What have you done to your K2 today?

On 7/23/2021 at 10:16 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

1.) That gauge in the dash is less than accurate.

2.) Around town? A radiator is a fin fan heat exchanger than requires "AIR" to cool. Fans are factory set about 215 F so.....no air, no cooling.

3.) Only living things respond to 'feels like'. LOL Kind' a in da name 😉 

Try reading directly from the ECU via the OBDII port....and find some air. Highway? 

I like this idea so I want to try running my OBD2 Bluetooth scanner to see what is happening with my various temps. However, I also want to keep my Range AFM delete plugged in because I need to know the stats while running around with the Range plugged in. What are your thoughts about running an OBD2 splitter to accomplish this? I guess I could just try picking one up because they aren't very expensive but thought I would ask for opinions first.

9 hours ago, mikeyk101 said:

I like this idea so I want to try running my OBD2 Bluetooth scanner to see what is happening with my various temps. However, I also want to keep my Range AFM delete plugged in because I need to know the stats while running around with the Range plugged in. What are your thoughts about running an OBD2 splitter to accomplish this? I guess I could just try picking one up because they aren't very expensive but thought I would ask for opinions first.

I literally have nothing on this. Sorry. 

On 7/18/2021 at 6:59 PM, jaimeastin said:

Get another... It's just a bad pair and internal tabs are probably unable to lock.

Got the new ones today.  same exact thing happens to it... everytime i lift the lower seat up it pops off the metal frame its connected to.  i feel like it's just not seated in there correctly... but the only time the 2 pieces fall apart is when i'm messin with it trying to get the damn thing back in place.  :banghead: frustrationizing!!!

Literally nothing on the interwebs about, so I'll probaly have my dealer explain it to me next time I take 'er in.

Today I got finished with the retractable tonneau cover and bed extender. Here are a few images of it. Apparently I cant only do one at a time so I guess Ill put up a couple of posts.

IMG_2271.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Byrds8 said:

Today I got finished with the retractable tonneau cover and bed extender. Here are a few images of it. Apparently I cant only do one at a time so I guess Ill put up a couple of posts.

IMG_2271.jpeg

Great job! Remember, those straps on the bed extender are to be pushed into the tailgate latches when in use.
They're a bear to get in but easy to remove just by pulling the tailgate handle.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

Great job! Remember, those straps on the bed extender are to be pushed into the tailgate latches when in use.
They're a bear to get in but easy to remove just by pulling the tailgate handle.

That I knew. But thanks for making sure. They were just not in cause it was just for pictures. After that I covered it all back up and backed her into the garage for the night.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 2:59 PM, SeekAndDestroy said:

Installed my wideband O2 sensor last week. Got the MAF curve tuned nicely. Now to jump deeper into the rabbit hole of tuning. 

681CB8E4-A81B-45EB-9A7D-53828910AAE3.jpeg

You mind sharing your install? I'd like to do something like this but wouldn't have the first clue on where to draw the power from or how to route the wiring into the cab. 

On 7/27/2021 at 7:30 PM, M1ck3y said:

You mind sharing your install? I'd like to do something like this but wouldn't have the first clue on where to draw the power from or how to route the wiring into the cab. 

-Used the AEM 30-0300. It came with an exhaust bung that my friend welded into the passenger side of the y-pipe. There is more room for it there. 

-I got power from the interior drivers side fuse block. There is a big fuse there using 2 of 3 pins. The 3rd exposed pin is what you tap into. I got the idea from this forum. People hard wire dash cams into the same power source. (Key on 12V) 

-Removed the 110V outlet plug in the console, used a dremel tool to notch the sides a little until the gauge fit nicely

-Ran the power wire under the steering wheel to the console/gauge

-O2 wiring I routed up the same path as the factory O2 wire, and then up the firewall and over to the passenger fender. Then its routed through the fender. There is a grommet under the top door hinge, I cut an X in that grommet and fed the wire through. It came into the cab near the cabin filter. Then routed over to the console and connected to the gauge.

-I also wired up the serial port input so that I can hook it into the computer and Data Log with HP Tuners. Got that info from Goat Rope Garage on YouTube. Everything fits nicely behind the console

I didn't take any pictures as I was doing it. If you need pics I can get some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Very cool👍

Thanks! Night time pic:
(BTW, when at home, there's always going to be a cat in my pics, spot one of them in this one ...) :D

IMG_0439.jpg

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

Thanks! Night time pic:
(BTW, when at home, there's always going to be a cat in my pics, spot him in this one ... :D

IMG_0439.jpg

I see a "Yellow Panther" in your bumper on the left side by the fog light.

Looks like he was stalking you as the picture was taken🤔😬

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My 2018 5.3 6spd hit 60k.  I purchased it 4/19, 2 years and it's been run a lot.  All over CA, across the country a few times.  Towing my boat... Up mountains, in the woods, etc.  

I changed the transmission fluid and filter again.  First time was at 34k.  I would consider this extreme.  I did the thermostat delete @34k when I did the fluid change.  This time in Putnam new pan in with drain. Now I can drop more often so I can get the fluid fresh.  

The last time I used yelco fluid that I got for $4.50, but this time out when you use Valvoline because after $4.20. I changed the fluid in the transmission pan and the transfer case. Last time I changed at the differential  and use amsoil severe gear in the front and the rear.  I will change it around 75k and do another transfluid drop without changing the filter.

Screenshot_20210716-164629_Gallery_copy_810x783.jpg

Screenshot_20210716-164649_Gallery_copy_810x966.jpg

Screenshot_20210716-164658_Gallery_copy_810x894.jpg

Screenshot_20210716-164855_Gallery_copy_810x683.jpg

Edited by jaimeastin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2