What have you done to your K2 today?

On 7/15/2021 at 12:01 PM, mikeyk101 said:

I did pill flip too and got caught in stop and go traffic for about 20 miles on highway in 95⁰ weather and I watched it rise. It ended up going to around 180⁰ but once traffic broke up, it went back down. I know before doing the thermostat hack, it would have been above 190⁰ and would have never dropped below that. So I guess it's a success. But I need to do some more testing in different conditions. Next week will be a big one as I will be towing my camper for first time after mod. Last time I saw temps sometimes reach almost 220⁰ but expect it won't get any where near there this time. I was going through some grades in northern Arkansas and S/E Missouri. This time will be more level heading to central Wisconsin.

They still warm up with the pill flipped if you are not moving. 

Once warm (185-195) it will cool off faster when you get moving again.

• Like 2

Fought with this stupid thing for the 1000th time after putting the seat up and back down to get something out of the storage bin. Is there anything you guys have done to this “part” to keep it from lifting and splitting EVERY gd time you lift the seat bottom up???

DF116578-6F97-4C06-B9BA-9917CA938A82.jpeg

1 hour ago, slide187 said:

Fought with this stupid thing for the 1000th time after putting the seat up and back down to get something out of the storage bin. Is there anything you guys have done to this “part” to keep it from lifting and splitting EVERY gd time you lift the seat bottom up???

DF116578-6F97-4C06-B9BA-9917CA938A82.jpeg

Get another... It's just a bad pair and internal tabs are probably unable to lock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jaimeastin said:

Get another... It's just a bad pair and internal tabs are probably unable to lock.

Ok so they’re not all like that. That is a relief. Hahah. I was actually thinking about super gluing them, but I’ll def try another one first. Thx, I’ll go grab the pahhht numbah. 👍🏼👍🏼

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 4:53 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

I bought a painted to match XM Antenna, MONTHS AGO, my son and I are going to put that on and while I have my headliner somewhat apart, we're also going to put in my camera system, that I got a few weeks ago.

SO, this didn't happen.  You know what they say...."Happy wife, happy life."  She wanted to go shopping on Saturday, and then again on Sunday.  🤬  The only thing that I got done to my truck Friday night was wash it, and Saturday morning I fixed my fuel fill port, stupid plastic fastener broke a few weeks back and I replaced it with a bolt/nut (like I did with my '15).  Pictures will be edited in, later today.

IMG-2383.JPG

IMG-2384.JPG

IMG-2386.JPG

Edited by Ravenkeeper
Added Pictures
  • Like 1

I had my Billstein 5100s installed today, (i" extra lift front and back, and realignment) seems great, so far.
I've got to catch up on a promised vid about the VanTrue 3 channel dash cam install and I'll add the Billsteins in, as well, this weekend. Sorry for the delay ...

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

I had my Billstein 5100s installed today, (i" extra lift front and back, and realignment) seems great, so far.
I've got to catch up on a promised vid about the VanTrue 3 channel dash cam install and I'll add the Billsteins in, as well, this weekend. Sorry for the delay ...

Pics Mike?

So you did the 2.5" level, then the 1.5" body lift, now the 1" from the bilsteins..

5" total?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Pics Mike?

So you did the 2.5" level, then the 1.5" body lift, now the 1" from the bilsteins..

5" total?

Close, Jim. It's a 3" level, 1.5" body lift and now a 1" shock lift, so 5.5" total on 35x12.5x18 BFG KO2s.
I'll get pics up this weekend, along with the dash cam. :)

Inspired by the others that have recently done the tranmission thermostat delete, I finally got off butt and did it to my truck.  I used the Superior Solutions kit and the install went pretty straightforward.  I had to improvise since I didn't have snap ring pliers but that was about the only issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UofAZCats said:

Inspired by the others that have recently done the tranmission thermostat delete, I finally got off butt and did it to my truck.  I used the Superior Solutions kit and the install went pretty straightforward.  I had to improvise since I didn't have snap ring pliers but that was about the only issue.

I used that kit too.

My temps stay in the 140s... However, I do see that when traffic stops and we are jokying, temps have started to go to 160s.   I assume because radiator is. It being cooled off with air as truck is moving.  Soon as I start driving, temps go back down.  

I saw a real improvement.  Without the delete, temps were 180-190 driving or towing.  

I am about to swap pans to one with a drain.  New filter and gasket for the change.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jaimeastin said:

I used that kit too.

My temps stay in the 140s... However, I do see that when traffic stops and we are jokying, temps have started to go to 160s.   I assume because radiator is. It being cooled off with air as truck is moving.  Soon as I start driving, temps go back down.  

I saw a real improvement.  Without the delete, temps were 180-190 driving or towing.  

I am about to swap pans to one with a drain.  New filter and gasket for the change.

Might I suggest the PLM alloy pan? Spring for the large capacity pan. Helps strengthen the case. Nicely cast and finished. I love my 8 quart. (painted with BBQ paint) 

IMG_0103.JPG.9ce62ef68f36d5258dcb76429da795d0.JPG

• Like 2