash cam system did you choose?

I have a Uniden DC115 that we've been moving from vehicle to vehicle, when we travel.  Forgot to take it with us to NC for 4 July weekend.  Going to put that one in my wife's MB.  The new one (for my truck) is VanTrue N4.

• Like 2

Flipped the thermostat in my tranny yesterday. Going to work is a 37mi trip and temp never got above 137. Only hit that when I sat at a gate for a while. Even on the interstate it didnt go above 127.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Byrds8 said:

Flipped the thermostat in my tranny yesterday. Going to work is a 37mi trip and temp never got above 137. Only hit that when I sat at a gate for a while. Even on the interstate it didnt go above 127.

that's exactly where mine rides ..about 137 ..hard axceleration it will go to about 145 after pill flip

• Like 1

I did pill flip too and got caught in stop and go traffic for about 20 miles on highway in 95⁰ weather and I watched it rise. It ended up going to around 180⁰ but once traffic broke up, it went back down. I know before doing the thermostat hack, it would have been above 190⁰ and would have never dropped below that. So I guess it's a success. But I need to do some more testing in different conditions. Next week will be a big one as I will be towing my camper for first time after mod. Last time I saw temps sometimes reach almost 220⁰ but expect it won't get any where near there this time. I was going through some grades in northern Arkansas and S/E Missouri. This time will be more level heading to central Wisconsin.

Edited by mikeyk101
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CajunFries said:

Another aFe Filter torn at the inlet. But their customer service is top notch and already got another one on the way. Throwing my backup K&N on for now. 

DE19159A-06ED-4AAE-9219-56F1AC4E2309.jpeg

Rubber or plastic?

2 hours ago, M1ck3y said:

Rubber or plastic?

It’s rubber with a metal band inside. The metal band clamp onto the tube and as overtime the rubber pretty much bond onto the tube and won’t let go. Sooooo the only way to get the filter off is to rip it off. I spent over an hour try to get it off without ripping butttttt no luck. 

97A034FD-044E-43A1-9939-723BBA7B60BB.jpeg

4 hours ago, CajunFries said:

It’s rubber with a metal band inside. The metal band clamp onto the tube and as overtime the rubber pretty much bond onto the tube and won’t let go. Sooooo the only way to get the filter off is to rip it off. I spent over an hour try to get it off without ripping butttttt no luck. 

97A034FD-044E-43A1-9939-723BBA7B60BB.jpeg

A light smear of Vaseline 😉